The Cargo Door/Ramp Challenge!

Hey everyone,

I am working on this myself right now, but basically I want to see who can come up with a modular cargo door/ramp (meaning it can fit in big or small cargo holds) that would be used in the back of a Space Plane to drive cargo into the cargo hold.

Who's up for it? Must be useable (go up and down, both before and after use) on Kerbin and Laythe at the minimum!

1 Point Per Ton of vehicle that can drive on the cargo door/ramp into a higher position the height of AT LEAST a standard landing gear. The door must work after.

20 points if under 20 parts

10 points if under 40 parts

5 points if under 50 parts

10 points if it does not use fuel (battery is ok)

10 points if it works in space

RULES:

Stock Only

No debug menu cheating, only what you can do if you open KSP and get working right away.

Lighter weight designs preferred, BUT will not be given points because larger designs may inherently be heavier, and I want to see the creativity for more than just a tiny cargo door.

Post some videos once you get it working as well!

Good luck. I am struggling haha

Edited by alex the killa

I don't bother with bay doors, but

what do you make of this?

tZ17U7Q.png

It's not part of the ship, but a ramp that drives to it. Then the vehicles are attached by docking ports on the floor.

recently I also made a lowering mechanism:

uyyhJLM.jpg

An idea I shamelessly stole from Pa1983 ;^)

I don't bother with bay doors, but

what do you make of this?

http://i.imgur.com/tZ17U7Q.png

It's not part of the ship, but a ramp that drives to it. Then the vehicles are attached by docking ports on the floor.

recently I also made a lowering mechanism:

http://i.imgur.com/uyyhJLM.jpg

An idea I shamelessly stole from Pa1983 ;^)

I just like the idea of bay doors on a flying plane, hahaha. I use the wheels to the plane and the leanback trick too! It's funny how everyone comes up with similar solutions :P I just wanted a cool opening and closing stock door

I've got a door that meets your requirements on my cargo plane here... Requires no fuel and no power, it's opened and closed by landing legs. It does need gravity to work, so it would need some re-engineering to work in orbit, but on Laythe and Kerbin it would be fine. Go to 3:45 to see it in action.

Craft File Here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.