[21 Jul] KSP: First Contract (v0.24) Frequently Asked Questions

I have the problem with "rescue XXX Kerman stuck in orbit" mission in 0.24.2: when i approach to <2 km and switch to Kerman - his RCS don't start, like his has no RCS at all (only lights on/off working). I tried to discard this mission and take again - with the same problem on another Kerman.

How can i fix this?

How are you attempting to activate his EVA pack? By default, his EVA pack is off until you hit "R" to toggle it on. And are you using any mods that could be messing with his EVA fuel supply?

-

For the splashdown folks: while the simplest cheap way to do splashdown tests is with a thrust-limited and mostly-defuelled RT-10, the absolute cheapest is the beach buggy method: build a rover, drive it into the ocean, test part, drive back out onto the runway for 100% recovery.

Wanderfound, i'm using MechJeb 2-2.3.1.0 only.

Certainly, i hit "R". For example, my pilot (from rescue ship) switched on and off RCS successfully - but when i take control Xxx Kerman - he can't. And he has no RCS bar on "Resources" menu, it's empty (whyle pilot have bar).

Kerman only can switch lights... I guess, part of his body paralyzed... I approached 30 meters, on ship. Then I tried to grab Kerman by my pilot ("F"), but he can't =)

-----------------------

Notice:

If i stay in space my pilot with working RCS, then quick save and then loaded - RCS NOT working and bar dissappeared (just like Kerman's).

Thx and sry my english)

Wanderfound, i'm using MechJeb 2-2.3.1.0 only.

Certainly, i hit "R". For example, my pilot (from rescue ship) switched on and off RCS successfully - but when i take control Xxx Kerman - he can't. And he has no RCS bar on "Resources" menu, it's empty (whyle pilot have bar).

Kerman only can switch lights... I guess, part of his body paralyzed... I approached 30 meters, on ship. Then I tried to grab Kerman by my pilot ("F"), but he can't =)

-----------------------

Notice:

If i stay in space my pilot with working RCS, then quick save and then loaded - RCS NOT working and bar dissappeared (just like Kerman's).

Thx and sry my english)

Looks like you've definitely got something buggy happening, then; best to post this over on the Support forum.

Does it still happen if you go in a ship without Mechjeb installed?

In the short term, you could probably nudge him into place with another EVAing Kerbal (without quickloading, so as to avoid invoking the bug on the second EVA; you can't grab hold of him, but your can push him if you're careful), or use RCS to position the ship's crew hatch right on top of him. If you actually bump him into the door, does he get the usual "press F to grab hold" option?

-----------------------

Notice:

Thx and sry my english)

Kerbals without EVA propellant are pretty much completely frozen in space. They pretty much can't do anything.

If it's happening with quicksaves, it sounds like you may have left over bits from a previous mod. Did you ever have any other mods installed? If so, you may want to consider copying your save games somewhere safe and doing a reinstall.

Beyond that, we would need more info such as save files, logs, screen shots (you can find out how to get that info in the support guide sticky).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Cheers,

-Claw

Any idea on exploration contract progression? Here's what I've had in order of appearance:

Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike, Eve, Gilly, Jool, Bop, Pol, Layethe, Tylo.

I still haven't done the last 3.

Is this a set progression or is it randomized? Seems odd that Bop and Pol came before Layethe and Tylo pops up before Dres or Moho.

Also, are there asteroid recovery missions?

I have the problem with "rescue XXX Kerman stuck in orbit" mission in 0.24.2: when i approach to <2 km and switch to Kerman - his RCS don't start, like his has no RCS at all (only lights on/off working). I tried to discard this mission and take again - with the same problem on another Kerman.

How can i fix this?

The problem was in russian amateur translation. Reinstall (+MechJeb) solved the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.