KSP Got on the Boys Life Magazine!

Uberlyuber

I'm not sure if this should be on this subforum :I

As a boy scout (plus someone who pays for it), I receive a magazine called Boys Life, which has stuff about boy scouts, but also has a video game section. So, I checked it out. This month, they did a section on indie games, and what I saw in the computer corner was KSP.

Quoting from the magazine:

"Kerbal Space Program

The developers of this space simulation worked with NASA to create a realistic, detailed space game. If you want to experience building and piloting a rocket - or grabbing an asteroid - Kerbal is for you

boyslife.org/links/kerbal"

If you click the link, it takes you to a site filled with links from that months issue. If you scroll down and hit Kerbal Space Program simulation game, it takes you to KSP's website.

What do you think?

FYI, I'll have pictures soon

Edited by Uberlyuber

That's a real shame. It's good to see you have the strength of character to do what you enjoy and not let the folks that make you "pay for it" get you down. +1 Rep.

It's not like I really have to pay an arm and a leg for it, though. Besides, BS of America and BL are two different things, and I often get my money's worth anyway.

It's not mandatory for it(Boy Scouts), anyhow. :)

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're talking about. When I said "and someone who pays for it, " I meant Boy's life, not Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts isn't a paid membership.

Edited by Uberlyuber

It's not like I really have to pay an arm and a leg for it, though. Besides, BS of America and BL are two different things, and I often get my money's worth anyway.

It's not mandatory for it(Boy Scouts), anyhow. :)

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're talking about. When I said "and someone who pays for it, " I meant Boy's life, not Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts isn't a paid membership.

It's been a while since I finished but I thought it was $9 a year when you register or something like that, and a few bucks more for the magazine. The real cost is the uniforms, though troops are good about providing them for folks who can't afford it.

Good to see KSP was mentioned. Boys Life readers are exactly the sort of young people who would love KSP.

Oh nice! I m part of the german scouts and i m happy to hear this. I made a flag with the international sign of scouts.

Excurs: rover are called the oldest group of german scouts.

Gut pfad!

That's really cool! I used to be a Boy Scout but I quit because of their discriminating policies. But, oh well, that's not for discussion on the forums.

I also used to be subscribed to this magazine, and it was nice to read.

Rowsdower: could you answer my PM on the forums? Thanks! :)

NO MORE NASA PLS

PLS NUU

Seriously, the "realistic space simulator" and "if you want to experience building and flying a rocket" things doe

It's not like that, Boys Life

It's not that simple

:c

Boy Scouts of America has its own STEM program - I imagine Kerbal would fit right in with either the boy scout or venturing levels.

One of the guys from my crew showed up to the Kerbal panel back at SXSW and he was very interested in the game. ENGINEERING. GOING TO SPACE. YAY.

-snip-

The real cost is the uniforms, though troops are good about providing them for folks who can't afford it.

-snip-

No. The real cost is the camps, which are very costly! I got my class B for free, but I forget how much my class A was.

Oh nice! I m part of the german scouts and i m happy to hear this. I made a flag with the international sign of scouts.

Excurs: rover are called the oldest group of german scouts.

Gut pfad!

Hello from a different friigin continent!

Just wondering, is scouting very much the same in Germany as it is in 'Murica? I.e troops which have patrols that are sort of mini troops? (oversimplification)

Edited by Uberlyuber

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.