[1.1.2] Rovers & Roadsters v0.7.2

AlphaAsh

Having a problem with Rovers & Roadsters unfortunately. Just putting the runabout cockpit, for example, regardless of any other parts, gives me the look rotation viewing vector is zero bug, which pretty much removes the playing area and leaves a black screen with the UI, or sometime the space background with the UI.

64bit Windows, 32bit kerbal, Forced OpenGL

This problem only happens when I launch any cockpit from your mods, or from Firespitter. Other parts work fine.

I have Rovers 0.6.1, K.A.P. 2.2.1, Firespitter 7.1.4

ModList (PasteBin because spoiler tags were not working)

http://pastebin.com/ZAEzDg3n

Screenshot Album

http://imgur.com/a/iD8lg

Log (spoiler tag problem again)

(Just this stuff spammed over and over)

http://pastebin.com/SgAC144g

Full log if you want it. I tried PasteBin and TextUploader, but the 42mb caused the pages to crash.

http://puu.sh/j6qb7/fb0d7ef068.log

64bit Windows, 32bit kerbal, Forced OpenGL

This problem only happens when I launch any cockpit from your mods, or from Firespitter. Other parts work fine.

I have Rovers 0.6.1, K.A.P. 2.2.1, Firespitter 7.1.4

ModList (PasteBin because spoiler tags were not working)

http://pastebin.com/ZAEzDg3n

Screenshot Album

http://imgur.com/a/iD8lg

Log (spoiler tag problem again)

(Just this stuff spammed over and over)

http://pastebin.com/SgAC144g

Full log if you want it. I tried PasteBin and TextUploader, but the 42mb caused the pages to crash.

http://puu.sh/j6qb7/fb0d7ef068.log

[EXC 15:36:04.232] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
JSI.JSIVariableAnimator.LateUpdate ()

If memory serves, that's related to RasterPropMonitor. I'll investigate further but I'm fairly certain this issue is related to that mod or a mod that is hooked into it.

I'd hazard a guess that you'll get a similar issue with any part without an IVA, regardless of which mod it is.

EDIT:

This problem only happens when I launch any cockpit from your mods, or from Firespitter.

That confirms it.

Edited by AlphaAsh

If memory serves, that's related to RasterPropMonitor. I'll investigate further but I'm fairly certain this issue is related to that mod or a mod that is hooked into it.

I'd hazard a guess that you'll get a similar issue with any part without an IVA, regardless of which mod it is.

EDIT:

That confirms it.

I haven't installed Raster. Would it fix it if I did?

I haven't installed Raster. Would it fix it if I did?

Might be worth a shot.

Your mod list is extensive and I suspect at least one of those is wrapping/hooking RPM somehow. Which is what's throwing the wobbly. Might be worth checking the blurb on some of those other mods. Whichever is responsible kinda should know about this so they can fix it.

EDIT - My suspicion is one of BahamutoD's mods. If memory serves, he has hooked RPM in a few mods. I might be wrong.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Might be worth a shot.

Yout mod list is extensive and I suspect at least one of those is wrapping/hooking RPM somehow. Which is what's throwing the wobbly. Might be worth checking the blurb on some of those other mods. Whichever is responsible kinda should know about this so they can fix it.

EDIT - My suspicion is one of BahumotoD's mods. If memory serves, he has hooked RPM in a few mods. I might be wrong.

Well, turns out I did have Raster installed with one of my mods, didn't even notice it.

I updated the the version that came out 4 hours ago.

I still get this from it

[EXC 17:08:02.434] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.435] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.436] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.437] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.438] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.438] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.439] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.441] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.442] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 17:08:02.442] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NavWaypoint.LateUpdate ()

[LOG 17:08:02.444] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 17:08:02.462] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 17:08:02.463] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 17:08:02.464] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 17:08:02.465] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

And it still does the black screen, but now I can get it back after toggling map view a few times, so it's a notable improvement.

Well, turns out I did have Raster installed with one of my mods, didn't even notice it.

I updated the the version that came out 4 hours ago.

I still get this from it

And it still does the black screen, but now I can get it back after toggling map view a few times, so it's a notable improvement.

*nod* Pop by the RPM thread and let them know. It's something they should look at since it's affecting more than just one mod. If it turns out RPM needs some kind of compatibility config I'll consider sorting that but I dislike mod compatibility being reliant on such things (stares evily at Active Texture Manager - yes you.)

