[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Okay, so there are two possibilities:

1: I'm stupid (most likely)

2: It isn't working.

Do I need SCANsat for this to work or what?

I downloaded the karbonite zip, put in gamedata, whipped up a ship and went to Minmus. Now I'm landed on...well, somewhere, with a karbonite concentration of 300+ ppm. Deployed and started extraction, nothing happens.

Also, hotspots? I can't see anything anytime, the "show karbonite hotspots" option doesn't seem to do anything.

No ScanSat - You have a Karbonite tank correct? And the drill is also deployed? And your ship is landed? And what does your right clicky menu say? Sorry for lots of questions but need details please :)

I have a dish landed at Minmus, i don't see any Karbonite hotspot option, am i suppose to have one? I have the mod parts.
It appears existing dishes don't have the option to show Karbonite hotspots, while new dishes created after installing the mod display it. Now im trying to figure out if thats intended or bug.
I believe it has to do with the way MM or KSP deals with module additions via MM, as it is that it applies it to the part.cfg in the part folder rather than the .sfs save file where the actual modules are read.

Correct it's an MM thing - old parts won't have the module. Whipping up our own antenna to help avoid this.

My bad where did he post this at?

Not on these forums. He has not posted since the 22nd. I suspect Olympic1 was posing a theory, unless he is aware of some other forum that I am not. In any case, no bearing on Karbonite, and I doubt the Kethane license is changing any time soon, and at this point I am pulling all Kethane support from my mods.

i believe its in the kas thread he also gave temporary permission for people to update and post the kas.dll

EDIT:he doesnt actually say how long. anyway post #1338 in KAS thread

Edited by BrutalRIP

No ScanSat - You have a Karbonite tank correct? And the drill is also deployed? And your ship is landed? And what does your right clicky menu say? Sorry for lots of questions but need details please :)

no worries.

I have all the added parts, meaning the tank, the converter, drill and landing legs.

I landed, the drill was deployed, I waited a little and hit "Extract Karbonite".

Dqb4Hgl.png

Note power drain and constant 0 karbonite.

This was on a 300+ ppm deposit.

awesoooome. Can we get 1m parts next?

All a matter of what folks send me next - working on some atmospheric bits after I get this antenna done

no worries.

I have all the added parts, meaning the tank, the converter, drill and landing legs.

I landed, the drill was deployed, I waited a little and hit "Extract Karbonite".

http://i.imgur.com/Dqb4Hgl.png

Note power drain and constant 0 karbonite.

This was on a 300+ ppm deposit.

Toss me the exact coordinates please (if you have HyperEdit that would help). I'll try to repro. Would be good to know if others are having similar issues.

Awesome, some brief things:

You need a texture replacer file with this:

TextureReplacer

{

keepLoaded = ^UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/ORS/

}

for karbonite (also I think your MKS version ofm this file still needs the = put in too?)

Also slight clipping of drill animation into landing legs, but you probably knew that, otherwise seems to work well :)

Toss me the exact coordinates please (if you have HyperEdit that would help). I'll try to repro. Would be good to know if others are having similar issues.

0:3:17 N

100:51:18 E

Minmus, elevation 3000 meters.

Also, my ksp lags a lot with this installed. It runs smoothly with a bunch of mods but with this it's like I'm handling 300+ part ships.

Edit: HyperEdit coords:

Edited by Floppster

Not on these forums. He has not posted since the 22nd. I suspect Olympic1 was posing a theory, unless he is aware of some other forum that I am not.

Here is the post. The thread was closed so I can't link the post.

Hi folks,

I would like to address all your questions and statements individually, but right now I don't have the time. Please see my statement here and watch that thread for updates. I'll ask the moderators to unlock it once I've prepared a detailed response.

I am keeping in close touch with both the KSP forum moderators and members of Squad. We had a conversation yesterday, and we will resume discussion after the weekend. This is an important issue to discuss, but it's not an emergency that should pull Squad away from their well-deserved vacation. I speak frequently with members of Squad about QA, modding policies, legal issues and the game's API. We're all well aware and communicating.

