[PLUGIN, 0.14.4] RinComp .5

Zool

Could you make a side attachable version? I\'d like to use it on spacecraft which were not quite designed for using stock parts (Kosmos pack, for example).

Could you make a side attachable version? I\'d like to use it on spacecraft which were not quite designed for using stock parts (Kosmos pack, for example).

I\'m sure you noticed that I\'m not too into modelling :). I\'m busy hacking away trying to get a new version ready this weekend, I don\'t get much time to code during the week. If someone want\'s to makes new RinComp models or skins I\'d be happy to include them.

In the mean time... you can make a copy of a part you like the look of, give it a new name, and change the 'module =' line in the cfg, to RinComp.

It turns out the math for orbital dynamics is a bit complicated ???. I\'ve finally got the methods for finding the nodes of two orbits, and translating true anomaly from one orbit to another working correctly. That means I can start working on the UI for an align planes, and a synchronize orbits function.

It turns out the math for orbital dynamics is a bit complicated ???. I\'ve finally got the methods for finding the nodes of two orbits, and translating true anomaly from one orbit to another working correctly. That means I can start working on the UI for an align planes, and a synchronize orbits function.

0.15 will feature docking and additional navigation tools so I\'m really curious how Harv can benefit from all the work you and the other autopilot-plugin-makers do.

In every way, keep on the good work :)

Well, I blew right through my target of this weekend... So I stripped out a couple features that are still a work in progress to release what\'s ready.

So...

What\'s new:

Synchronize Orbits Mode

Align Planes Mode with normal and anti-normal auto-orientations

What\'s in the works...:

Orbit Intersect and manual options in Synchronize mode

Transfer mode

Don\'t expect any of your instruments to work if you\'re in a hyperbolic orbit

To other plugin developers:

I put all the orbit math in extensions of the Orbit class, if you\'re working on any sort of orbit navigation stuff it could save you a lot of trouble.

Edit: The closest approach indication, and delta time of arrival aren\'t checking across orbits, so they don\'t always display the best time. Until I get that fixed, just look at the numbers and find the closest two from any row.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Due to the unreliability of Squad\'s servers, I assume it will take all day just to attempt to download it... Even in parts.

I don\'t know about that, took me about 1 hour on the release of the last one (the one without using the patcher) in parts, so it should work well enough without the patcher.

Second, this looks like a great mod (though I have just learnt how to do it manually, so I won\'t be using it).

I don\'t know about that, took me about 1 hour on the release of the last one (the one without using the patcher) in parts, so it should work well enough without the patcher.

Second, this looks like a great mod (though I have just learnt how to do it manually, so I won\'t be using it).

I\'ll be holding out on KSP until the release of 14.2 anyway. I\'m excited for the new terrain and future plug ins. I need someone who\'s good at plug ins to check out my suggestions on the plug in requests board... If not, I\'ll just have to figure out how to do it myself.

I made some improvements to RinComp 0.4 and posted my changes here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=9392.0.

I don\'t mean to compete with RinComp, I just ended up hacking on it and wanted to share my results. Please feel free to roll stuff back into RinComp! (Or not if you don\'t like the changes. ;))

Cool stuff! This is my first programming project, so I\'m not too familiar with conventions for naming and organizing source code. Thanks for cleaning it up. I created a fork on GitHub, I\'ll see if I can figure out how to use it :)

Cool stuff! This is my first programming project, so I\'m not too familiar with conventions for naming and organizing source code. Thanks for cleaning it up. I created a fork on GitHub, I\'ll see if I can figure out how to use it :)

My pleasure, hope it\'s useful to you. :)

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a corrupt archive error when I try to extract this. I downloaded 2 copies of every version ion this thread and they all do it. Tried both winRar and windows native zip support.

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a corrupt archive error when I try to extract this. I downloaded 2 copies of every version ion this thread and they all do it. Tried both winRar and windows native zip support.

We just had a server move; the attachment probably got corrupted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.