0.24 Some feedback about contracts and funds

Azunai

Speaking of "Let the modders sort it out"... I've fallen in love with Debrefund. It's exactly what I envisioned above.

Hum, I can safely land stuff in Kerbin at 10m/s ... just use 3+ Modular Girder Segments angled down, as landing legs substitutes. So that mod would need some tuning ;)

Anyway, on topic: what I would really , really like to see is some kind of long term and/or wide range science gathering contracts. For example, a measurement of temperature in itself is interesting and all, but day-night variations or variations with altitude ... or even comparisons between bodies ( for example, why the hell it is -40º in LKO at sunlight but 0º at Low Munar orbit at night ? ... *confused* ) would add a lot. Contracts for a long term survey of temperature ( say 10 measurements at solar zenith, with a minimum of 10 days in between each one ) or to profile the change of temperature with altitude in a certain biome would definitely add something to the game ... and who says temperature says any other measurement .

I am much slower at figuring a lot of the technical stuff out. I have managed to get a few things into orbit and that was quite a struggle. Just learning about periapsis and apoapsis was challenging for me. I believe I made it into orbit around the Mun many versions back, but haven't played in a while. These new contracts are quite challenging to me, and I have run out of money very quickly, and am not sure how to make more with small missions. But I LOVE the challenge of this game! I definitely play with no mods. I never like to use mods. I just stick to vanilla version. Just my personal choice. I have been playing on and off since alpha, and just love the amount of work that has gone into this game. Just wanted to say I bet there are a lot more like me out there struggling with this game. We don't all think it's all so easy. I'm so jealous of all of you that have gone on to other planets. haha More power to you. I just hope someday I will comprehend enough of this game to get there myself.

First off, i'm not a kerbal veteran, i got ~96hours on playtime and i'm only playing vanilla without a single mod so please consider this while reading my personal experience.

After a long break on 0.22 i started to play the new career mode again, funds? awesome! contract? even more awesome!

But

It feels like funds don't matter at all, you get so much that you don't even have to care building efficient rockets or recovering parts :(

Contracts:

Improvements:

* They grant way to much science in average, i nearly got the full tech tree unlocked after 2 mun missions...

* All those contracts about testing parts while your rocket is "Landed, On Kerbal" are senseless at the moment. There is no condition to even launch the rocket, you can just put them on a plain vessel go to launch pad and activate it - Contract fulfilled.

* Every vessel you put on the launch pad without actually launching it will grant reputation on recover without losing funds

* Experimental parts you get by a contract are highlighted blue (good!) but those you already have unlocked are not, i'd like to see them highlighted too so you don't have to check all the parts name over and over again to make sure you picked the right one :D

Suggestions:

* Some contracts about deploying satellites or rovers in space would be a great variation

* Supply transports to existing space-stations including docking eg. "bring xxx fuel to space-station alpha / bring William Kerbal to space station beta"

* Collect space debris to clear Kerbals orbit?

* Build and test rovers on kerbal?

What do you guys think about 0.24?

Edits:

I forgot to mention it but what Trollsama talks about in this thread is so true

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87299-Suggestion-Better-Layout-for-funds-in-VAB-SPH

http://i.imgur.com/75pHEBQ.jpg

When you start the game, the game should ask the player

Do you want to play KSP in IronKerbin mode ? (disable quicksave and disable rollbacks to launch and design screen)

=)

Also in normal career mode , the money rewards are WAY OFF, especially the big rewards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.