Unable to clean science equipment using Mobile Processing Lab

I have docked a lander to a space station that has a Mobile Processing Lab. I removed data from Goo Canisters and Materials Bays that are part of the lander.

I am now unable to clean the Canisters and Materials Bays. The Lab is fully manned with 2 Kerbals. Neither of the command modules (the one for the space station or the one for the lander) are manned, is this the problem? Do the command modules for either one (or both) need to be manned? Or is there something that I'm just not clicking properly?

I believe there is a limit to the number of parts you can have between the Mobile Lab and the experiment you want to clean. It's a reasonably large number (more than 5 or 6 anyway), but it could be that if your Mobile Lab is too far from where your lander is docked, you won't be able to clean the experiments even with all other conditions satisfied. So yeah, screenshots would help.

There's another thread on this same topic where the guy couldn't clean the experiment because he hadn't yet removed the data from it. Have you done that?

Anyway, to put a screenshot in a post, 1st you must upload the pic somewhere (Imgur, Flckr, etc.), then put the link in the post surrounded by the IMG and /IMG tags, or URL /URL as the case may be.

i think you need a guy in the command module or the craft is not considered to be active. if craft is not active then the lab is inactive.

u need 3 kerbals in total, 1 in command pod 2 in the lab. Hope this helps.

No, you dont have to click the hatch. You left-click the hatch only for EVA of those kerbals inside the lab.

To clean your experiments, you must have 2 kerbals inside the lab. Then right-click the lab and select "Clean experiments" from the context menue. It requires time and electricity to do so. Progress can be monitored in the appearing dialogue.

• 3 weeks later...
i think you need a guy in the command module or the craft is not considered to be active. if craft is not active then the lab is inactive.

I can confirm this strange behaviour. Another way to deal with this situation is to add an unmanned command module to the ship.

So it is not enought to have two kerbals in the Mobile Processing Lab.

I have a similar issue.

I had Jeb bring the experiment from the Goo container to the Science lab. Now the Goo container is inoperative. Same story with the Materials bay. So, can someone explain to me HOW I can process these experiments in the Science Lab, store them there AND reset the Goo- & Materials Bay? All preferably without transmitting data.

I have a similar issue.

I had Jeb bring the experiment from the Goo container to the Science lab. Now the Goo container is inoperative. Same story with the Materials bay. So, can someone explain to me HOW I can process these experiments in the Science Lab, store them there AND reset the Goo- & Materials Bay? All preferably without transmitting data.

1) EVA Kerbal gets close to each experiment, right-click on experiment, and take/collect it.

2) EVA Kerbal gets close to processing lab, right-click on lab, and store all collected experiments.

3) EVA Kerbal can now go back inside

4) Processing lab must contain 2 Kerbals to operate.

5) Right-click on lab and process experiments

6) Right-click on lab and clean experiments

7) Done

As mentioned above, the station/ship with the lab must be considered "active", so needs either a Kerbal sat in a command seat (the lab doesn't count), or a remote command unit of some sort.

Edit: Oh yeah. and the lab can be heavy-ish on power needs, so at least one 4k battery is strongly recommended, plus suitable means to recharge.

1) EVA Kerbal gets close to each experiment, right-click on experiment, and take/collect it.

2) EVA Kerbal gets close to processing lab, right-click on lab, and store all collected experiments.

3) EVA Kerbal can now go back inside

4) Processing lab must contain 2 Kerbals to operate.

5) Right-click on lab and process experiments

6) Right-click on lab and clean experiments

7) Done

As mentioned above, the station/ship with the lab must be considered "active", so needs either a Kerbal sat in a command seat (the lab doesn't count), or a remote command unit of some sort.

Edit: Oh yeah. and the lab can be heavy-ish on power needs, so at least one 4k battery is strongly recommended, plus suitable means to recharge.

AH, didn't find the 'clean experiments' button on the lab. All other requirements are met. Thanks a lot!

Or have a probe core on the ship somewhere, along with the 2 kerbals in the lab. If the ship cannot be controlled, the lab cannot function.

Or have a probe core on the ship somewhere, along with the 2 kerbals in the lab. If the ship cannot be controlled, the lab cannot function.

These days I stick a probe core on absolutely everything, even if it's designed to fly manned. It's just too useful to be able to fly them as drones when needed. Saves wear and tear on your Kerbals when testing new craft, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.