The Elite: Dangerous thread

gmpd2000

I for one welcome our new Horizons Overlords.

It definitely sounds interesting enough for me, even if it, at the beginning, only covers bodies without an atmosphere.

Especially considering the fact that I am the lonesome explorer type, who will love to cruise over the planets surface in order to inspect anomalies ...

or maybe just in order to take beautiful snapshots.

I hope however, that explorers who actually land on planets and explorer anomalies, instead of just scanning the planet from the surface, will get proper rewards.

Just did a trip to the Pleiades and found my first black hole at Maia.

I have to say that, for exploration trips, the Captains log-Application is a big motivator,

if you feed it the "precious" planets you discover.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155545

It has become extremly hard however to be the first discoverer in systems ...

at least on routes well traveled ... only when you travel outside the trodden paths ...

and venture far away from the bubble of inhabited systems ...

you still have good chances to be the fist one to discover planets or stars

Edited by Godot

I for one welcome our new Horizons Overlords.

It definitely sounds interesting enough for me, even if it, at the beginning, only covers bodies without an atmosphere.

Especially considering the fact that I am the lonesome explorer type, who will love to cruise over the planets surface in order to inspect anomalies ...

or maybe just in order to take beautiful snapshots.

I hope however, that explorers who actually land on planets and explorer anomalies, instead of just scanning the planet from the surface, will get proper rewards.

Just did a trip to the Pleiades and found my first black hole at Maia.

I have to say that, for exploration trips, the Captains log-Application is a big motivator,

if you feed it the "precious" planets you discover.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155545

It has become extremly hard however to be the first discoverer in systems ...

at least on routes well traveled ... only when you travel outside the trodden paths ...

and venture far away from the bubble of inhabited systems ...

you still have good chances to be the fist one to discover planets or stars

I usually start finding previously undiscovered systems when I get about 1000-1500 ly from the bubble.

I wouldn't suppose if any of you guys know is the horizons expansion will be included in the free expansion pass thing they offered back pre-beta? They dont seem to mention it on their site....

Also anyone else exited for the cqc pc release? Havent played in ages but I can really see that getting me back into elite!

I wouldn't suppose if any of you guys know is the horizons expansion will be included in the free expansion pass thing they offered back pre-beta? They dont seem to mention it on their site....

Also anyone else exited for the cqc pc release? Havent played in ages but I can really see that getting me back into elite!

Yep, that Lifetime Expansion pass covers every expansion they'll release, Horizons included.

CQC looks like it should be fun, though I'm not sure how much I'll play it. Good for PvP practice, I guess :P

...., they're selling the expansion pass for like £130 now! Glad I bought it for ~£40 or whatever back then, even at the time I thought I'd only save a little money in the long run (think battlefield season pass)

120. due to the 10 pound discount.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought this at the start of October, have very quickly been turned off it. I'll go back to it, it will still probably be [a bit] fun. But their approach to pricing and just the general way the game is/is going just...kinda peeves me. Haha, KSP was a way better use of $30. Horizons, with currency, currently would cost me maybe twice as much as the base game, and who knows if buying it now is best? They'll probably do something in another few months where it's a lot cheaper, or another kind of deal. Seems how they do it, when you buy is hit and miss to how much you may end up feeling ripped. It's seems very geared toward multiplayer, and a game where using my imagination to fill in their blanks just seems naf. Maybe you could argue KSP requires the same, and I'd say maybe so, but it seems less of a problem, and more fitting... Eeehh.

Some things are pretty awesome. Yep it's huge. The visuals are nice. It doesn't run terribly. Sometimes it's pretty intense when Surprise! NPC attack! and you're outmatched. Sometimes it's very rewarding, getting that new ship etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

right now I'm looking for someone to make a wing beacon trading (since it isn't an exploit anymore) :P

just sitting in one station to make a shortcut for me and cashing some trade vouchers :P (if one sits in a station where I sell imperial slaves you can get ~30k/10-15min only in trade vouchers)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.