Taking a break from this bugged game

CaelumEtAstra

[RAGEQUIT] The .24 update has brought around many changes, which is ok. Unless some of those changes include MASSIVE amounts of incompatibility with mods and plenty of game breaking bugs. :huh: IVE HAD IT, GOODBYE, WILL BE BACK THOUGH.

(I know this game is still in "alpha", but that doesn't mean there is no excuse for the bugs!)

MrSS8 OUT! :mad: [/RAGEQUIT]

Pretty sure most updates have incompatibility issues with mods, .24 is one of them. Never had any game breaking bugs yet. My .23.5 save works fine, abit that it needed fine tuning with the funds and such. It would help us if you told your bugs to us.

Version 0.24 with it's 64 bit was bond to cause many many problems and it is probably the biggest change the game has gone through in one update.

Both my modded 32 and 64 bit games are unplayable right now, so I'll wait a week or two and try again. Many of the bugs(more likely compatibility issues with mods) are just unknown until you release it to the general public.

I, on the other hand, am absolutely loving this update.

I think the mods have caught up faster this time than any previous time that I've been using mods for, save 0.23 to 0.23.5, which was very small.

Not sure why we needed to know you couldn't handle change.

Bonus: I've yet to run into a bug.

There are some contracts that are impossible to fulfill, but that's just realistic.

EDIT:

Wait, being Alpha isn't an excuse for bugs? That's hilarious.

For two reasons:

1) This isn't alpha anymore, they took that branding off.

2) When KSP was alpha, it was the most stable bug-free Alpha I'd ever played.

Edited by Bobnova

[RAGEQUIT] The .24 update has brought around many changes, which is ok. Unless some of those changes include MASSIVE amounts of incompatibility with mods and plenty of game breaking bugs. :huh: IVE HAD IT, GOODBYE, WILL BE BACK THOUGH.

(I know this game is still in "alpha", but that doesn't mean there is no excuse for the bugs!)

>PLAYING WITH MODS

>GETTING THIS MAD

be stock bro, its the only way. game is running perfect for me

Ow some mods dont work, and you going rage mode...

What part of "Game is under Heavy Development" you didnt understand..

And mods dont work... ermm. Rage to the modders...

Want a smooth none buggy gameplay, play stock, or wait a couple of weeks so modders have time to change their mods to the new update..

Raging here... well just makes you look kinda riduculous.

Edited by Arran

I dont understand how people can apparently "know the game is alpha" yet not understand what that means. Every release is always going to break mods. You have to play stock or wait for them to be updated. Plus there is always going to be bugs in an unfinished game, many more than a released game. I just dont understand how people like the OP dont understand and especially when it is clearly explained in multiple source what an alpha, early release, beta game are. They really should know not to buy something till its down if this is how they are going to react to updates.

[RAGEQUIT] The .24 update has brought around many changes, which is ok. Unless some of those changes include MASSIVE amounts of incompatibility with mods

*facepalm*

and plenty of game breaking bugs.

Understandable, but you gave us no examples of stock game-breaking bugs whatsoever.

Ehhh... I slightly disagree with you, as bugs will happen, especially if you're playing with mods made for 0.23.5, not 0.24.

1) Only use MODS which have been explicitly updated and stated to be compatible with the new version.

2) What game-breaking bugs? If there are any (in the stock game), raise bug reports to Squad. If the bug is in a MOD, -and- the MOD claims to be 0.24 compatible, raise a bug-report with the MOD author. Running off in a huff doesn't help anybody.

3) There will -always- be bugs in any piece of software; the more complex, the more bugs. Especially in software which doesn't even have a stable release yet! Obvious bugs can be quickly reproduced and fixed, non-obvious ones take longer to track down. And no matter how big your QA team is, once released, the general public (en-masse, not individually) has -massively- more resources to find bugs in a piece of software. Having said that, KSP is remarkably stable and functional (at least in my experience, using Linux).

So just chillax..

There are some contracts that are impossible to fulfill, but that's just realistic.

Wait, there are impossible contracts? Any examples? I haven't seen any so far, but that might be because I'm mostly focused on finishing the tech tree WITHOUT doing much exploration.

Ehhh... I slightly disagree with you, as bugs will happen, especially if you're playing with mods made for 0.23.5, not 0.24.

Yeah, I'm surprised anybody would try a [0.23.x] mod on 0.24 at all without the expectation of glitches or breakage.

Given that you can have multiple installations of KSP thanks to it's DRM-free, clean install design, if someone doesn't want to lose saves/lose mods etc, they can still play 0.23.5 alongside 0.24... the original poster is insane (or trolling?)~

Can't really expect the developers to make sure an alpha release is going to be fully compatible with mods designed for the previous version. Specifically when going from 32 to 64 bit programs.