EDIT

Huh. That's unexpected. There may be something else going on here. Can you confirm your install path? Just want to eliminate Windows security on .dlls being the issue.

Edited by AlphaAsh

*nod* Pop by the RPM thread and let them know. It's something they should look at since it's affecting more than just one mod. If it turns out RPM needs some kind of compatibility config I'll consider sorting that but I dislike mod compatibility being reliant on such things (stares evily at Active Texture Manager - yes you.)

Will do. Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. That's unexpected. There may be something else going on here. Can you confirm your install path? Just want to elimnate Windows security on .dlls being the issue.

Install path is F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program. I keep my steam on a partitioned 3TB internal. My windows is on its own 500GB drive.

Will do. Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Install path is F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program. I keep my steam on a partitioned 3TB internal. My windows is on its own 500GB drive.

Ah nevermind then. That other exception is probably related anyway. The "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" is, I'm 99% certain, related to IVAs so my money is still on RPM having some issue. Too many other variables have matched up.

Hey guy. I'm back to you. I still can't figure it out, even after ripping out FAR and JSI. Maybe this will make more sense to you.

http://pastebin.com/9iY5i0TN

Complete log http://puu.sh/j6Euv/60acf8cbc5.log

[LOG 19:23:04.578] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 19:23:04.579] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 19:23:04.603] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 19:23:04.603] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 19:23:04.605] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 19:23:04.605] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[EXC 19:23:04.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Need to identify whether it's a mod generating that NRE or just KSP. Whats left in your mod list?

There's two types of mods you need to eliminate as being responsible: any that add to or modify SPH/VAB functionality; any that add additional navigational aids (i.e. waypoints).

With those out of the equation that should isolate that "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" error and help determine if it's KSP that's generating the problem and not a mod.

EDIT - Oh and also worth trying deleting any placeholder IVA use in the configs of parts without IVAs. I'll look at this myself too.

Edited by AlphaAsh

So, I am absolutely baffled. First, sorry for the delay, had no power for two days, my meter fried. So, I deleted my GameData folder, verified files to get the stock parts back, and rebuilt the pack piece by piece, testing every mod along the way, making sure the bug didn't happen, checking to find the mod that caused it. Of course, I get the last mod put in, whole pack is back together in one big go, and the bug is completely gone. No errors in my log, nothing. Here I am, in total frustration, I spent like three days fighting with this pack in total, and now I feel like I made a total fool of myself, bringing it to you and the RPM guys, and now I can't reproduce the problem at all.

• 1 month later...
Hi there, would you consider moving a lot of these parts out of the entry level area? It really feels like I'm cheating when I see these parts usable from the start.

I'm open to suggestions if you think some parts are OP with their current tech requirements. Post a list to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...
Suggestions:

An "extension pod" that allows you to turn the Runabout pod into a station wagon.

Cab over version of the truck pod.

Implementation of the Firespitter texture switch to allow multi-colored vehicles.

1 - Good idea.

2 - Not sure what you mean.

3 - Good idea.

will there be remote tech, FAR,etc compatability patches? as of now, the probe cores are standard stock probe cores, not RT compatible. last i checked, you had something with a singular part haiving a winglet module in it, which is not the FAR style of wing surfaces, and other stuff etc.

will there be remote tech, FAR,etc compatability patches? as of now, the probe cores are standard stock probe cores, not RT compatible. last i checked, you had something with a singular part haiving a winglet module in it, which is not the FAR style of wing surfaces, and other stuff etc.

I'll throw some MM files together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh my. I love that truck cab. It's in an entirely different league compared to the rest of the mod, hell, it's IMO good enough to be a stock part provided there's a matching IVA.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm still re-learning 3D modelling - my skills are very out-of-date and I'm still too stubborn to put the time into learning Blender or UV mapping. I'm sorta waiting on when I have to for pro work as I just can't be bothered with that level of effort for a mod for KSP. Doesn't mean I don't respect the skills of those that do and don't recognise that quality suffers as a result. I just don't worry about it. If anyone downloads and uses any of my mods regardless of competing standards, then that's enough of a reward for me.

Same thing does apply to IVAs I'm afraid. Too much work I don't want to do.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.