Kommonwealth Games?

Highlad

With my being Scottish and living in Glasgow, you can understand my super high hype level concerning the commonwealth games. And yet I have not seen any reaction from the KSP community!

I think we should come up with some community competition or event to mirror the excitement surrounding the games!

Any suggestions?

I'm from germany (so not so far away) but I never heard about this games.

Edit: Alright, wikipedia says it's sports. I'm happy the soccer stuff is over. So: no, do not want :D

Edited by acc

There to do with all the countries that used to be part of the British Empire as far as i know.

Also as far as I can tell they are much more to do with people with disabillities.

But dont quote me on this as my head is filled with Physics knowledge and about 0.001% of my brain is to do with sports that aren't swimming or Basket Ball.

I hate to be the guy, but what are these "commonwealth games" you speak of? Does it affect one living in the United States?

No - you rebelled too early and were disqualified. This time around only 70 countries are taking part, which is why you didn't notice.

You do know there are more than 70 other countries in the world, right? You know there are other countries? You know the "world series" is a joke?

Also as far as I can tell they are much more to do with people with disabillities.

Only as much as the Olympics are.

The Commonwealth is the name for the diplomatic and trade cooperation body that was left after the British Empire was dissolved. So the Commonwealth Games are like a mini-Olympics for the Commonwealth members. A bit like the way there's also the Pan-American Games and Asian Games.

I hate to be the guy, but what are these "commonwealth games" you speak of? Does it affect one living in the United States?

It's the "those that didn't get out of the tail end of a falling empire quick enough" games.

Wow. I'm seriously surprised so few people knew about the commonwealth games. I always thought of them as second under the Olympics...

None the less, I still need to celebrate them in KSP. Any suggestions?

What's good about being second to irrelevant?

Er, it sounds like you're saying the Olympics is irrelevant? If so, this must be some new obscure use of the world "irrelevant" that I'm not familiar with.

Er, it sounds like you're saying the Olympics is irrelevant? If so, this must be some new obscure use of the world "irrelevant" that I'm not familiar with.

Bobsledding. Curling. Trampoline. Golf for godsakes.

Yes. Irrelevant.

Bobsledding. Curling. Trampoline. Golf for godsakes.

Yes. Irrelevant.

Also, biggest cultural event in the world, biggest sporting event in the world, and the biggest TV event in the world.

It might be irrelevant to you because of your personal preferences, but let's keep things in a bit of perspective. I personally think football is about as interesting as picking lint out of my navel and didn't watch any of the recent World Cup, but I have to recognise that it was a huge event.

To be perfectly honest, I've barely heard anything about the commonwealth games and I'm in the north of england. It's simply not a major event no matter where it is.
They will still sell like 5 million individual tickets! It will be reasonably well watched by sports lovers in countries with a grand total of about a billion people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.