[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

Awesome! I'm using PFCE and Interstellar to make other systems, but PFCE's star was not that good(no light, no solar panel, etc) and mod author's gone.. Now I have this mod!

Also, I'm looking forward to planet creating feature! (Even I know it will take long time)

Anyway, here's a minor imcompatibility report:

I'm running KSP 0.23.5, and this mod seems to be compatible with 0.23.5. But It seems it's not compatible with Real Solar System. If I put RSS and this mod together, the gravity of Kerbin seems to disappear(all objects in orbit go straight), and new-launched vehicles are not spawned on launchpad but on somewhere in space (everytime I launch, spawning area differs) with light speed.

RSS 0.24 is not released so it's not certain if it will be incompatible in 0.24 version too... so I wish you to take a look at this problem only if you're not busy.

(I'm not an English speaker, so ignore grammar please)

This looks incredible :) I have been trying to do something similar for months (and ATM I just put a real sized version of this type of idea to store in Dropbox having given up). And I have to say that based on what I see, it is very impressive! I have to congratulate you, I didn't think it was possible to make something like this stable enough to use.

Also I am getting really quick at making Pf:CE planets. If you want some example systems built to add to your stars, I can make you some quickly if you ask :)

Better but still not good, the star Dolas was still engulfing Kerbin, Etaria and Sanctum (which were still fused with each other and therefore making the game unplayable) but Kerbolis and Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis had returned to their orbits.

Could Squad see this and say "Hey, it looks like multiple star system are possible. Why not work on that for a while?" Oh, one can only dream.

Anyways, this is such a cool mod! It didn't take a second thought for me to try this out! I'd love to see exoplanets implemented in the future. :)

Let me know what you guys think.

Words...words cannot explain-but this may be the biggest development in building a larger world scince planet factory.

However I will ask-is there lag? And can mechjeb handle transefering you to another solar system?

I'll totally try this soon!, And start colonizating! :D

Oh... I may have some products you are interested in then ;)

And to the OP - how is the distance between the stars? Do we have a larger 'solar system' now?

Words...words cannot explain-but this may be the biggest development in building a larger world scince planet factory.

However I will ask-is there lag? And can mechjeb handle transefering you to another solar system?

From my own tests (3 nonstop hours so far), no and yes.

Stars do not use many resources as they are probably the celestial bodies with less textures in the game.

As for MJ, you can use Hohmann Transfer for interstellar space though it might not be extremly precise unless you generate the node less than 5-10 days before it has to be executed (just like with any other hohmann transfer)

How do I add planets to these stars? I have sucessfully added my stars in, but all of my planets are nonexistent.

I tried sticking some planetfactory planets around the new stars - something was incorrect, the result was that niether planetfactory's planets nor the new stars loaded [ie the only bodies were the default planets]

I tried sticking some planetfactory planets around the new stars - something was incorrect, the result was that niether planetfactory's planets nor the new stars loaded [ie the only bodies were the default planets]

Exact same thing happened with me.

just got the new version and I think it's safe to say that there is a 50% chance that whenever I go to warp the universe dies.

So i'd say there is still a conflict between the mod and KSPI

Would you care to elaborate? what happened, version etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Done it, the planet is effectively a clone from my planet pack.

http://i.imgur.com/k9grxxZ.png

Nice :D and good looking planet I might add.

Awesome! I'm using PFCE and Interstellar to make other systems, but PFCE's star was not that good(no light, no solar panel, etc) and mod author's gone.. Now I have this mod!

Also, I'm looking forward to planet creating feature! (Even I know it will take long time)

Anyway, here's a minor imcompatibility report:

I'm running KSP 0.23.5, and this mod seems to be compatible with 0.23.5. But It seems it's not compatible with Real Solar System. If I put RSS and this mod together, the gravity of Kerbin seems to disappear(all objects in orbit go straight), and new-launched vehicles are not spawned on launchpad but on somewhere in space (everytime I launch, spawning area differs) with light speed.

RSS 0.24 is not released so it's not certain if it will be incompatible in 0.24 version too... so I wish you to take a look at this problem only if you're not busy.

(I'm not an English speaker, so ignore grammar please)

Yeah, RSS migth cause some problems as its messing with the same parameters as I am :P