[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Looks nice to play with Interstellar and MKS, but I was wondering... why are the stars in orbits? Would it be possible for them to be stationary relative to each other or is there a game limitation?

Its seems like orbits are WAAAAY broken... I tried to achieve an orbit around a star, and couldn't. Also, I edited Minmus to be around Dolas, and still, if I tried to hyperedit my ship to it, the ship would have an orbit for a split second, then fly off...

Looks nice to play with Interstellar and MKS, but I was wondering... why are the stars in orbits? Would it be possible for them to be stationary relative to each other or is there a game limitation?

The stars are orbiting the Black Hole.

Stars aren't stationary relative to each other IRL, but even if they were, i doubt it would be feasible in game because that would require that the space between the stars not belong to any particular body. This would mean no gravity outside a star's SOI, which would lead to perfectly stationary objects and other exploity things.

Also, why would anyone not want a black hole?

Its seems like orbits are WAAAAY broken... I tried to achieve an orbit around a star, and couldn't. Also, I edited Minmus to be around Dolas, and still, if I tried to hyperedit my ship to it, the ship would have an orbit for a split second, then fly off...

Hyperedit no longer works since I made Kerbol #0 and the black hole #-1 in the flightglobals.

Seemed fine with anything orbiting Kerbol.

Plus I tried using an infinite fuel cheat and the largest engine in the game (which is endlessly fun), and it still didn't work quite right. XD

*edit

P.S. this mod is still amazing regardless of glitches and kinks that need worked out. :D

Seemed fine with anything orbiting Kerbol.

Plus I tried using an infinite fuel cheat and the largest engine in the game (which is endlessly fun), and it still didn't work quite right. XD

*edit

P.S. this mod is still amazing regardless of glitches and kinks that need worked out. :D

Hmm, I can't seem to escape Kerbol in 0.24 right now either. Not sure what it is. Everything worked fine earlier today. On what version are you trying?

Hmm, I can't seem to escape Kerbol in 0.24 right now either. Not sure what it is. Everything worked fine earlier today. On what version are you trying?

Ok, my dirty safegame fix seemed to cause some problems. Changing two lines of code made me capable of leaving to interstellar space again an get into orbit of Dolas. The orbit drivers still seem to behave a bit weird though. I'm going to check how it works in 0.23.5 now.

Ok, my dirty safegame fix seemed to cause some problems. Changing two lines of code made me capable of leaving to interstellar space again an get into orbit of Dolas. The orbit drivers still seem to behave a bit weird though. I'm going to check how it works in 0.23.5 now.

Nice! Something with orbital mechanics must've changed.

Ok, even in 0.23.5 I seem to get some weird orbitdriver behaviour. So it must be in one of my 0.24 hotfixes. I'll spit through my code and get you guys an updated version tomorrow. (everything was working great untill I started fixing stuff to make it work with 0.24 :P)

This looks so darn cool! :) I would love to try it out! I just have a few questions:

1. I see the kerbol system now has an orbit path line. Does it now orbit around the center of the galaxy? That would be so amazing!

2. do the other stars orbit kerbol, or do they orbit the center of the galaxy? (if question 1 is true)

3. I heard something about the sun now being a black hole. What do you mean by this? Is kerbol now a black hole!?

This looks so darn cool! :) I would love to try it out! I just have a few questions:

1. I see the kerbol system now has an orbit path line. Does it now orbit around the center of the galaxy? That would be so amazing!

2. do the other stars orbit kerbol, or do they orbit the center of the galaxy? (if question 1 is true)

3. I heard something about the sun now being a black hole. What do you mean by this? Is kerbol now a black hole!?

The Kerbol system behaves like a planet around a sun, in this case, nothing or a black hole. you have 2 other stars, a blue and a red one. Pretty impressive.

With planetfactory and this mod, could I recreate the Abaddon star system using this mod?

Also, how can I get rid of the stock blue and red stars? I want to make space for my own stars.

Edited by Poryy

here is a video i made on the stars.

You said you wished you could just click on the Sun to go to it. You can.

You can double left click on a planet or star or use the tab key to cycle through them.

Edited by Larrt_M

Seems awesome. If you could include the option to add planets and moons within the same mod, it would be huge, as Planet Factory seems kinda dead and abandoned at the moment. One question: would it be possible for other stars to orbit the "black hole" on different planes? IMHO it would vastly improve believability if they were not orbiting on the same plane.