[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

How does the hover mode work? Does it balance the individual engines out to keep the craft level? Does it alter the throttle overall to keep the same altitude?

The hover mode means it will keep altering the thrust of the engine so that you do not loose or gain altitude and it allows you to change your height above the ground. It does not balance engines at the moment. I am not sure if this is the case but I think it is. I hope it helps.

The hover mode means it will keep altering the thrust of the engine so that you do not loose or gain altitude and it allows you to change your height above the ground. It does not balance engines at the moment. I am not sure if this is the case but I think it is. I hope it helps.

I've heard hover had some really positive effects with the FTT Honeybadger - I'll have to take a look :)

Question - hopefully not a stupid one. I read back a bit, but didn't find an answer, and/or I just don't understand some stuff. I was wondering what the story is with the RCS/normal engine hybrid of the ducted fans. Should I think of this as if the engine had an invisible RCS port stuck on it, essentially? What directions would that invisible RCS port fire? Does this mean that the ducted fans should be able to automagically level (with RCS enabled) an imbalanced craft, within a certain range of imbalance? Last few pages of posts suggest otherwise...

Question - hopefully not a stupid one. I read back a bit, but didn't find an answer, and/or I just don't understand some stuff. I was wondering what the story is with the RCS/normal engine hybrid of the ducted fans. Should I think of this as if the engine had an invisible RCS port stuck on it, essentially? What directions would that invisible RCS port fire? Does this mean that the ducted fans should be able to automagically level (with RCS enabled) an imbalanced craft, within a certain range of imbalance? Last few pages of posts suggest otherwise...

The engines have both traditional engine thrust (towards the base of the triangle) and RCS thrusters (both up and down on the thruster). Usually not enough to automatically level, but you can do full maneuvering without having to have separate RCS or SAS (based on the weight of your airframe).

The engines have both traditional engine thrust (towards the base of the triangle) and RCS thrusters (both up and down on the thruster). Usually not enough to automatically level, but you can do full maneuvering without having to have separate RCS or SAS (based on the weight of your airframe).

Gotcha, thanks. So it might help correct a pretty small imbalance if you are diligent about it, but isn't going to overcome a fundamental imbalance in engines' overall center of thrust vs. vehicle center of mass when they're cranked up to 11.

Gotcha, thanks. So it might help correct a pretty small imbalance if you are diligent about it, but isn't going to overcome a fundamental imbalance in engines' overall center of thrust vs. vehicle center of mass when they're cranked up to 11.

Yep! That's correct

Yep. If you're making a VTOL, your centre of thrust needs to be pointing directly downwars and be exactly over your centre of mass.

Yep. If you're making a VTOL, your centre of thrust needs to be pointing directly downwars and be exactly over your centre of mass.

over if u want very stable under-if u wana agile but harder to controll there are so many thinks that u can do to increase or decrease some parameters

over if u want very stable under-if u wana agile but harder to controll there are so many thinks that u can do to increase or decrease some parameters

I didn't mean it that way, it just needs to be exactly where the CoM is. Just like you say- over or under the CoM is up to your preference. Personally I go for in the middle of the CoM, or as close as I can get it.

Wow that craft looks awesome Nightingale!

Hey RoverDude, quick question for you, and I'm sorry if you've answered before... I've downloaded all your packs, but I noticed that you don't include any sample craft files, usually that's how I go about learning the uses for the parts. Is that something you might add at some point?

Who's ready to go find some Karborundum on Eve? :D

http://i.imgur.com/sGLRiTi.png

Very Nice craft bro, but can anyone shed some light on what the telescopic thingy on the back of the craft is? (I realise its a stupid question but iv never seen it before :blush:)

Thanks

Regards

The Gecko

*EDIT* just a thought, perhaps some airbags under the grasshopper, just for that real bouncy feel? :P

Edited by Gecko99

Wow that craft looks awesome Nightingale!

Hey RoverDude, quick question for you, and I'm sorry if you've answered before... I've downloaded all your packs, but I noticed that you don't include any sample craft files, usually that's how I go about learning the uses for the parts. Is that something you might add at some point?

Sure, I can do that

Very Nice craft bro, but can anyone shed some light on what the telescopic thingy on the back of the craft is? (I realise its a stupid question but iv never seen it before :blush:)

Thanks

Regards

The Gecko

*EDIT* just a thought, perhaps some airbags under the grasshopper, just for that real bouncy feel? :P

Karborundum scanner from K+ :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

sooo, your tiny parts are flipping AWSOME, but now i realised i want to use them as tiny loader pods. and the claw is way WAY too larger to facilitate..

would a re purposed landing leg as a grabber work? (as in make the landign leg claw like sticky? not sure if possible but it would be stylish..)

edit, how on earts name do i put an imgur post in here?

edit 2: got it.

Edited by Thahat

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/u6e0I/embed"></iframe>

sooo, your tiny parts are flipping AWSOME, but now i realised i want to use them as tiny loader pods. and the claw is way WAY too larger to facilitate..

would a re purposed landing leg as a grabber work? (as in make the landign leg claw like sticky? not sure if possible but it would be stylish..)

I'll just make you guys one... it's been on my list for a while :)

aditionally if you were wondering why the floodlight is clipped into the front of the cabbin, the headlights are way WAY too bright for close range operations, so i just clipped it in, turned off the main headlight off of the L key, and now the kerbal inside has a little footrest/warmer too :D

aditionally if you were wondering why the floodlight is clipped into the front of the cabbin, the headlights are way WAY too bright for close range operations, so i just clipped it in, turned off the main headlight off of the L key, and now the kerbal inside has a little footrest/warmer too :D

Lemme play with their intensity vs. range, they should be more ambient

sorry if im being a bother btw but i also found this while trying to use a pack of the awsome little go getters

http://i.imgur.com/j5brtUH.png

only one cockpit displays a kerbal, bug/feature/engine limitation?

EDIT: i have been doing some testing for you, and its a bit odd. sometihmes you have multiple pilots, after docking two of em togeather one disapeares, after undocking its two pilots again. when landed on the floro, two pilots, immidiately after takign off from the floor back to one pilot (pilot also is invisible when two dock togeather)

http://imgur.com/7kvELLr

Edited by Thahat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.