[DEVTHREAD] Deep Space Exploration Vessels

Keep pulsed plasma mode?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Keep pulsed plasma mode?

• Yes, I use it
    • No, I don't use it

i think you spin rotor may be bugged, in the modded support forum i have a post and apparently, according to salvager and ferram, its your spinrotor that is causing problems. apparently. and other stuff too, just letting you know.

i think you spin rotor may be bugged, in the modded support forum i have a post and apparently, according to salvager and ferram, its your spinrotor that is causing problems. apparently. and other stuff too, just letting you know.

The hub uses Infernal Robotics, so if there's an issue, you might want to report it there. :)

Get the latest here!

- Fixed an issue with the hex adapter that let you change the size and style outside of the VAB/SPH.

- The 3.75m docking ring now properly responds to the Control From Here command.

- The HexPort now properly responds to the Control From Here command.

- Both the HexPort and the 3.75m docking ring will now be recognized MechJeb after selecting Control From Here on the docking ports.

Side Note: I'm happy to report that after a long development period, DSEV is finally ready for 1.0! It's been a long time coming and I was waiting for KSP 1.1, but I decided that KSP 1.1 is a ways off and it was time to release DSEV. Thank you all for your valuable feedback and suggestions during the mod's development. I look forward to our continued discussions. :)

The release thread can be found here.

I'm having a hard time getting this mod running. I've removed all other mods, in order to rule out conflicts. I copied the WildBlueIndustries folder into GameData as instructed. I typically run 10-15 mods which I manually copy into GameData, so I'm fairly sure I'm not doing anything wrong on that side.. I noticed other folders in the zip file, but no mention of what to do with them. Are they dependencies? Are there other dependencies other than Infernal Robotics?

I have only DSEV and Infernal Robotics in my gamedata folder at the moment (and Squad of course) and it's still freezing during loading at the same point, loading the AJ5ArcJetEngine. It actually doesn't freeze, the little "flavor text" over the loading bar keeps changing, but it never fully loads.

Any ideas? Thanks.

(edit: did a complete uninstall and deletion of the game directory, and after reinstalling, same issue)

Updating with image:

CFpHgXL.png

Edited by Nahku

I'm having a hard time getting this mod running. I've removed all other mods, in order to rule out conflicts. I copied the WildBlueIndustries folder into GameData as instructed. I typically run 10-15 mods which I manually copy into GameData, so I'm fairly sure I'm not doing anything wrong on that side.. I noticed other folders in the zip file, but no mention of what to do with them. Are they dependencies? Are there other dependencies other than Infernal Robotics?

I have only DSEV and Infernal Robotics in my gamedata folder at the moment (and Squad of course) and it's still freezing during loading at the same point, loading the AJ5ArcJetEngine. It actually doesn't freeze, the little "flavor text" over the loading bar keeps changing, but it never fully loads.

Any ideas? Thanks.

(edit: did a complete uninstall and deletion of the game directory, and after reinstalling, same issue)

Updating with image:

http://i.imgur.com/CFpHgXL.png

Did you install from GitHub?

Did you install from GitHub?

Yes, I grabbed the most recent DSEV_1_0_3.zip from https://github.com/Angel-125/DSEV/releases

(edit: just tried again with no luck. Am I supposed to do anything with the "Squad" or "CommunityResourcePack" folders in the zip file? Installation instructions only says: "Copy the WildBlueIndustries directory into your GameData folder.")

Edited by Nahku
more info

Yes, I grabbed the most recent DSEV_1_0_3.zip from https://github.com/Angel-125/DSEV/releases

(edit: just tried again with no luck. Am I supposed to do anything with the "Squad" or "CommunityResourcePack" folders in the zip file? Installation instructions only says: "Copy the WildBlueIndustries directory into your GameData folder.")

I think you need to copy the CommunityResourcePack into the GameData folder and also the stuff in the Squad directory in the appropriate Squad subdirectory. Also the ModuleManager files into the GameData, basically just copy everything from the GameData in the DSEV_1_0_3.zip into the GameData folder.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed a typo in the Supernova's config file, the pulsed fusion mode has an ISP of 25,000 instead of what the picture advertises (60,000).

Also, is it just me or whenever the Supernova is upgraded the part flies off despite still being attached. Though I'm still having trouble with upgrading it, it just says "insufficient resources" when everything's there, so I have to edit it in the save file.

Edited by Astronut25
the word "upgrading" disappeared

• 2 months later...

In sandbox mode I just cannot get the Supernova to upgrade. I just keep getting the "Insufficient resources to upgrade the engine." message, even though I supply the rocket parts. Of course I can't supply 600 science because sandbox doesn't use science. I just open the menu, click the button and the rocket parts get used up but the message still pops up.

Any help here... I've tried searching but can't find anything on this problem so it's got to be something I've done wrong but for the life of me I cannot figure this out!

On 24.7.2014 at 3:20 PM, Porkjet said:

because once its there you can go anywhere you want, even to other stars.

totally your opinion,just as is the reality of today's space from .. everything else is still science fiction .. while we still use combustion-drive technologies, we make no real quantum leap. .. But hey in KSP we can implement everything might come once in 100 years .. maybe :)

cheers

• 3 months later...