how have you killed Jeb?

crasher925

Jeb isn't dead, he should be but he isn't... He's had an Eventful 1 year and 28 days of The firestorm space program (Now with extra boosters and Roots)Subsidiary of Kerbal Space Program though.

Now here's the story of jeb.

After many uneventful flights with a few minor engine explosions, he hopped in what he thought to be his next test.

After maneuvering to orbit he then found himself maneuvering to an orbiting kerbal., After rendesvousing with the kerbal he realized that this wasn't his ship and was a rescue pod. Not wanting the orbiting kerbal to feel bad he hopped out of the pod and gave his seat to him.

After orbiting kerbin for 2 months a ship finally came to rescue him... But it's targeting computers were down and it took much more fuel than expected.. and much longer.

Jumped in the now empty command pod and to the mun they want.

Aiming for a crater to land in, he realized his approach was too shallow and he was going to miss the crater by a few km, no worrys just burn retrograde and slow it down.... TOO MUCH!!!!

crashing into an oncoming hill rocket spinning uncontrollably, crashes pod first into the mun... But somehow with everything else exploding, Jeb survived...

Now he is happily planting flags

I haven't killed him yet. Currently he is wandering around on the Mun. He has enough fuel to get home but the truth is he likes it there. Plus it stops him sneaking on to the other rocket flights and gives the other Kerbals a chance for greatness. :D

Amazingly, I've never killed Jeb. I did, however, have a close call with him.

Being interested in spaceplanes, I decided to try the Aeris 4A stock design not knowing how poorly designed it is. Despite that, I somehow managed to barely achieve orbit. Coming back, however, I was running on fumes after my deorbit burn, and on top of that I was nowhere near KSC. I was coming down over land, at night, with almost no fuel and limited electricity. I tried to come down slowly... right into a hillside.

I destroyed almost all of the plane, except the indestructible cockpit. Jeb is the luckiest Kerbal in my program.

I havent killed Jeb, nor any kerbal in a long time, my expierence level surpassed that level :D

Now if you ask me how many times Jeb laughed in the face of death and walked away, those are countless, so good there is an thing as Abort Action Group :D Jeb rides with me with one hand on the Controls and one hand on the Abort Lever :P

And yeah, i have launched several resque missions to get that poor stranded kerbal back home, so its not all going smooth..

But the killing days are in the past :P

• 1 year later...

Most of these happened in 0.90:

• MechJeb smacked an XU-1 Blue Dragon supersonic bomber spyplane "transport" prototype into the hills west of KSC
  • N.E.A.R. + 2200 m/s at 15000m + Split S turn = "Where did the rest of the spaceplane go?"
  • Mun lander landed sideways, smacked into a hill at 150m/s while trying to take off again
  • FRX15 booster prototype slammed into the bottom of the capsule during an abort test

Unintentionally landed on Mun within visible distance of an arch. Jeb thought he would do the touristy thing and hike to the arch to have his picture taken. Got bored walking. Shift W didn't seem to let Jeb run as in past versions (bug?). So, decided to fly using thruster pack. Too much speed later and Jeb was just a memory. Fireball was a nice touch though.

I went to a mission to the Mün with Bob, Bill and Jeb in order to explore possible base site. Lander haven't had enough dV to get to orbit and rendezvous with a station in its main propulsion, so I used RCS. I succesfully got into orbit. When I was in the map view planning rendezvous, after some time I noticed that craft's orbit was altering. I forgot to throttle down *derp* :D my RCS fuel was gone and my periapsis inside the Mün. So, time for some EVA pushing. I pushed my peri somewhere I thought would be enough (it was clear in the map view). As the craft approached Mün's surface, Jeb turned lander towards the surface to see it passing only few meters away. All of them were so fascinated they forgot to look at the altimeter. And then, BOOM! Only command pod blew up (with all the kerbals) the rest of the craft continued unharmed on its orbit. It literally ruined my day. ;.;

Edited by Thomassino

I am not sure if this counts but i got him trapped in the MK3 cargo bay doors and then he got flinged into outer space and I can no longer select or control him. I think he might break my save so i will delete him from the save file. Sorry Jeb.;.;

I almost killed him yesterday. He knocked against a tank while on EVA, and lost consciousness, moreover spewing monopropellant everywhere continuously, spinning away towards Minmus and not regaining consciousness.

I restarted the game and he recovered consciousness a moment later, still with enough monoprop to return.

I killed Val on Duna, during testing whether the rover can get back to orbit from the surface. Too shallow trajectory, hit a mountain, the lander can survived but launched high and fast, about to crash in a moment. The two kerbals evacuated. The random scientist survived thanks to monoprop; Val exitted later and didn't get to break her fall on time.

Then they both woke up. Just a bad Hyperedit Dream, they aren't to visit Duna in another year!

I was attempting to do my first ever landing on Minimus, and I was following Scott Manelys guide while using MecJeb. I got cocky and I didn't actually read about how to use MechJeb correctly so I ended up smashing Jeb straight into minimus...

If I had a fund everytime I killed him, I could make a fully fledged Moho colony...

Parachute torn off because of time warp, crashing into the Mun at 500m/s, Rapid Unplanned Disassemblyâ„¢ of Duna rocket, SNC Dream Chaser replica burning up in RO, Space Shuttle replica burning up in RO, SNC Dream Chaser replica burning up in 64K, Kraken... The list is endless, you really want to hear all of them?

Well on the pun side, you could say that he was fired many times by reading my list.

[TABLE=class: verse]

[TR]

[TD]“Any of our wives who be the first arriver,[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gently we should take her, throw her in the fire,[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mix with lime her ashes, tender ashes softly[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]For to strengthen with it Déva’s castle lofty.â€Â[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It was an accident! I swear! I wanted to sacrifice Val to bring good fortune to my brand new career save. Like they did it in that ballad. I certainly didn't want Jeb to do it. But you know how is it with him, he sees an interesting looking craft and he climbs in when you are not looking.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Now the launchpad is his burial site. I think it fits.

Edited by Evanitis

Just experimented with Ironman Career and I have successfully (by accident) killed Jeb permanently. :P

Since I like keeping Jeb around, I'm going to start a fresh save. Without him, the space program is doomed lol. :P

Edit: As a matter fact, why not try a challenge where if you lose Jeb, Bill, or Bob, you must delete your entire save (as your program has failed!). :P

I have actually done this recently... That was before I saw this post lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.