Fixed Decoupler for KSP x64 on Windows - v4 - (July 22)

sarbian

I updated the zip with Toadicus .cfg fix (thanks again).

Don't blame squad for that bug, it's most likely a Unity bug and they can't do much about that.

For Procedural Decouplers I ll try to get in touch with e-dog and see if I can do a fix, but know that I m quite busy IRL this week so no promise.

the bug (as far as I can tell) is that you can to a decouple and apply force to a part in the same physic frame (at the same time if it makes more sens to you). My decoupler wait 1 frame (about 0.04 seconds) to apply the forces

Would it be possible to apply this fix to the original squad decoupler code instead of the MM patch and .dll? It would make .craft loading easier. If this is a dumb question feel free to let me know :)

Just a heads up, this is super incompatible with TweakableEverything, so don't use the two together.
All: the issue with TweakableEverything should be fixed by removing the ":FOR[DecoupleForX64]" from the @PART lines in DecoupleForX64.cfg and changing the decouplerModuleName for stack decouplers. ModuleManager doesn't allow multiple pass declarations and just uses the first; by saying ":FOR[DecoupleForX64]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]", the patch applies during the ":FOR[DecoupleForX64]" pass, long before the TweakableEverything pass. Also, the DecoupleForX64 cfg mistakenly used ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64 for the ModuleDecoupleX64 decouplerModuleName; just a copypasta mistake.

TE and DFX64 should play nicely with this cfg:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
@name = ModuleDecoupleX64
}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDecouple]
{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleDecoupleX64
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]
{
@name = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
}

{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
}
}

Don't forget to read the previous posts.

Most of the time this plugin works fine, but sometimes is no ejection force applied (seems random). I just updated to v3 now, so this expirience was from the first version. Duno if it's fixed now.

I'm sorry to ask this but: Did you test v3 before updating to it?

Because v2 worked very well for me, but since I updated to v3 they stopped applying ejection force again.

EDIT: I just tested it on a vanilla KSP x64 install on Win7 x64, v2 works, while v3 doesn't seem to change anything. I guess the plugin is the same? Maybe a typo in the MM file?

BTW, the logs don't mention anything.

EDIT2: I just tried changing the module name of the TR-18A Stack Decoupler manually in the part.cfg to "ModuleDecoupleX64".

Turns out it worked, the mentioned decoupler applied force, while other decoupler still did not. SO it MUST be a problem in the new MM file, your module still works fine.

Before you ask: I use Module Manager v2.2.0.

Edited by BigNose

After installing v3 I was launching a craft made of mostly HGR parts but using stock radial decouplers. The radial decouplers don't seem to work. The HGR stack decouplers worked fine. On an all stock-craft the radial decouplers worked as well.

I had no issues on v2. Anyone know of a quick fix? I have science to do :P

I've dropped ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll in the GameData folder.

In GameData I've got the DecoupleForX64 folder containing both DecoupleForX64.cfg and DecoupleForX64.dll.

NOTHING HAPPENS!

ModuleManager doesn't work and the decouplers still flounder. ;.;

I've dropped ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll in the GameData folder.

In GameData I've got the DecoupleForX64 folder containing both DecoupleForX64.cfg and DecoupleForX64.dll.

NOTHING HAPPENS!

ModuleManager doesn't work and the decouplers still flounder. ;.;

Are you loading a craft file saved before you installed DecoupleForX64? If so, it won't work. You'll need to rebuild the craft by hand, or at least remove and replace the decouplers.

Let me tell you about a magic tool that helps us dev understand what is going on in your fine computers.

Inside KSP there is a main elf whose sole job is to look at what is going on and write it down.

Each time he ear one of his fellow elf shouting he write it down in his big book

And with that book a dev tries to understand why the elf can't work as they should.

That book is called a log. And no fine elf is going to deliver it to me unless you post it somewhere.

New craft, old craft. It's all the same since ModuleManager does NOTHING with the provided files.

If on load you are getting a fine little white text under the loading bar, stating MM changes - then MM is working. If this text does not appear it simply means you are not doing something correctly. The fix works just fine.

the patched MM file toadicus posted appears to only work if you *do* have TweakableEverything.

Can we get exception for Stability Enhancers in next hotfix patch to MM config? Or can someone tell me how to do exception in config file (Do i have to use some "!", etc?). Because right now in v0.2 using engines and stability enhancers in same stage doesn't work.

Can we get exception for Stability Enhancers in next hotfix patch to MM config? Or can someone tell me how to do exception in config file (Do i have to use some "!", etc?). Because right now in v0.2 using engines and stability enhancers in same stage doesn't work.

Launch clamps don't use ModuleDecouple or ModuleAnchoredDecoupler, so they are not modified by this mod.

Launch clamps don't use ModuleDecouple or ModuleAnchoredDecoupler, so they are not modified by this mod.

You are right, strange, i was almost sure clamps worked fine in x64. I will test it without this fix again.

New MM patch:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:FOR[DecoupleForX64]:NEEDS[!TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]]:FOR[DecoupleForX64]:NEEDS[!TweakableEverything]
{
{
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
}

{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleDecoupleX64
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[TweakableEverything]
{
{
}

{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
}
}

This adds two patches that will not try to change TweakableEverything modules if TweakableEverything is not installed.

the patched MM file toadicus posted appears to only work if you *do* have TweakableEverything.

Then perhaps it's a good idea to actually tell people this and add it to the first post. Not for me but for others. I've already solved all my issues by upgrading back to 32bit. Too many bugs. And a crash every 5 to 20 minutes doesn't help either.

just using :FINAL seems to work in ksp 0.24 stock. 11 patches, 0 hidden. Anyone tried this with things like fairings? Not sure how KW works, but procedural seems to use its own module. Gonna mess around with it a bit now...... wish me luck :P

Neither module works as a replacement or addition to the fairing parts. Shame. I figured this would be something that would be solved by squad......

Edited by INSULINt
update on fairing testing

Then perhaps it's a good idea to actually tell people this and add it to the first post. Not for me but for others. I've already solved all my issues by upgrading back to 32bit. Too many bugs. And a crash every 5 to 20 minutes doesn't help either.

I just did the same.

But te decouplers worked fine from the first moment i installed this fix.

Just again Sarbian the ulimate mod writer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.