[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Sorry if this came up in the past, but when i updated kerbonite i got a weird "bug" where the framerate on planet surfaces dropped to near zero. I am pretty sure that its a installation error by myself, but i dont know where to start searching. Anyone with a hint around?

Check the KSP log and Output_log.

damn dude that's fast!!

Oh just wait till you see the engine :)

If I could make a suggestion - I'm starting over a career with this installed (0.3.3) and the location of the landing frame in the "Fuel Systems" block seems ... Well, it seems wrong. Not to be critical or anything, you understand, but I don't think of landing gear when one mentions fuel systems. I would advocate moving the LS-40 Landing Frame, the LSX Landing Frame (and taking out that massively overpowered battery) and move them to Advanced Construction and move the Radial Lander Leg to Landing. Also, the LS-40 might also want to be in landing or taken out altogether (since it appears to be a combination of the other two parts). I'd also move the Karbonite Sensor Array to Space Exploration or Science Tech. Also, in looking through sandbox mode, I don't see the landing leg by itself. Another idea is to move the converters to the electrics block.

This suggestion ups the science you have to collect in order to use the Karbonite parts. In my mind, that's a good thing, since it slowly expands what you can do with the resource depending on where you apply your research.

And speaking of research, I haven't done any on doing mods so I can't be much help. :) I'll try to fix that.

Screaming Candle.

The frames are together because they are required for the ventral drills (they kinda have to go together). The battery is not op ;) Look at it's size vs. the 4K 2.5m battery of stick - I needed something to fill the space between the nodes with. Same deal with the other parts - they are laid out so all of the bits you need, either for initial discovery, extra engines, or aeronautics, are on the same node. That being said, they will all probably either get their OWN tech tree in the constellation (MKS is in the same boat) or be moved a step up.

Sorry if this came up in the past, but when i updated kerbonite i got a weird "bug" where the framerate on planet surfaces dropped to near zero. I am pretty sure that its a installation error by myself, but i dont know where to start searching. Anyone with a hint around?

Logs logs logs and more details :) versions, etc.

Those tiny parts look fantastic! I am loving how this mod is coming on. I hope that there isn't too much longer to wait until I can get my hands on them. :)

The tiny bits will be accross two different mods - K+ for anything that has Karbonite, and the USI Exploration Pack for the other bits

Just compared the propfan engines.

41.25kn thrust per 1kg Karbonite

331.98kn thrust per 1kg Liquid Fuel

The only worse fuel ingame is monopropellent at Kerbin Sea Level.

15.72kn thrust per 1kg Monopropellent

Yep, that would make sense as that is by design. Karbonite is not a superior fuel to LFO, just different (low efficiency high thrust, equally efficient in vac or atmo).

My game is crashing after the loading screen, after I installed the mod and I really wanna try it out... This happening to anyone else?

You won't get much help without some more information.

KSP version?

Karbonite version?

Other mods?

Do you have a log?

What Forsaken1111 said. Also if its just a strait crash to desktop during or right after the loading screen, the first culprit is usually a running out of memory issue. How many mods are you using? Bring up your Task manager while the game is loading, and see how high the RAM usage goes. If its over 3.4gb , You'll probably want the Active Texture Management mod.

How's that 1.25m Karbonite Converter coming? Trying an SSTO-only game and realized that I can't get a fuel refining operation going until I've got a 2.5m cargo bay. Going to try a probe that mines and brings it up to the ship, though maybe it would be faster to just grind my way to the HL fuselages..

How's that 1.25m Karbonite Converter coming? Trying an SSTO-only game and realized that I can't get a fuel refining operation going until I've got a 2.5m cargo bay. Going to try a probe that mines and brings it up to the ship, though maybe it would be faster to just grind my way to the HL fuselages..

or try within USI Friegate parts

Nertea was working on that last I checked so I expect it will come around soon enough :)

Hi Gents

I have had a look and can't seem to figure something out... My collector on my ssto isn't getting any karbonite when I'm orbiting a planet (kerbin) I'm using the karbonite as a power generator on the ssto and a converter for my mono prop and xenon, but from orbit the collector isn't getting anywhere... Can someone shed some light on my problem? Or is this a function that isn't coming till a later release?

Regards

The Gecko

Hi Gents

I have had a look and can't seem to figure something out... My collector on my ssto isn't getting any karbonite when I'm orbiting a planet (kerbin) I'm using the karbonite as a power generator on the ssto and a converter for my mono prop and xenon, but from orbit the collector isn't getting anywhere... Can someone shed some light on my problem? Or is this a function that isn't coming till a later release?

Regards

The Gecko

1. Can you get Karbonite on the ground?

2. What planet? What altitude?

I'm about to check about the ground mining, altitude, anything from ground level, flying through the hot spots, right up to 300km in orbit yields nothing on Kerbin. I'll check the mining on the ground with a rover now and report the findings.

Regards

The Gecko

I'm about to check about the ground mining, altitude, anything from ground level, flying through the hot spots, right up to 300km in orbit yields nothing on Kerbin. I'll check the mining on the ground with a rover now and report the findings.

Regards

The Gecko

Which collector? The atmo one works in... Atmo. The particle collector works between atmo end and atmo * 110%, so roughly 69K-75K

Which collector? The atmo one works in... Atmo. The particle collector works between atmo end and atmo * 110%, so roughly 69K-75K

Hi there

Sorry for delay.

Using the KA-800LA scoop and flying through one of the "Hot-Spots" yields the following. (See Picture)

y3L74JY.png

At ANY altitude, using the KA-2500 yields almost nothing, even your recommended ones, so maybe im doing something wrong, or just being stupid, but im coming up dry :P (see below Pics)

DQz0rqy.png

tR5qeSX.png

rB5iShy.png

Note that the Karbonite resource only goes up by a small amount - like 2 units.

mining the stuff works a treat (see below), but landing my SSTO monster is NOT easy. :P (any yes I have tweaked the mining rates somewhat to test it)

i1N7iPg.png

Any thoughts?

Regards

The Gecko