[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Oh.. speaking of the generator...

IV2QQ83.png

Had to take some liberties to drastically reduce the poly count, tweaked a few other things, going to move onto the joy of unrwapping. Will be adding a lot of glowy effects on this one to show operation.

check Main release thread 2nd post. RoverDude made a tutorial video.

-snip-

I did watch that tutorial, but it only shows how to use ScanSat with this mod, while helpful, I have no idea how to start actually mining this stuff. When Ive tried it doesnt mine :(

Mining Karbonite is a dirty job

http://i.imgur.com/zYNf0fq.png

I'm feeling dirty that I dare to point out a small improvement I can imagine since all your models are so awesome ;.;

But I have to: I personally feel that the Karbonite logo is a bit hard to read on top of/overlapping the stripes. Maybe you can move it up a bit and start the stripes once the logo ends?

Please feel free to ignore me and thanks for your work!

Hmm, normaly you land at a Kerbonite Spot. Then you deploy the drill. And when it´s fully deployed you activated it. With enough Power and a Kerbonite tank, it should start filling your tanks. And then you can refine it or use it for your drives. Worked with me at first try.

I did watch that tutorial, but it only shows how to use ScanSat with this mod, while helpful, I have no idea how to start actually mining this stuff. When Ive tried it doesnt mine :(

KottabosGames did a

on Karbonite. While it's not really a tutorial it does show detection, drilling and conversion.

KottabosGames did a
on Karbonite. While it's not really a tutorial it does show detection, drilling and conversion.

That video was also very helpful! So I took out all my other mods, did a fresh instal of Karbonite, and I still cant extract anything from the ground. How do I go about troubleshooting this? :)

EDIT: So I downloaded a fresh zip file of KSP .24.2 installed only Karbonite and now it works! :) Now to slowly install my other mods and hope for things not to break :D Lol Thanks for the help :)

Edited by Rassa Farlander
Fixed it!

I'm feeling dirty that I dare to point out a small improvement I can imagine since all your models are so awesome ;.;

But I have to: I personally feel that the Karbonite logo is a bit hard to read on top of/overlapping the stripes. Maybe you can move it up a bit and start the stripes once the logo ends?

Please feel free to ignore me and thanks for your work!

Yes. :)

6sa14h8.jpg

Edited by nli2work

I am experiencing the same problem, all parts of karbonite work except the mining part. If we could gather a list of mods that might interfere with Karbonite, I think that would be a good idea. I came to Karbonite because kethane wasn't updated (and the karbonite parts are lighter and a few other good reasons), but if I have to do a fresh install and try to do experiments on what mods might possibly conflict with karbonite, I would probably just wait for Kethane. Kethane for its limitations did not suffer from interference from other mods with a few well known exceptions. A list of known interferences would be a good idea.

The mods I have installed that have plugins are these. I guess we can assume that only mods with plugins would interfere. I will try removing the solar sails first because it is the plugin I can most easily do without:

Draktec Solar Sails by Tanya Sapien

Firespitter propeller planes and helicopter parts by Snjo

RasterPropMonitor by MiharaIchirou

PartCatalog 3.0 by BlackNecro

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35018-0-24-PartCatalog-3-0-RC5-(2014-07-18)

Vanguard Tech EVA parachutes by Kreuzung

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-23-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-Sry-4-not-fixing-earlier-(Dec-30)

Nukodyne Weightanium Distributors by USGKellion

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/222989-nukodyne-weightanium-distributors

I am experiencing the same problem, all parts of karbonite work except the mining part. If we could gather a list of mods that might interfere with Karbonite, I think that would be a good idea. I came to Karbonite because kethane wasn't updated (and the karbonite parts are lighter and a few other good reasons), but if I have to do a fresh install and try to do experiments on what mods might possibly conflict with karbonite, I would probably just wait for Kethane. Kethane for its limitations did not suffer from interference from other mods with a few well known exceptions. A list of known interferences would be a good idea.

The mods I have installed that have plugins are these. I guess we can assume that only mods with plugins would interfere. I will try removing the solar sails first because it is the plugin I can most easily do without:

Draktec Solar Sails by Tanya Sapien

Firespitter propeller planes and helicopter parts by Snjo

RasterPropMonitor by MiharaIchirou

PartCatalog 3.0 by BlackNecro

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35018-0-24-PartCatalog-3-0-RC5-(2014-07-18)

Vanguard Tech EVA parachutes by Kreuzung

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-23-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-Sry-4-not-fixing-earlier-(Dec-30)

Nukodyne Weightanium Distributors by USGKellion

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/222989-nukodyne-weightanium-distributors

Generally there are two main mods that interfere, and two procedural things

KSPI (which is broke now anyway)

MKS/OKS if you have an OLD version

Not being on 0.24.2 (yes, we get this...)

A bad Karbonite install (either not cleaning out older versions before 0.1.2, or putting stuff in weird places).

Beyond that - I'll always ask... WHICH mining part. Did you try with an inline tank. What do you see when you right click? etc.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is a monster. I love the mod!

I am having an issue with my karbonite convertor, i click to activate the conversion and it looks like it immediately turns on and off again.

Is there a fix for this?

I am sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is a beast. I love this mod.

I am having an issue with the Karbonite converter, when i clikc to activate it it looks as if it immeditatly toggles back off.

Any idea what mod /conflict is causing this?

Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to mine Karbonite on the surface of Laythe? Tested with a lander that works on the surface of Kerbine but will not extract on Laythe.

Usual question. Can you mine anywhere else?

Go get your new release, guys ;) Just dropped 0.2.0

I'm sure someone's said it before - but do you ever sleep?! Totally admire your drive, passion, and all of the fantastic mods that come with it. Keep it up! :D

I'm sure someone's said it before - but do you ever sleep?! Totally admire your drive, passion, and all of the fantastic mods that come with it. Keep it up! :D

Thanks :) I think the whole 'I only sleep four hours a day' is becoming a meme ;)

I found a bug relating to the CommunityResourcepack/CommonResources.cfg. The resource definitions for the TAC life support resources all have the wrong densities and these definitions for some reason take precedent over the ones set by TAC life support itself, resulting in oxygen being super heavy and others being wrong in general.

I found a bug relating to the CommunityResourcepack/CommonResources.cfg. The resource definitions for the TAC life support resources all have the wrong densities and these definitions for some reason take precedent over the ones set by TAC life support itself, resulting in oxygen being super heavy and others being wrong in general.

Already saw this in the last thread ;)