The Unofficial Mod Repository for KSP (Xenolith) [UPDATE: 10.09.2012]

Axel

banner.png

http://xenolith.ws

What is Xenolith?

Modders:

• [li]Upload directly to our servers, no filehoster needed.[/li]
    [li]Add screenshots or explanatory images in a gallery. Choose your cover image![/li]
    [li]Gain exposure, thanks to our popularity system.[/li]
    [li]Add as many files and images as you want.[/li]
    [li]Track your visits and downloads in detailed analytical data. Full Graphs and everything! Hot damn![/li]
    [li]Rank yourself among other modders, if you want to. No pressure, what-so-ever.[/li]
    [li]Optional: Choose from six creative commons licenses and let others know what they can do with your creation.[/li]

Users:

• [li]Maintain a list of all your favorite mods.[/li]
    [li]Subscribe and be notified when updates arrive.[/li]
    [li]like the mods you enjoy and make the author feel appreciated.[/li]
    [li]Give constructive criticism and help develop the mod![/li]
    [li]No download limit, no speed limit. Because we love mods.[/li]

Both:

• [li]Read up on the newest and hottest news for your favorite indie games.[/li]
    [li]Get tutorials and game guides in one convenient place![/li]

With this website and the KSP community, we can finally offer everyone a nice and clean alternative to download and share mods.

Thank you!

Did I mention it\'s FREE?

Any questions? Feel free to ask. I know I just came here out of the blue, but please take some time and check it out. Currently there are over 300 users and a bunch of mods. It is a new site and I would love to have the KSP community on board.

This should not make the forum obsolete but should offer a great opportunity for projects that update frequently or ones that don\'t to show off their mods and keep users updated.

All Changelogs:

+ added user stats with ranking (you can find them in 'your profile')

+ added a edit shortcut when viewing the mod

+ added a social media share bar to every mod page

+ posting a comment now notifies the mod author about it via Email.

# changed the frontpage infographic (hopefully this is much better)

# tool-tips are now correctly displayed on all buttons

# unregistered users are now able to download files up to 2MB in size

# switched from shadowbox to fancybox

+ added login cookies. You won\'t need to log in all the time.

+ added Terraria support

+ clicks on links to external files are now being counted as downloads

# links will not appear in full length. You will need to be logged in to follow them.

# moved the Twitter box to the footer

+ added Ranking System

+ added two new functions to reset your password (when forgotten) and to resend verification keys, if the system didn\'t send you a key while signing up.

# new color scheme (blue, obviously).

+ added a nav bar (this will be useful for the coming tutorials and game guides)

- removed some of the design stuff, to make the site eye friendly.

+ new articles and guides

+ added RSS Feed

+ added fancy-schancy stuff

+ added Mod Analytics

+ added CC-Licenses

+ added source code support

+ large file uploads

+ new server

# reached Beta status

Edited by Axel

Actually looks pretty good, but I\'m sure you\'ll have a hard time convincing some people to leave the forum system.

Edit: May not have made this clear, but I don\'t agree with those who think the forum is better for mods.

I really don\'t understand why.

The forum system is horrible. You can never find anything. And you could still create threads, and just link them to the site.

Yep, there should be some official mod-page.

[glow=blue,2,300]Axel has the right idea! and would be grate to see available mods for KSP there soon! http://xenolith.ws/ [/glow]

KSP guys do have a dedicated section to just MODs & Parts downloads located here: http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/tag/mods

However I think the page needs a few tweaks... S:|

MODs, Parts and Packs could be displayed by user drop down selection eg, function, style, creator, most downloaded, most popular etc...

With a thumbnail image (maybe roughly 200px Lx100px H ?) & simple title that takes you to a more detailed look at MOD you are looking at, Perhaps to the modders own forum page.

The existing page/s is already similar to this but needs to be more user friendly and listed in a more functional way.

I have seen a lot of mods on yourtube and they don\'t seem to be very easy to find sifting through forum pages, which reduces availability to other players who might want to try your mods out.

Another little issue I have seen with some mods are Power & Game Play Balance (not physical balance). some parts are over powered, some way over powered and on occasion some seem under powered, some don\'t have meshes or scripted incorrectly. So it might be nice to have ether appointed persons or have a community moderated system so they can rate the mods they have tried.

Not sure what else to add on the matter only that I agree that forums are only really good for discussion, but it is really easy to link from a index page to the mods forum page/s where the modders can post download links for their mod, write updates & changers, and also where the community can give feed back and suggestions on that page, which will work really well and is really easy to set up, But there has to be a page like this one http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/tag/mods but better so you can find what your looking for quickly and easily, and links you to the modders forum page to download and learn more about the mod.

[glow=blue,2,300]Recap:[/glow]

Change current URL page http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/tag/mods to large thumbnails displayed with a simple title for each, that links to the modders forum page where you can download the mod from, and discuss the mod there with the modder/s and other players... :D

@Desert-Fox

About the difference between mods: People enjoy mods differently. Some love extreme unrealistic mods, others love realism. I don\'t think we should leave out some, before others.

The Vote-System should take care of it, if you like it you upvote it. If you don\'t, you leave it alone.

I will try to moderate content, to a certain extent. But making everyone wait until I finally had the time to test a mod makes no sense. The community should try out and give feedback to the modders.

