The Elite: Dangerous thread

gmpd2000

Been bounty hunting in Kremainn, and doing a little bit of battle next door in Mbukuravi... both are very close to the starting system (LHS 3447? Trevithick Dock).

Say hi if you see me, apart from a few friends, most CMDRs don't seem to want to stop and chat, especially if there are a few hunting in the same RES!

After I started, I traded into a hauler fairly quickly and got started with the community goal in Yembo.... Then AVG said no and corrupted my game, forcing me to start from scratch! I'm currently in an adder, having just completing an epic (for me!) voyage to the old systems, and I'm now at Barnards Star, deciding what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...
This should help: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Procedural_Generation

Everything is created once, meaning the universe is the same for every player. All known stars are placed in their correct positions and the rest are procedural generated.

I know all that stuff....

Maybe Simplex noise with a set of rules to determine the mass distribution?

Bought the game a two weeks ago, I'm loving it. Currently in my type-9 exploring, it's worth 5 mil. If anyone has any questions about:

Trading

Exploring

Bounty hunting

Ask me

2 weeks and in a Type-9?

If it's worth 5 million, Me thinks it's an Asp, not Type-9.

(I would be confused if you made 80 million in 2 weeks, actually)

Why would they bring it to console with the potential limitations. They should bring it to mac/linux first. They should start with the things they traditionally had part in then work out and have some respect for their past fans(the PC realm) before moving onto new territories. It shows an insane amount of lack of consideration and disrespect and show how little they potentially think of their game...

Boy, it would be nice to try out the game. But I guess I'm not in the realm of those who they would put the work into allowing to play. At least, not anymore. I guess they are too good for some people now. 8\ Maybe I'm not missing much...

Edited by Arugela

Hey guys, I'm wondering if I should get Elite: Dangerous and whether it would be the right game for me.

Really, I'm not interested in combat. Heck, I hate it! I love games like KSP and Space Engine because of the immense scale, and I want to explore a universe as large as Elite: Dangerous with realism and graphical beauty. I want to have my own spacecraft and explore the galaxy with it.

It's a bit pricy, but if it's the game I've been looking for I'm sure I can spend the money.

Personally I'm waiting for a discount or similar. As an SP game where I can spend my own time, I might have got it. As it's Online only, I'm only paying to "rent" it, so only aiming for that price. :P

If it was fully featured (just a few more features missing from it so far), I'd again go for it right away. For now I'm waiting it out as I am Star Citizen.

I know enough of the game to tell you that while you can trade, explore and do other non-combat stuff, you WILL occasionally be dragged in a combat-situation.

It's virtually not possible to have 0% combat.

If you're okay with some, then Elite Dangerous might be the exploration game you seek.

I recommend watching some video's before committing to buying. No trailers but real gameplay.

This is obviously personal opinion, but although u are technically renting it I don't see frontier closing the servers any time soon, at least without a patch to remove the drm. The game was built with future compatibility in mind, and made to be compatible with extremely high resolutions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.