What Is Your Finanical Status?

NASAFanboy

Over 10M Funds currently, most exploration missions done (except Moho, Dres and Eeloo) in 2 days. It won't be that difficult to overflow the counter if you play one save for a longer time. The monoprop engines helps immensely - the smallest probe core, some instruments, the largest monoprop tank and four of these engines and you have 4k dV and well over 1 TWR :confused:

Edited by theend3r

I switched to it, everything that was not the UI went black, so I saved and quit and when I came back the probe was just gone.

When that happens, do not save. Instead alt+tab and kill your game from the task explorer - so it won't manage to save anyhting. When you reload, there is a chance, that your ship will be ok. If not, try again untill it loads properly.

BTW little update for my last post: actually I have one million, not ten millions... I was far away from my gaming PC and my memory served me wrong :P Also I spent about 150k on Eve mission (with Gilly crewed lander, eve robotic lander and SCANSat satellite) which failed at first time - wobbling on last lifter stage caused the ship to spin (the crew was recovered but unable to reach orbit). Second launch, with few additional struts went fine. Anyway if I didn't use "return to assembly building", this would cost me total 300k for two launches - 25k from recovering last of the lifter on second launch = 275k. Which is more than 25% of my funds and starts getting risky. Few more mistakes like this and I'm doomed.

Definitely my next career save will be "ironman" - no quicksaves, no reverting flights. This is going to be fun^^

Over 10M Funds currently, most exploration missions done (except Moho, Dres and Eeloo) in 2 days. It won't be that difficult to overflow the counter if you play one save for a longer time. The monoprop engines helps immensely - the smallest probe core, some instruments, the largest monoprop tank and four of these engines and you have 4k dV and well over 1 TWR :confused:

How are they better than the 48-7S who has better ISP, the monoprop engines is nice for tugs and other stuff who need rcs anyway.

Well, I'm a weird case, since I picked a career save from 0.23.5 full to the brim with pre-existing craft and a maxed out tree. And then I used it mostly to test new designs, so that takes a lot of money and gives little of it back (liberal use of "revert to hangar" when I find bugs on the builds, of course, but if they make th first kilometer I accept the consequences of launch). In the end, though, a couple of rescues and flag-planting in my bases, a lot of SSTO's or and/or reusable multistage thingies, and I am sitting at around 6-700k comfortably, pending a new contract accepting fest. One of these days, though I'm getting serious and making my first million. Still, the kraken is feasting on my main kerbin station, so I'm quite stuck at the moment seeing nullreferences everywhere when I go to it... rescuing the kerbals inside is going to be tricky, and I'm going to lose about 4 orange tanks worth of fuel, since it is a save-braking bug (everytime I go next to it, I break a save).

Rune. The joys of alpha!

Rune. My shuttle costs about 43K+payload per flight, I can say that.

I do a mixture of Science and Career, Therefore my funds are always sitting closely to a million. You can't always work for someone else! Just Make sure you take missions that are oriented around what planet you're headed to, that way you always have some cash lying around. :)

About 750,000 had to go away for the weekend. Ive been keeping launches limited to serving the contract but I already stopped doing most part testing missions since they need to be staged at that point, not just in use. Might still do them for science though. Been taking my time with it so I dont max the tech tree right away. When I do Im going to start doing my own missions to burn money and do contracts when i run short.

One thing to question here, all you guys with over 1 mil so fast, you are clearly veterans - do you revert failed launches?

Do you even have failed launches? Something a beginner would have a lot of.

Also if it's so easy, why not add some mods to spice things up?

I added Deadly Re-entry, life support mod and the Engine ISP difficulty adjustment - WOW it's tough with all that - much more fun.

Added to that I did no reverting, and by about mission 5 I was dead. Not enough cash to make a launch that would earn enough cash to carry on.

I was basically needing a 20k+ rocket just to 'almost' make orbit (and I didn't even make orbit!) - fun times.

My last attempt I threw all my cash at it to try to make it up there and still failed.

I'm now trying it minus the Engine ISP difficulty and finding things a bit nicer - I think that was a step too far for me :)

I revert when I do something stupid like forget solar panels on a probe with no batteries or quickload when a Kraken kills my EVA Kerbal. Really i try to limit myself to when its a "That shouldnt happen" moment. Aside from those times I only reverted once when I did something really stupid during a rescue landing and i landed on the side of the mountain because i fired my engines to slow me since i had fuel left.

