I found the perfect Mun Flag-bearer

StrandedonEarth

I'm not sure how names are generated, but Mun seems to be a great part of it. I had a Munlas in a save, she (A las/lass, that has to be a woman, no?) was the navigator of a large cruiser. She never went to the Mun :|

I can say my flag bearer is better then yours in a sense:

FBA169756685B656D7A1F7A681A892704CDF41E5

At least yours has a chance to go home if the Kerbal can right it. Which looks like it could be possable by using the landing legs as well as rolling it. Juust remember to close the solar panels first.

Also got a mission underway to upgrade his home and take away is old one.

Nobody's had Munman Kerman spawn yet? It should be one of the possible names, judging from the patterns.

I had Munmun Kerman in one of my .23.5 saves, but I deleted those when .24 hit (and lost all my ships as well LOL).

Thanks for the suggestions. A little more about Munbert's situation: He's at the South(?) Pole of the Mun. The lander is stuck on its side in a gully between two hills, nose downward. The RCS blocks are at the bottom of the lander, near the Cg, so they don't have enough torque to right the lander. Besides which, the lander is out of mono (apparently the RCS and SAS were left on while it was sliding downhill). Retracting the solar panels lets the nose sink down, while retracting the gear brings it up.

I haven't played at all since posting this morning, so the next thing Munbert will try is pushing the lander around to face uphill, as the reaction wheels can't manage it (I've done it before with other ships but the gully is keeping the lander wedged in place). If I can get it facing uphill it'll be no prob getting it off the regolith; Jeb has done that sort of thing many times already. I have tried (and been able) to power it off the ground, but I haven't been able to get it upright fast enough before it hits the 'lith again. I'm sure if I quickload enough times I'll get him back into space.

But that's all beside the point. I sent him there to plant flags and was not planning to bring him home anytime soon. He may wait for a science lab rover to come get him, if I ever create such a beast. But getting him to do some science hopping would be nice.

As you can see, when the EVA report says "just above the Mun's Poles," he really is just above the poles

i9agINI.png

Nice landing you have here :)

Also, you wouldn't want to bring him back so fast. There is a plenty of (supposedly) repeating "Plant Flag on the other body" contracts. Just make him a honorable flag-planter!

I plan to establish permanent flag-planting colonies on each body (accompanied by scientific satellite) - and then just bath in money, Scrooge McDuck style.

Close panels. Let the Kerbal run into it and push it up. The kerbal has amazing strength and can lift as well as push obects 500 times there mass (joking, they can push a lot more then you realize). The other thing is when the gears get it moving in the upawrds direction. Help it along by using says to pull in that direction too. Not sure if you have done or tried that yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.