[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Are the parts scalable?
^This, downloaded pre-alpha dev WIP ver 0.0.0.0.2 and still nothing.
Ditto for me too.

Correct - can you guys try on a clean install with nothing but the Karbonite zip? Need to see where this conflict is.

the Karbonite and MKS units say they use MW, but what they mean by that is a sort of EC, it's not related to KSP interstellar at all. I know it sounds the same, but it's not related. regular EC will work.

Because that is not confusing at all. Near Future, Interstellar and a number of other mods (I have heard the devs have confirmed it but can't find a direct source) refer to 1 EC as roughly 1 kW. Referring it to MW is downright confusing. Might I suggest changing it to EC at the very least to avoid ambiguity or confusion?

Because that is not confusing at all. Near Future, Interstellar and a number of other mods (I have heard the devs have confirmed it but can't find a direct source) refer to 1 EC as roughly 1 kW. Referring it to MW is downright confusing. Might I suggest changing it to EC at the very least to avoid ambiguity or confusion?

No can do, that's a function of ORS.

Correct - can you guys try on a clean install with nothing but the Karbonite zip? Need to see where this conflict is.

Downloading it now to try now on my clean save, I hate not having clouds though ;.; . I will report any "bad things" that may crop up.

Theoretically just the right click bug was fixed

...and they added a new parameter to a core method...

New version up, 0.24.2 compatible. DELETE YOUR OpenResourceSystem and your Karbonite folders first!!!!

...and they added a new parameter to a core method...

New version up, 0.24.2 compatible. DELETE YOUR OpenResourceSystem and your Karbonite folders first!!!!

Dude you just made a resource gathering mod in 3 days, and fixed the same bug the new patch brought to Kethane in under 20 minutes . Cheers to you Sire !

Edit. Just tested under .24.2 Working good so far !!!! And the new antena LOL man i have to give it to you , its pretty cool and dead on kerbal style !

Edit2 :.. Now I have few questions.

1. Does it work when the vessel is not active?

2. What is the ratio of convertion to fuel/ox/mono ?

3. What is the range to scan hotspots? Or do they reveal on the entire map automatically ?

Edited by nismobg

Dude you just made a resource gathering mod in 3 days, and fixed the same bug the new patch brought to Kethane in under 20 minutes . Cheers to you Sire !

Edit. Just tested under .24.2 Working good so far !!!! And the new antena LOL man i have to give it to you , its pretty cool and dead on kerbal style !

And now I am going to go grab a beer.

Pull request sent to FractalUK, offered up my services if he needs a hand as I now have a vested interest in ORS ;)

Awesome points :)

1. Drill wise, I think it's more a case of form factor than size - I like the idea of an inline drill that would pop out and extend down, vs. having to deal with balancing heavy radial drills.

One possibility is to have a radial drill of mass x, and then some other radially mounted utility (like a conversion processor) with mass x at the same center to perfectly offset the drill. Though you've probably already thought of this. :P