The Unofficial Mod Repository for KSP (Xenolith) [UPDATE: 10.09.2012]

Axel

I moved your mod.

In future if you need to change your category. Go to 'Your Mods' -> find the mod you want to edit -> click the pencil icon (edit) -> and choose a different category -> then submit.

Cheers.

To add a mod, you need to go to your 'User Panel' on the right hand side and click 'Add Mod'. Fill out everything.

Then go to 'Your Mods' and add the files and images you want.

I revamped the internal download system and as a result we now have download statistics!

You can get detailed insight on how your mod is doing and get tips on how to boost popularity.

Check it out!

To find the stats go to: 'Your Mods->(Choose the mod you want to view)->Click the graph icon in the tab 'Other'. There you go! If you can\'t see the download statistics graph, you will need to wait a few days. The graph needs some data first.

Cheers! Hope you enjoy statistics as much as I do!

Thanks to the new system, downloads are saved. Deleting files does not mean you will loose your download count.

This is practical, if you like to update your mod and want to delete the old files.

@Ninja yes, you add a mod by filling in the details and then adding in the files and images afterwards.

Added Creative Commons Licenses to the site. You can now select a license you want to use. It will show up on your mod page for others to see.

This should help let other know what they can do with your mod.

Added Source Code support. You can add source code to your mod!

Perfect for plugins or snippets, that aren\'t complete mods. Or just in general, if you want to share your source code with the community.

Yeah :D

But about loosing downloads, that\'s odd. Are you sure?

The downloads are counted, not the files. They are separate in the database. Wouldn\'t help replacing them.

The overall download counter counts all downloads that are connected to the mod. Can you send me an email with a detailed error report?

as in how many you lost, what you did etc.

EDIT: He was relating to a bug in the profile. I just fixed it. It was just a display bug.

• 4 weeks later...

Heyo,

I\'m back from my vacation and have been super productive the last few days.

I\'ve finally added tagging. This is something many of you really wanted.

Tagging includes:

• [li]add/edit Tags[/li]
    [li]search by tags (good if you want to find other mods with this tag)[/li]
    [li]show similar mods based on tags (This is great if you want to find other cool mods)[/li]

And other stuff:

• [li]updated search with game name and category[/li]
    [li]redid the add and edit mod form[/li]
    [li]redid the like and subscribe buttons, they now act like the youtube buttons[/li]
    [li]redid the 'okay, thanks' button in the update page[/li]

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like an awesome idea, just wish there was more stuff on there. I\'ve spent way too much time chasing addons and not enough time playing lately. Then there\'s the problem that you come across a ship someone has uploaded that has a part that is in some pack you havn\'t dl\'ed and have a hard time finding. For example, the KW Challenger LEM has that darn triple parachute that is in the Wobbly Rockets pack, to which the DL link is broken, is supposedly been merged into the Nova pack, but I cant find it. I was gonna add it into the KW Challenger parts collection, but it seems to be illusive. There are so many different parts and mods that people have created, and they are great, but it lacks coherent organization in the forums here. It took me forever to track down the seemingly most popular mod, Mechjeb, because searching for it brings up a lot of posts. The same goes for most of the popular collections and whatnot. People mention it a lot in other topics, so a search brings up many posts that don\'t include a link. There either needs to be a sticky with links to the threads with the mods listed, or more people need to get on board with Xenolith, or something. I dont want to be a noob waltzin in ruffelin feathers but somethin needs to be done so new people don\'t get frustrated chasing this stuff down. I won\'t cause I\'m stubborn like that, but more players means more people to bring in new ideas for mods, and more revenue for the devs too. Nothing inspires hard coding work like green backs. :D

This is why I developed Xenolith. Modders really should think about hosting their mods with us, because...

For those who didn\'t receive the newsletter or aren\'t yet registered:

After receiving large downtimes and generally having low functionality on our former server, I decided to switch providers and we are now as you read this on our shiny new server.

What does this mean for you as a user? It means: Larger bandwidth, shorter loading times and file uploads up to 250MB in size.

Where does this leave us (besides me having to pay about three times as much as before per month)? Well we are in Beta now! The website has essentially all major features implemented. This means I can now look at optimization and expansion to other games.

Speaking of which, we\'ll add support to Blockade Runner - a very intriguing indie game. Of course there is more to come, so don\'t think we are done yet!

Thanks for your continued support; we couldn\'t do this without you!

Check out all the new changes at http://xenolith.ws

Thanks again guys!

• 2 months later...

What an amazing time it has been. We have been growing at an astounding rate each month. Now currently housing over 415 indie gamers!

Thanks to everyone!

I’ve been rather busy myself with work outside of Xenolith, therefore I didn't have much time for Xenolith. However I did find enough time to bring you this amazing update.

Let’s start off with the obvious update. The new clean design. While working in my current job in a media agency with a professional designer I learnt a lot and used this knowledge to update the design and make it more accessible and modern.

I hope you enjoy the new all-around cleaner look.

Another new feature is the slick drop down control panel. It’s fixed at the top right corner and offers everything you already know and love. But now it’s less in the way and only pops up if you actually need it.

The last cool feature is the new search engine which allows simultaneous mod title and tag search. You should find it to be more accurate and helpful.

The rest are bug fixes, code optimizations and cross browser optimizations. IE users should be able to download and view pop ups properly now.

If you are viewing the site and things look odd, I suggest refreshing the site. (F5 on Windows)

You can view the entire site at http://xenolith.ws

Happy gaming and continue being awesome!

Edited by Axel

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to drop in and tell you guys about the new website wide competition we have going.

Every month the users pick a winner. The winner receives a video by a popular YouTuber and a cash prize. Every mod is automatically qualified, it just needs to be uploaded.

Here is the first winner (our very own Kreuzung):

http://xenolith.ws/post/37/mod-of-the-month-september-electrical-energy-plugin

All about MotM:

http://xenolith.ws/mod-of-the-month

Thought I'd tell you since many KSP modders uploaded their mods to Xenolith.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.