How to burn √

Algiark

Find wood lite match. Oh you mean how to spend your unwanted millions. Build the most over powered (500 ton +) lower stage that can never be recovered that sends up 1 ton probs. Or you could stop accepting contracts and start sending and building bases on every Moon and planet, even Kerbin, till you need to accept another contract.

Also this the reason why I don't use the debrefun type mods.

So I tried to play 0.24 in stock. Made millions in a relatively short time. What should I do to spend all this √? Maybe realism mods that will force me to spend extra?

Stock or hard mode stock? Removing revert and quicksave is the biggest realism mod there is.

But yeah; as others have noted, it's not hard to acquire funds. But I think that this was a deliberate design choice: it's not about having you always be on the brink of poverty, it's about rewarding missions with the ability to build completely ridiculous huge things or crash fifty spaceplane prototypes in a row.

I can also run up masses of cash in a couple of milk-run missions, but my total available still hovers around √300,000. Any time the funds start to pile up, I blow it all on fun stuff.

Yes, if they wanted they could make the contracts system Nintendo hard. But I'm glad that I'm not obliged to grind for my fun. For those who do like a more score-focused challenge, it wouldn't be hard to add a widget to the debug menu that applies a multiplier of your choice to the cost of all rocket parts.

Get 2 500 part ships in orbit each weighing at least 150 tonnes and costing 700,000, then gently SMASH THEM INTO EACH OTHER AT 5000000km/ms AND THEN TAKE THE BURNING DEBIRS AND BUILD A DEATHSTAR, AND THEN SMASH SO THINGS INTO THAT! AN THEN ATTACH 42x42^42 REACTION WHEELS TO IT AND SPIN IT TO CREATE ZERO POINT ENERGY. AND THEN SMASH THINGS INTO IT AWAKENING THE KRARKEN AND THEN SMASH A REPLICA OF THE ISS AND MIR TOGETHER AND THEN SMASH THAT INTO KERBIN BY FIRING 42 MAINSAILS INTO THE GROUND SCREAMING FOR DENMARK!

And then plant a flag on eve (which isn't within our limits mr Gene Kerman ILL SMASH THINGS INTO YOU IF YA DONT WATCH IT)

ADD MORE BOOSTERS!

Hate to wait 5 mins to get to space and in orbit? ADD MORE BOOSTERS

Don't want to wait for a launch window to Duna ADD MORE BOOSTERS

Besides those suggestions:

Make bigger ships, badder ships and support forces in orbit, such as fuel stores and mobile refuelers.

So I tried to play 0.24 in stock. Made millions in a relatively short time. What should I do to spend all this √? Maybe realism mods that will force me to spend extra?

Talk to Whackjob , he will point you in the right direction !

millions?! :( i'm sooo pooooor! I haven't landed on the mun yet though....

It's easy to milk the system for money. Rescue Kerbal from space is a mission I get constantly. As soon as I bring one back another mission to rescue them shows up. Each net you like 60K and I built a craft that has 4 little return vehicles so I just have it intercept on he decouples his private return craft, lands, and completes contract. Go to mission control and look got another rescue mission. Easy 240K.

It's easy to milk the system for money. Rescue Kerbal from space is a mission I get constantly. As soon as I bring one back another mission to rescue them shows up. Each net you like 60K and I built a craft that has 4 little return vehicles so I just have it intercept on he decouples his private return craft, lands, and completes contract. Go to mission control and look got another rescue mission. Easy 240K.

in additon to this park a kerbal on each planet/moon you go to. Any time a plant the flag mission comes up just EVA and plant one and get back in his ship. Easy coin. Leave a probe with a reuseable science part (gravioli good universal one) in orbit in each SOI. When asked for a science report just run and transmit, you get credit even for a 0 point return. agian easy money. Landed on kerbin part tests are easy just probe+part, stage then recover (drain fuel if its an engien test so you dont move) Some other tests can be a pain so look at them before you take it. some require special approaches such as a strait down burn from orbital velocities to get the right speed for the required elevation and your aiming for a very narrow window. some of those just easier to ignore.

If you do mods, you could install deadly reentry, TAC life support, and RemoteTech (if compatible). Now if you want to recover stages, you need to pay for a heatshield (and your stages can't be too large due to this). Also, you need to pay for life support and relay satellites (no more magical transmission, all communications need line of sight.

Install mods like TAC life support, Deadly Re-entry and Engine ISP difficulty and then see if you make millions :)

I'm pretty sure we've been over this before.

Orbital science mission trumps all expenses~

Just place a probe in orbit with a thermometer and an antenna (this would have to tie into the RT2 network if RT2 is present of course, but those aren't expensive)..

FUNDS.jpg

Mission respawns almost immediately and the probe is 100% re-usable and minimal cost (about 6k for mine, including all launch components..)

(also a small spaceplane can do a rescue mission for 500 space bucks or thereabouts)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.