I'm running a hand full of mods that have been updated. Other than some strange contracts (none of them impossible I think), and small quirks related to mods, my game is solid.

Lets be honest here. You're running a modded game, and I suspect at least some of those mods haven't been updated. Yet you rage quit and blast the developers because your game doesn't work? Maybe you should calm down and bit and come back to reality. List out your mods (and their versions), and the bugs you're encountering. There are some very helpful people that are willing help. If you are content to yell that it's unfair, and blast the community and developers. Well... Please don't come back, you're wasting the time of those who want to help.

Edited by Beachernaut

Step 1. Install mods that need to be updated with each release.

Step 2. Download Release

Step 3. Throw Tantrum

Step 4. Post on message board with misdirected anger.

I will keep this in mind for 0.25

Wait, there are impossible contracts? Any examples? I haven't seen any so far, but that might be because I'm mostly focused on finishing the tech tree WITHOUT doing much exploration.

There have been a couple people that posted screenshots of contracts to test launch clamps while landed on Mun.

Difficult :D

Mods are NOT developed by the Squad Dev team so....

...OF COURSE they won't be compatible with new releases of KSP!

And those game breaking "bugs" are probably being caused by all the incompatible mods you're running so....

What might be cool is if Squad gave the press release versions to modders as well, so that if they wanted they could get a head start on updating their mods.

What might be cool is if Squad gave the press release versions to modders as well, so that if they wanted they could get a head start on updating their mods.

A lot of modders and youtubes do get early access to new versions of the game.

Problem is, I could just start making a mod and put very little to no effort into it and claim that I'm a modder, so that entitles me to the press release(s). Where do they draw the line? Only famous and well-known modders get the press release(s)? Or everybody and their brother that claim to be modders? Plus, I would assume code would be changed between press release and public release, possibly making all work that a modder's done on their mod useless because of code changes

I, on the other hand, am absolutely loving this update.

I think the mods have caught up faster this time than any previous time that I've been using mods for, save 0.23 to 0.23.5, which was very small.

Me too! Even though KSP is still in alpha, and that it may have bugs, I put many hours of my life into playing it and definitely got my money's worth out of it (I can't believe it took me this long to make a forum account!).

i only had one issue where a rover platform i made clipped into them mun, and then a physics glitch happened, and it threw the platform into the sky and it landed on my heavy rover, and destroyed 3 of its 12 wheels :(

Dude, what part of "early access", "alpha", and "mod" do you not understand? Until Squad says KSP is a "finished product" and starts working on KSP 2, you should EXPECT fundamental changes with each update. So never get too attached to your ongoing games, because there's no guarantee at all they'll work after the next update. That said, Squad does try hard to avoid breaking older saved games. 0.24 does not by itself break old saves; we haven't had that happen in the last few updates. So don't blame Squad or KSP for your problems.

HOWEVER, updates DO usually break most mods. That's not Squad's fault, nor anybody's actually, it's just the way things go, because modders don't work for Squad so can't make their changes until after the game update comes out. Thus, there's always a period immediately after a game update where most mods you were using before simply don't work anymore. But within a week to a month, most of them will be updated to work with the new game version. Some won't be updated because those modders have lost interest, had real life issues, or whatever, so those mods will never be of use again unless somebody decides to take them over. And some of the mods that DO get updated will introduce game-breaking changes of their own which the individual modder felt was necessary for continued development of the mod. But none of that is Squad's or KSP's fault.

So the bottom line is this:

If you play stock, you're reasonably safe from updates totally breaking your game. It happens occasionally but isn't expected. If you use mods, you're ALWAYS at fairly significant risk of save-breaking updates, and this risk is greater the more mods you use, because this increases the chances of some of them being abandoned and others making game-breaking changes.

So as I said, never get too attached to your ongoing game. Until the base game becomes a "final product", nothing is truly safe, and heavily modded games are pretty much doomed at the next update. Just understand that this is how life is in an "early access" game and be thankfulthe game is actually still being updated instead of them taking our money and then abandoning development. The world is FULL of early access games that died young; KSP is a rare exception.

But if you still want to ragequit, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

There have been a couple people that posted screenshots of contracts to test launch clamps while landed on Mun.

Difficult :D

Although I'm not involved in a space program, this accurately reflects the type of contract that often comes my way in some areas. I will refer to this as a realism feature :)

Edited by technion

I haven't experienced many bugs at all, may you care to explain?

And you should expect this, as you said, this game is in alpha and an update just came out. Most mods are already updated/updating to 0.24