[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Eagerly awaiting a usable release of this. I used ORS with KSPI and never really understood it, but that was on version 10, I think. But if SCANsat will have ORS support, well that's just groovy.

This thread is so nice and and friendly, it makes me happy. RoverDude, you're a great guy. Looking forward to wherever this goes :)

Can't wait for a release so I can play with this lovely project!

One argument in favour of radial drills is so they can be fitted on heavy rovers. Scenario: You have an EL assembly plant on Duna located at your main base (which uses MKS modules ^^), you can then build a heavy rover in-situ and drive it to a suitable resource site. (I'm sort of thinking along the lines of the UCS resource harvesters from Earth 2150)

As a side-note, if you wanted to g for an "iron man" playthrough, you could RP only having a finite amount of fuel available as default and have to harvest fuel as you progress... that would mean having a fuel storage setup at the KSC would be needed and you run the risk of your fuel reserves being lost if there was a rapid unintended disassembly over the KSC...

dev pre-release 0.0.1 now on dropbox - go forth and be awesome and test!

(Info on first page)

(edit)

I have stuff from folks I am still working through, but wanted to give folks something to play with while I work on other parts :)

Can't wait for a release so I can play with this lovely project!

One argument in favour of radial drills is so they can be fitted on heavy rovers. Scenario: You have an EL assembly plant on Duna located at your main base (which uses MKS modules ^^), you can then build a heavy rover in-situ and drive it to a suitable resource site. (I'm sort of thinking along the lines of the UCS resource harvesters from Earth 2150)

As a side-note, if you wanted to g for an "iron man" playthrough, you could RP only having a finite amount of fuel available as default and have to harvest fuel as you progress... that would mean having a fuel storage setup at the KSC would be needed and you run the risk of your fuel reserves being lost if there was a rapid unintended disassembly over the KSC...

Yep - I need to figure out the Baha drill animation names then those will be added in as they are already the appropriate license.

dev pre-release 0.0.1 now on dropbox - go forth and be awesome and test!

(Info on first page)

(edit)

I have stuff from folks I am still working through, but wanted to give folks something to play with while I work on other parts :)

Gonna test that so hard.

no karbonite hotspots showing up, ...

also drilling at KSC does not fill up the tank

[LOG 18:25:14.395] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data. Length: 70[LOG 18:25:14.396] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Mun
[LOG 18:25:14.469] [ORS] 0 high value Karbonite locations detected
[LOG 18:25:14.470] [ORS] Loading Planetary Resource Data for Mun
[LOG 18:25:14.546] [ORS] 9998 high value Substrate locations detected

Is there a reason the initial converter doesn't make xenon?

Nope, didn't even think of that one. Although that one feels a bit further of a stretch than fuel/monoprop... may just add that to the atmospheric scoops since that feels like it makes more sense.

Wow, awesome job. With all this momentum behind you, maybe you could reproduce this magic on one more seemingly abandoned project with a crappy licence. No pressure though. .. you've already contributed more than anyone could of asked for.

Wow, awesome job. With all this momentum behind you, maybe you could reproduce this magic on one more seemingly abandoned project with a crappy licence. No pressure though. .. you've already contributed more than anyone could of asked for.

Honestly, give credit to all of the folks who donated models - that's the hard part. I did the easy bits.

Also seems like you guys released this at a very fortuitous time. Kethane broke with 24.2 and I have a feeling it is not going to get fixed for a while.

Majiir is just taking a break from it since Squad posted 2 updates in 2 days. They first broke KAS and now Kethane, whats next?

Okay, so there are two possibilities:

1: I'm stupid (most likely)

2: It isn't working.

Do I need SCANsat for this to work or what?

I downloaded the karbonite zip, put in gamedata, whipped up a ship and went to Minmus. Now I'm landed on...well, somewhere, with a karbonite concentration of 300+ ppm. Deployed and started extraction, nothing happens.

Also, hotspots? I can't see anything anytime, the "show karbonite hotspots" option doesn't seem to do anything.

I have a dish landed at Minmus, i don't see any Karbonite hotspot option, am i suppose to have one? I have the mod parts.

Do you have module manager installed? I started a new install to play around with this, and I saw that MM isn't bundled with the DL. Also, I'm new to ORS, so am I correct in assuming that sending a rover or plane to detect Karbonite would be better than a satellite?

Do you have module manager installed? I started a new install to play around with this, and I saw that MM isn't bundled with the DL. Also, I'm new to ORS, so am I correct in assuming that sending a rover or plane to detect Karbonite would be better than a satellite?

It appears existing dishes don't have the option to show Karbonite hotspots, while new dishes created after installing the mod display it. Now im trying to figure out if thats intended or bug.

It appears existing dishes don't have the option to show Karbonite hotspots, while new dishes created after installing the mod display it. Now im trying to figure out if thats intended or bug.

I believe it has to do with the way MM or KSP deals with module additions via MM, as it is that it applies it to the part.cfg in the part folder rather than the .sfs save file where the actual modules are read.