Fixed Decoupler for KSP x64 on Windows - v4 - (July 22)

sarbian

It isn't that decouplers don't work at all, it's that they have zero ejection force. It's possible you haven't noticed it, since if you're decoupling spent fuel and engines vertically with an active upper stage, they will fall away naturally and not cause any problems. With radially mounted stuff on taller, heavier rockets or anything that relies on ejection force to propel it away from the ship at least a little bit, it can cause problems and be very noticeable (when things start smashing into other things and exploding).

the patched MM file toadicus posted appears to only work if you *do* have TweakableEverything.

About that...

841686293434A217021F56C1396CF323885403A0

As well, my completely stock decouplers with the latest x64 decoupler plugin/cfg and the latest TweakableEverything simply have no tweakables.

output log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

About that...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/44226247095089724/841686293434A217021F56C1396CF323885403A0/

As well, my completely stock decouplers with the latest x64 decoupler plugin/cfg and the latest TweakableEverything simply have no tweakables.

output log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

So, while there is one little hint in your second trip to the editor that TweakableDecouplers didn't start up right, I'm going to guess that's a result of this bug. Too, you have a few other issues with your mods; ExLP (probably extraplanetry launch pads?) was screaming throughout your whole first trip through the editor, and Kethane and IR's Tweakscale library aren't playing nicely throughout.

Actually, it looks like your ExLP problem is also to do with the bug I linked to above. The evidence is here:

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableReactionWheel' with 'ModuleAGExtData'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleAGExtData' with 'ExWorkshop'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ExWorkshop' with 'ModuleTripLogger'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTripLogger' with 'FARBasicDragModel'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleAGExtData' with 'FARControlSys'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleDecoupleX64' with 'ModuleDecouple'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleStagingToggle' with 'DecouplerJointReinforcementModule'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableDecouple' with 'FARBasicDragModel'

Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableJettison' with 'FARBasicDragModel'

Basically, Squad's new attempt to "fix" misordered craft files and persistence nodes actually breaks modded installations severely.

So, while there is one little hint in your second trip to the editor that TweakableDecouplers didn't start up right, I'm going to guess that's a result of

Basically, Squad's new attempt to "fix" misordered craft files and persistence nodes actually breaks modded installations severely.

Curse their good intentions! But seriously, thanks. I just need to make new ships, which is a-ok with me.

any one got a config to apply the fix to procedural fairings ?

Procedural Farings do not use the stock decoupler modules. If the Procedural Fairings have the same no-force problem, that'll need to be addressed over there.

Unless sarbian, in his great magnaminity, wants to code up a wrapper for PFairings to fix the issue. But that's up to him; I just talk a lot. ;)

Sarbian is leaving for a nice 4 days break in the south of France tomorrow morning and need to get himself ready to leave. And that does not include witting code :)

Edited by sarbian

My decouplers are constantly displaying the ejection FX, both inside of the VAB and while launching (64 bit obviously, since that's the point of this mod / fix). Log below, and a modlist as well. I didn't close the game properly just so you know, I alt-tabbed out and closed from there. Thanks in advance :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86765036/output_log.txt

Modlist:

blizzy78 Toolbar
ActionGroupManager
AutoAsparagus
BahaSP
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Astronomer's Visual Pack
Chatterer
CrossFeedEnabler
DebRefund
This mod (obviously )
EditorExtensions
Kerbal Engineer Redux with Padishar's DLL's
EnhancedNavball
Firespitter (mod and DLL)
SafeChute
Home Grown Rockets
RasterPropMonitor
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion
Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul
CoolRockets
Special Parts (Klockheed Martian)
Space Shuttle Engines
KW Rocketry
Infernal Robotics
MechJeb 2
NathanKell's MechJeb KM Gimbal fix
ModStatistics (disabled)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator
All of the NearFuture packs
FinalFrontier
Part Angle Display
Part Catalog
ProbeControlRoom
Taurus HCV
SDHI (from GitHub master file, updated for new RealChute)
RCS Build Aid
RealChute
SCANsat
TouhouTorpedo Mk3 IVA
Sam Hall Mk2 IVA
Kerbonov pack
SmokeScreen
SpaceplanePlus
Stockalike Aeronautics
SXT
Tantares
Texture Replacer (with Oinker's skybox)
TweakableEverything
Kerbal Alarm Clock
TurboNisu stockalike parts for useful aesthetics
TweakScale
XanderTek (included with Home Grown Rockets)

