[WIP][0.24] Part cost scaler

Crush

I found career mode with cost too easy for me as a KSP veteran. Even when I played iron-man (no loading, no reverting flights) I never even got close to not having enough cash. So I decided to make it a bit more challenging by writing a little program which edits all the part.cfg files and increases (or decreases) all part costs by a given factor. It comments out the old value and uses that value when run again, so the change is reversible.

The program works great for me, but in its current state it isn't usable for anyone else. The program is command-line based, the path to the KSP directory is hardcoded to my install directory and the cost factor is also hardcoded. To make it usable for someone else I would have to build a proper GUI for it, which would be much more work than writing the functionality itself.

• Does such a tool already exist?
  • Is there interest in such a tool?
  • Is there anyone else who is currently making one?

When the answers are no, yes and no, I might make it end-user ready and offer it for download.

Edited by Crush

With a newer version of ModuleManager a simple config should allow you to do this.

@PART[*]:FINAL
{
@cost *= 1.5
}

This would increase the cost of all parts with a cost value by %50.

Edit: Was curious if it would work and can confirm that it works.

Edited by sirklick
Minor code change.

With a newer version of ModuleManager a simple config should allow you to do this.

@PART[*]:FINAL
{
@cost *= 1.5
}

This would increase the cost of all parts with a cost value by %50.

Edit: Was curious if it would work and can confirm that it works.

This was basically the first thing I did with .24, works great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.