[1.2] UAL002's Lorefriendy Serious Parody Flags v2.1 [Fall of the Ape Edition]

UAL002

This mod isn't dead. Just been focused on other gaming. Props to the UKKR Photo album. Very cool. Also, unsure what "zokesians/flarons/KASA/Krepublic/Kempire/Kemperium" are. Did Cratery Coast get popular or something?

Anyways, expect to see an update near or after 1.0 release. If you have more suggestions, I'd be happy to whip out photoshop again.

• 2 weeks later...

MOKMO, It looks ok to me. Looks like they upgraded the format though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking about doing more roundels for the existing national flags. Anybody have a preference for what I start with?

Okay, my request - would you kindly make your mod available through CKAN for easier installation? (An by this I mean auto-updates handled by CKAN) :)

Lovely. I literally sat down to see if there is a KSP modloader. Can you point me somewhere and give me any needed pointers?

EDIT: I also just realized I kinda messed up on the Polan roundel. The checker pattern is backwards.. but hey, its a parody.

EDIT2: looks like I might need to upload this to Kerbalstuff for it to work.

EDIT3: Added to Kerbalstuff. First post updated to reflect it.

Edited by UAL002

Hey, great pack. One concern. "Ishmael" is a biblical character. In particular, he is Abraham's older son, though he was born to a maidservant, while Sarah was still unable to get pregnant. He is said to have gone on to father the Islamic people, in fact the Ka'aba hold's a meteorite that was supposedly found while Ibrahim (Islamic name for Abraham) and Ishmael were walking. Some people on both sides of the story may be a little irked by the naming of the Israel parody "Ishmael". You may want to consider changing it. Otherwise great work, these flags are all very high quality.

Lovely. I literally sat down to see if there is a KSP modloader. Can you point me somewhere and give me any needed pointers?

EDIT: I also just realized I kinda messed up on the Polan roundel. The checker pattern is backwards.. but hey, its a parody.

EDIT2: looks like I might need to upload this to Kerbalstuff for it to work.

EDIT3: Added to Kerbalstuff. First post updated to reflect it.

If you change the name of the file in your dropbox to be (for instance) 'flagpackcurrentversion' and overwrite that file when you update, then CKAN would be able to get the current version of the mod (as the download location wouldnt change).

Alternatively if you are able to host the flag pack on github, CKAN can autodetect when you make an update and change the download location accordingly.

Yesterday I made a request to add the flag pack to CKAN with its current fixed version as the target. If you put the pack on github then another request could be made to auto update it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/399

Hey, great pack. One concern. "Ishmael" is a biblical character. In particular, he is Abraham's older son, though he was born to a maidservant, while Sarah was still unable to get pregnant. He is said to have gone on to father the Islamic people, in fact the Ka'aba hold's a meteorite that was supposedly found while Ibrahim (Islamic name for Abraham) and Ishmael were walking. Some people on both sides of the story may be a little irked by the naming of the Israel parody "Ishmael". You may want to consider changing it. Otherwise great work, these flags are all very high quality.

Your concern is noted, however... that's thinking too far into it. Ishmael just sounded old world to me. It was hard enough trying to keep the bio clean. As far as I'm concerned, if that becomes a problem, I'd rather just remove it. Remember this is just a lighthearted parody. Thank you for the compliments as well, remember too some flags were submissions as this is a group effort. If you have ideas of your own... be sure to chime in.

EDIT: re-reading my response comes off as a little defensive. My apologies for that. If I get more concerns from people I will consider again what you said, as of now you are the first to point it out.

If you change the name of the file in your dropbox to be (for instance) 'flagpackcurrentversion' and overwrite that file when you update, then CKAN would be able to get the current version of the mod (as the download location wouldnt change).

Alternatively if you are able to host the flag pack on github, CKAN can autodetect when you make an update and change the download location accordingly.

Yesterday I made a request to add the flag pack to CKAN with its current fixed version as the target. If you put the pack on github then another request could be made to auto update it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/399

As far as the download. I can make the dropbox download have the same name and start overwriting it from now on. I can remove the version number in the zip. Would you like me to PM you when I do that?

EDIT: blu3wolf, you have a PM.

Edited by UAL002

Finnish flag possbily?

Will do. If not tonight, then tomorrow.

EDIT: What do you think so far... I can go somewhere else with it? I tried to make him look a little smashed. I'm thinking of Calling it "Kompletish". If you like, I'll add it to the next update. I've got a funny idea for the roundel too.

Kompletish.png

Edited by UAL002

Ok, gkorgood. Try this out and tell me what you want changed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6911908/Laz.png

Oh, I fly strictly under NASA's colors, I just love seeing the amazing efforts people put into every single aspect of the game. And as to the Ishmael flag, it doesn't offend me, but I have met people from both sides of the conflict who are radical enough to have it concern them. So I know those people are out there, and if any of them play KSP, they might be offended over it. Your response didn't sound defensive, it sounded logical, which is all that really matters to me. It's your pack, do what you want with it. My thoughts were just something to consider.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.