The Elite: Dangerous thread

gmpd2000

The argument against dlc in most AAA games is that they cut away features prior release that would have been in the original game. dlc/expansions released and developed post-release is acceptable, because your paying for the devs to carry on working after release to produce more content.

Unfortunately many features are cut at release in Elite Dangerous, but they will be developed after that as free updates, not DLC. Planetary landings and walking around have always been planned as post-release expansions.

(dont even tell me obout Star Citizen nonsense, dont even - I won't touch it unless they actually show something apart from FPS part of the game ;))

Funny thing - now looks like I have no choice. My friend got me AC pass and some small ship as a gift.

Now I have to wait like 4-6 hours for the bloody thing to download - its better be good lol.

Funny thing - now looks like I have no choice. My friend got me AC pass and some small ship as a gift.

Now I have to wait like 4-6 hours for the bloody thing to download - its better be good lol.

It won't. Be ready for a "nice" experience at launch as elitist clans will fight each other with fighters purchased for real life money while you get blown up by other players who payed real life money for OP weapons. Selling credits and ships is good.

Anyone want to play sometime? I'ts kinda hard to meet people in the game, your always flying past going to or from somewhere... :P

In game name, same as on the Forums here. I was somewhere around the Styx System... but we could rendezvous up somewhere. :cool:

I risked it but it was worth it for me - the beta. I will be much cheaper soon after the release.

Anyone want to play sometime? I'ts kinda hard to meet people in the game, your always flying past going to or from somewhere... :P

Sure, but I`m waiting for the release - dont want to loose everything due to the final wipeout of assets :)

Sure, but I`m waiting for the release - dont want to loose everything due to the final wipeout of assets :)

Yeah, thats kinda what I'm doing, I'm just cruising around in a Sidewinder... seeing the Galaxy 7.5 light years at a time. XD Trying the build the "perfect" Sidewinder as a side project, to give myself something to do.

2000 stars definitely are much more than one would imagine.

During my time in Beta 3 I wandered eastwards into the direction of Sol (after I got a Hauler ... and later a Cobra Mk 3).

After earning a little bit of money there I wanted to slowly return to the staring terrorities by slowly wandering westwards along the lower rim of the Pill (and doing misisons on the way).

Well, as I thought I had wandered westwards enough and would be directly below the starting territories I had to discover that I had missed the starting terrotiries and was already 100 ly too much to the west :D

Oh btw. the update to 3.9 should go onlin eevery hour now ;)

Nice, is Cobra a starting ship for kickstarter backers?

Yep, the digital download pack allows you to choose several alternatives to the standard starting position with a sidewinder.

I for my part used the Explorer Starting Position.

A Cobra Mk 3 outfitted with some goodies for exploration (among them am intermediate discovery scanner), starting in a (randomized) system at the edge of explored space

I haven't played it in a few months, but I remember being supremely frustrated with ship maneuverability, even when in the sweet spot, not being able to travel anywhere, due to overly-severe jump drive limitations, and no easy way to plot a course covering several star systems. That said, I know it was a beta, and am hoping for some improvements down the road. :)

yes you can travel to Earth and ANYWHERE else you want in our galaxy - literally.

The game is in gamma now and will release on 16th november as I remember.

Unfortunately it lacks some crucial features like social tools, proper root planing and easter fitting and searching modules feature. Its still very amazing space game imo, and will get better in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.