Taking a break from this bugged game

CaelumEtAstra

Or, if I've misread something, do you think you might give just one example of... any software without bugs.

See:

the last three versions of the program  each 420,000 lines long-had just one error each. The last 11 versions of this software had a total of 17 errors.

That's talking about NASA software for the space shuttle. For any non-trivial program, you're not going to find anything better.

That's talking about NASA software for the space shuttle...

That's pretty interesting, do you have a link. Although 420,000 lines of code is a fairly small application claiming only "one" error in that is quite impressive (unless the error is "it doesn't work"!)

I'm just waiting patiently for mods to update, as you should be too. Just don't update and continue playing your previous save, or go occupy yourself doing something else.

Can we have this thread locked?

If incompatibilities with mods as well as bugs tick you off, you shouldn´t update KSP to a new version till maybe 2-3 weeks after the release of the update.

This allows you to go to the new version at a time when most mods have been updated to the new version and the biggest bugs (hopefully) have been squished.

But I can only repeat others ... also in my game I haven´t found any gamebreaking bugs (only a minor one about calculation of worth for recovered parts) and most important mods already have been updated for 0.24, so I consider any whining about this as baseless ;)

That's pretty interesting, do you have a link. Although 420,000 lines of code is a fairly small application claiming only "one" error in that is quite impressive (unless the error is "it doesn't work"!)

I don't have a link, but you can find it pretty easily via google.

I don't have a link, but you can find it pretty easily via google.

Ooh, yes it was, I was expecting the quote to be obscure. For anyone else looking - http://www.fastcompany.com/28121/they-write-right-stuff.

Every other reference I found linked back to this directly or indirectly, which is a pity because it explains absolutely nothing :-(

It suggests any similar-length code would have 5,000 errors - I assume 1%, ~4.5 so certainly wouldn't quibble about that.

But how do/did they know there was just ONE left in their code?

What was it?

Why didn't they fix it?

Ultimately - and again unfortunately - all the article really says is that if you spend the world's biggest software budget on the world's most time-consuming project but can keep it on track you'll eventually track down most of the problems. IF you know about them, that 'one' really bugs me - pun intended.

Dude, what part of "early access", "alpha", and "mod" do you not understand?

Honestly you can drop the Early access and Alpha and its still true.

There are plenty of fully released games with a heavy modding capability where a game updates breaks mods. Why? Because it's not the developers job to ensure that their updates are always backwards compatible with every mod written.

Stop using incompatible mods then, problem solved.

There is no game breaking bugs that i have noticed, played a lot lately and like A TON OF 0.24 time atm under my belt.

So perhaps these Game breaking bugs are either not game breaking or they r happening due to your mods that are not compatible with this release (yet).