biggest rocket?

Someone must PM Whackjob, and ask him to enter this thread.

Probably we should rename this thread to "Whackjobian pride", seeing how many designs are here very pretendous and can be at least compared to what Great Kraken Rider Whackjob creates.

;1299366']Someone must PM Whackjob' date=' and ask him to enter this thread.

Probably we should rename this thread to "Whackjobian pride", seeing how many designs are here very pretendous and can be at least compared to what Great Kraken Rider Whackjob creates.[/quote']

JViSryI.jpg

Now we have to wait....

My biggest rocket is my RSS direct moon lander ;-)

HYqNhAh.jpg

In normal game, it can land on Eeloo, fly from there to Moho,

but... I haven't tried leaving Moho yet... (very unlikely)

Edited by Overfloater
Typo . _ .

I made this heavy lifter back before 0.24 came out...

cKlm57W.png

eJXF7bw.png

QXKxg8B.png

..it's appropriately named the Whackjob-Class, due to the immense size, TWR, and Kraken-baiting. (The payload in the pics is a size 3 transfer stage hauling a station habitat.)

It also SSTOed with a 100 ton payload... :)

I knew that card was gonna bite me in the arse haha!

Ok, so how are we defining big? Part count?

HbbLRBX.png

Height?

tHSE3xD.png

Complexity?

HMtamG4.jpgp

Sheer bulk?

UE3eINL.png

If that's not bulky enough, when my "weekend" hits I could probably slap something together with four million fuel or so. I didn't need to stop at one point four.

That single drogue chute right in the center is going to have a bad time of it. Though I admire its ambition, "I can totally stop this monstrosity myself." XD

I just put that to pin the top group in the staging. I was trying to move things around and I needed a dummy group up top. That was before I really knew how to work those well.

https://hughsblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screenshot500.jpghttps://hughsblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screenshot504.jpg

My uncrewed Eve return ship was pretty big, though not as big as the crewed version I'm working on now!

The return stages (the small 2.5m tanks at the top) were launched to a low retrograde Kerbin orbit un-fueled and required a separate launch to fill them up before departing for Eve.

Ad Astra :-D

I thought my launches were large!

• 1 month later...

Umm for me, probably this to be honest, i seem to only make big rockets in science mode.

D3gbavZ.jpg

9 stages, carries a mun lander with 3000 fuel and a transport stage with 2000 fuel into orbit using parts off the earlier stages of the tech tree, i actually had to make it this big to work lol.

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.