Cheers,

Majiir

Here is the post. The thread was closed so I can't link the post.

Right... old news that one. That's about ModStats, not about why KAS/Kethane remain broke.

In any case, this is a Karbonite thread not a Kethane or KAS thread ;)

For folks having issues with lag: Any specific parts? Do you see anything in your debug log?

For folks unable to harvest - can you harvest at KSC on the launchpad? Do you see anything in your debug logs?

(FYI I can harvest just fine on Minmus at those same coordinates)

Edited by RoverDude

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

Trying to drill at the lunch pad. says there is 85ppm but thats all, and dont see anything in MAP view when activating show hotspots

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

Trying to drill at the lunch pad. says there is 85ppm but thats all, and dont see anything in MAP view when activating show hotspots

Sounds definitely like an ORS problem. I've seen this a couple of times now - let me try to re-bundle this and see if that helps.

I just launched a karbonite scanning stat into orbit around kerbin, the large dish antenna (the 88-88 stock one) is showing karbonite concentrations when I mouse over it in orbit above kerbin at 100 klom (88 ppm atm), but the map from scansat isn't showing any karbonite karbonite when it's selected, I can follow the trajectory of the mapping sattelite but it's just not showing. nor are any hotspots showing.

with a karbonite drill unit active at the ksc I am getting trace karbonite extraction. you need to deploy drill and then manually activate extraction for it to happen.

Edited by Carcharhinidae

Sounds definitely like an ORS problem. I've seen this a couple of times now - let me try to re-bundle this and see if that helps.

I think I'm having the same problem - im on a .30% kerbinite deposit, no map display of the hotspot, and the drill doesn't spin and I don't refine.

Here might be a clue (related to ORS) - its asking for 2500 MW of power to run the drill. Since I'm not using interstellar, I dont have any MW! :)

-Seyv

I just launched a karbonite scanning stat into orbit around kerbin, the large dish antenna (the 88-88 stock one) is showing karbonite concentrations when I mouse over it in orbit above kerbin at 100 klom (88 ppm atm), but the map from scansat isn't showing any karbonite karbonite when it's selected, I can follow the trajectory of the mapping sattelite but it's just not showing. nor are any hotspots showing.

with a karbonite drill unit active at the ksc I am getting trace karbonite extraction.

That sounds like a threshold problem, need to run through all of those.

I think I'm having the same problem - im on a .30% kerbinite deposit, no map display of the hotspot, and the drill doesn't spin and I don't refine.

Here might be a clue (related to ORS) - its asking for 2500 MW of power to run the drill. Since I'm not using interstellar, I dont have any MW! :)

-Seyv

Should be ok with that, 2.5 MW is light. I just use a bunch of RTGs in test.

FYI - I published a new ZIP, now includes a dedicated Karbonite antenna under science.

Also changed to a direct ORS reference, which may have been the issue you folks were having. Let me know if that fixes it.

Oh and since I'm trying this out,one request:

either map the integrated landing legs part to 'g' (deploy gear) or enable its use in the tweakables so we can set its action group to something.

Thx! Seyv

T

Should be ok with that, 2.5 MW is light. I just use a bunch of RTGs in test.

sorry, no i meant that its using the unit 'MW' (megawatts) which isn't standard KSP power (electric charge)

Trying your new build now.

sorry, no i meant that its using the unit 'MW' (megawatts) which isn't standard KSP power (electric charge)

Trying your new build now.

the Karbonite and MKS units say they use MW, but what they mean by that is a sort of EC, it's not related to KSP interstellar at all. I know it sounds the same, but it's not related. regular EC will work.

EC / MW - ok got it.

Tried the new build, no difference - still doesn't display hotspots graphically, still does not extract ore when deployed and run. Tried launching a new ship on the pad of KSP - no difference.

EC / MW - ok got it.

Tried the new build, no difference - still doesn't display hotspots graphically, still does not extract ore when deployed and run. Tried launching a new ship on the pad of KSP - no difference.

^This, downloaded pre-alpha dev WIP ver 0.0.0.0.2 and still nothing.