When something happens on the way to orbit, I revert (and assume it was just a simulation)

If there is something in later stages of the flight I usually don´t (and usually can´t as, for flight durations of multiple hours, I normally return to KSC and start shorter mission to fill the time in-between, so that the longer missions become irrevertible from this point on)

4millions on day 100, i didn't revert my failed testing rockets, so, yes... 4 mil with failed launches, kerbals under Mun's crust and financial penalties for failed contracts (oops, didn't test the nukes at the right moment... But got to eve !, well, still not at Eve TBH. Non optimal transfers take forever).

Both Eve and Duna missions are still not arrived.

6.5 Million, haven't even finished the Explore Mun contract yet - Jeb crashed there and has no antenna, so the only way to complete the contract (other than sending another mission there) is to rescue him. He's been planting flags and taking them back down for money. My rescue ship is in Mun orbit, waiting for Jeb to be on the day side again, which should be in one Kerbin day, on Day 13. It also tested the Mainsail in Mun orbit, and will test the Rockomax decoupler landed on Mun.

I've been taking a lot of test part contracts, and cramming them together into strange ships, and occasionally fitting them to rocket-assisted rovers for splash-down tests. The rovers can drive back to the runway to be recovered for all the money, and I try to parachute any tester ship that didn't need to go to orbit onto the runway as well. It's a bigger target than the launchpad, and still 100% recovery rate. Haven't perfected my deorbit-back-to-KSC, though.

Rescue missions, flag-planters and data transmissions from my LKO satellites are my main moneymakers. I recently put 100,000 funds of science equipment modules and an ion tug into orbit, and managed to turn a profit on the mission by testing two attached engines and doing a rescue mission with the additional payload on the nose.

400 000

, but I'm right after redirecting a large asteroids to the orbit of Kerbin, so I'm kinda broke - this was way too expensive and over-engineered mission, as I never have done asteroid redirects before. Now I have a beautiful plan of building a space station around that asteroid ^_^.

I also have 3 satellites (inc. one around minimus) and done a landing mission on a both moons.

I'm at about 7M on day 50ish. I've played a lot of KSP though (~300 hours played, despite this being the first forum post) and have mastered most aspects of the game, so I can't really say if the funding level is right for a more normal player. I started out very conservative with my funds, assuming that I'd be pinched for budget later on, so I would build as efficient as I could, grouping together multiple contracts in a single mission, and attempting to recover as much of the craft as I could. I've since stopped worrying as much, but I still like to pretend budget matters and treat the funds total as a sort of 'game score' amount now. I do revert flights sometimes, but not very often as I tend to triple check before launch and make use of assemblies and saved crafts to build on previously proven designs. If I didn't revert flights, I would still easily have over 6M.

I do like how budget changes craft design. I actually used solid state boosters at lot before researching some of the big engines and I had never really used them before. Similarly, I've focused a lot more on efficiency and being enticed in that direction has added more depth to construction. I really like where things are headed.

I'm only using information and planning mods currently with no new parts. I could see the excess funds being great fodder for high end modded parts, but I won't touch that until after I've gone through the main quest contracts. It would be useful to be able to drop some millions in order to save on interplanatary refueling missions... I haven't looked at Kethane mod in a while. If that has some high prices attached, it would be a perfect fund sink.

Hi,

Sounds like at least cut the funds in half seems as there is enuf funds with repeat missions available; I will go with that maybe even 3x but not 6 ! I want to have fun too ! I will report in later.

Cmdr Zeta

4.2 Million +/-. I'm just finishing up the Tech tree with a few Minmus missions. Since I revert failed missions that crash at launch, money has never been an issue. I'm trying a new career with the no quicksave, no revert to launch options. It'll either make me really conservative, or I'll be spending more. Time will tell.

As long as you can pump corporate sponsors for infinite funds by planting flags, money should never be a problem:

PxWdc8xl.png

I feel like these flags should have Red Bull, Coca-Cola, and McDonalds logos on them... they pay ole' Harlong ~$70000 every time she moseys out of the lander and slaps down a new flag. Originally sent to conduct a detailed science survey of the Mun's Northwest crater, her full time job now is playing Snake on the nav computer while she waits for the next flag contract.

Edited by DasValdez
formatting

Nearly 100 contracts completed, recently finished the tech tree and somewhat over 6 million funds here. Spent a lot of time playing around with part testing contracts though - have only actually been to the Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike. :)

Proud to say not a single failed or cancelled contract though, and I clicked "accept" on every single one that came my way. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.