You log is full of the .24 bug with modules. Wait for 24.1 (anyone who uses mods should do that)

sarbian ~ # grep 'Attempting to replace PartModule' output_log.txt
Attempting to replace PartModule 'RasterPropMonitorComputer' with 'ModuleTripLogger'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'RasterPropMonitorComputer' with 'ModuleTripLogger'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableReactionWheel' with 'RasterPropMonitorComputer'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'JSINonTransparentPod' with 'ModuleTripLogger'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableReactionWheel' with 'ModuleTripLogger'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FSplanePropellerSpinner' with 'ModuleResourceIntake'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FSengineSounds' with 'FSplanePropellerSpinner'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleResourceIntake' with 'FSengineSounds'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FScopterThrottle' with 'FStailRotorThrust'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FStailRotorThrust' with 'FSengineMenuCleaner'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableReactionWheel' with 'RasterPropMonitorComputer'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTweakableReactionWheel' with 'ModuleTripLogger'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleEngines' with 'FXModuleAnimateThrottle'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FXModuleAnimateThrottle' with 'ModuleTestSubject'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleTestSubject' with 'ModuleEnginesFX'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'TweakScale' with 'ElectricEngineThrustLimiter'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'FXModuleAnimateThrottle' with 'ModuleTestSubject'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'TweakScale' with 'ElectricEngineThrustLimiter'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64' with 'ModuleAnchoredDecoupler'
Attempting to replace PartModule 'ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64' with 'ModuleAnchoredDecoupler'

I got PF to sortof work. Since the PF decouple module doesn't include the ejection force or node vars, I tested around adding them:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]]:FOR[DecoupleForX64]:NEEDS[!TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]
{
@name = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
anchorName = anchor
ejectionForce = 260
explosiveNodeID = connect
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[TweakableEverything]
{
@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]
{
@name = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
anchorName = anchor
ejectionForce = 260
}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDecouple]
{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
}
}

It sortof works. If you eject both sides (even added WITHOUT symmetry) it doesn't do anything. It detaches, but all in one piece. Now, if you eject one side, then the other, in different stages, the whole fairing shoots off to one side.

Anyone wanna take a better stab at it?

EDIT: even if I change to "ModuleDecouplex64" and remove the anchor the fairing sides still stick together. Ejection still has force.

Edited by INSULINt

Sarbian is leaving for a nice 4 days break in the south of France tomorrow morning and need to get himself ready to leave. And that does not include witting code :)

Have Fun. Was there too. Nice places...

Btw had the same issues with v3. v2 was working - mostly - well. Testing v4 now and I'll be back with my report :D

Log for v3: http://www.file-upload.net/download-9262071/output_log.txt.html

YYYYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Spent so much time thinking I needed to REPLACE the procedural decoupler that I didn't think until after lunch that maybe I should just ADD the x64 fix as another module.

It works. It works so awesome. Im sure its too powerful or that the anchored one might work better, but this works, it works now, and I really feel the need to share it.

just add this file anywhere in GameData (I have mine in the "DecoupleForX64" folder): http://www./view/olghjzm08l8kl1p

obvs requires the fix dll and modulemanager.

or copypasta this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]]:FOR[DecoupleForX64]:NEEDS[!TweakableEverything]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecoupleX64
ejectionForce = 260
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ProceduralFairingDecoupler]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]:NEEDS[TweakableEverything]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecoupleX64
ejectionForce = 260
}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDecouple]
{
@decouplerModuleName = ModuleAnchoredDecouplerX64
}
}

Totally just glad I could stumble on the solution! The value for decouple force is the same as the tall radial stock decoupler btw. A little over powered on small stuff maybe, but even huge fairings push off, slowly.

Totally just glad I could stumble on the solution! The value for decouple force is the same as the tall radial stock decoupler btw. A little over powered on small stuff maybe, but even huge fairings push off, slowly.

Does it require Tweakable Everything?

Does it require Tweakable Everything?

acc is right, it doesn't.

I used the same format as the v4 config of this fix mod to keep things standard. Actually, I forgot to change the tweakables part of the script from the anchored to the normal module type. Not sure if it makes a difference, and it will only affect anything if you have tweakables installed. Which I don't, hence I didn't notice the typo until now :(

I was just so excited that it worked!

acc is right, it doesn't.

I used the same format as the v4 config of this fix mod to keep things standard. Actually, I forgot to change the tweakables part of the script from the anchored to the normal module type. Not sure if it makes a difference, and it will only affect anything if you have tweakables installed. Which I don't, hence I didn't notice the typo until now :(

I was just so excited that it worked!

Yeah, I should've actually taken a closer look at the code right away, it's a distinction for those who have/don't have it installed. If I'm reading it right only one of those codeblocks actually does anything depending on whether you do or don't have it, so leave it as is, especially if it works anyway!

And thanks for fixing it!

I have TweakableEverything and a bunch of other mods installed and the decouplers still don`t have any force to them sadly (tested only the stock radial ones) :(

Already tried deleting the TweakableDecouplers cfg and dll but still nothing so it`s probably another mod interfering with it but no idea which. It also seems I have a much higher chance of the game crashing when launching a ship with this fix installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.