(A comment system is the next thing I will be doing.)

KSP guys do have a dedicated section to just MODs & Parts downloads located here: http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/tag/mods

However I think the page needs a few tweaks... S:|

That site is not run by Squad, it\'s just another fan-made site in a long series of sites that has come and gone for mods. That\'s the problem with fan-built repository sites, there\'s no guarantee the site will remain available. The forums will always be here, even if the file hosting sites disappear (Megaupload).

I am not trying to discourage anyone from creating or using these sites, just making a clarification and an observation.

Pro Tip: To make searching for mods/plugins easier, make sure you navigate to the top of the desired section before doing a search. This will search only that forum section and not every forum on the site.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

@Axel

About the difference between mods: People enjoy mods differently. Some love extreme unrealistic mods, others love realism. I don\'t think we should leave out some, before others.

Yep I can\'t disagree with that... I wouldn\'t want people to have their mods dismissed because of their differences, just a quick & simple way to find the different kind\'s of mods players want to try.

So some sort of category for close to Kerbal physics & 1, or 2, or more other category\'s for other types.

anyways glad your making a site for this, and looking ford to using it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog:

(...)

+ added user stats with ranking (you can find them in 'your profile')

+ added a edit shortcut when viewing the mod

+ added a social media share bar to every mod page

+ posting a comment now notifies the mod author about it via Email.

# changed the frontpage infographic (hopefully this is much better)

# tool-tips are now correctly displayed on all buttons

# unregistered users are now able to download files up to 2MB in size

# switched from shadowbox to fancybox

# minor changes to the design

This is awesome. The design is sleek, the UI is easy to use (although I can\'t read 'Click for more info' on Firefox 11), and it has a damn search function.

Now, one thing I\'d suggest is creating a way to tag releases with certain labels (AR202 might have 'Autopilot, Radial Attachment, Guidance, Liftoff', as an extremely crude example). Then, users could browse by selecting the tags they want (and ones they DON\'T want, too). Search could then be tied into this ('Guidance computer' would become '+Guidance +computer', for example).

Anyway, keep up the good work. I\'m hoping to see how this all comes together.

This is awesome. The design is sleek, the UI is easy to use (although I can\'t read 'Click for more info' on Firefox 11), and it has a damn search function.

Now, one thing I\'d suggest is creating a way to tag releases with certain labels (AR202 might have 'Autopilot, Radial Attachment, Guidance, Liftoff', as an extremely crude example). Then, users could browse by selecting the tags they want (and ones they DON\'T want, too). Search could then be tied into this ('Guidance computer' would become '+Guidance +computer', for example).

Anyway, keep up the good work. I\'m hoping to see how this all comes together.

Thanks, great feedback :) Especially coming from a mod :D

I\'m about to work on a better search engine. at the current state, all you can do is look for a title. Tagging is high priority. I have received multiple requests for that, so since everything else works fine I will start implementing a good search engine.

Changelog:

+ added login cookies. You won\'t need to log in all the time.

+ added Terraria support

+ clicks on links to external files are now being counted as downloads

# links will not appear in full length. You will need to be logged in to follow them.

# moved the Twitter box to the footer

# minor changes to the layout

Also, why aren\'t there more mods on the site? Any problems or is everyone to lazy to post their mods there? :)

EDIT: 05.04.2012

I just added a Ranking System, besides being able to track your views, downloads etc, you can now level up. There are 22 Levels.

Your current title will be shown when uploading mods and commenting. It will help distinguishing normal users from modders. Experienced modders will automatically gain respect and will have certain privileges.

I feel like Modders and Users should be able to show off how awesome they are

I came up with a names for all levels (feel free to suggest additions or changes):

XP --- Name

0 Cabbage Eater

100 Monster Hugger

200 Adventurer

400 Wasteland Wanderer

800 Space Explorer

1600 Diamond Miner

2500 Survivalist

4500 Zombie Slayer

6000 Modding Enthusiast

8000 Experimenter

11000 Homebrewer

15000 Smithy

21000 Painter

28000 Architekt

36000 World Creator

45000 Master Modder

55000 Elder

65000 High Architekt

75000 Thane of Xenolith

85000 Grandmaster

If you think the numbers are high, you get points for everything. Subs give you 40XP, every comment you make grants 10XP, Likes 5XP, Downloads 2XP and Views 1XP. So you\'ll acquire them rather fast.

Changelog:

• [li]If anyone had issues while registering and didn\'t get a key, they can now have their code resent.
    If you forgot your password, you can now have a new one sent to your email.[/li]
    [li][/li]

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot happening on the site, but we are missing the KSP Community :(

Come join us!

ALSO: We are starting a tutorial, game guide and news section dedicated to indie games. If you are interested we are looking for talented writers.

Especially tutorials about modding for KSP!

There is a lot happening on the site, but we are missing the KSP Community :(

Come join us!

ALSO: We are starting a tutorial, game guide and news section dedicated to indie games. If you are interested we are looking for talented writers.

Especially tutorials about modding for KSP!

Not really much I can offer to the site as I am just a user, but I will tell others about it.

Thank you very much! :D

A lot of sweet and blood has gone into this site and I\'m very pleased, that people like it.

Bring your friends along, too! There\'s enough bandwidth for everyone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.