scene = 7, 8, 5, 6, 9

funds = 69144.2620732784

}

Kerbal Space Program\saves\kalbr spos progrim 420 noscop prah\persistent.sfs

or other sfs files

I recommend, open to .SFS [file] and CTRL-F for

{

name = Funding

Cutting your funding in half is easy. Every time you launch something, launch a second one and crash it into the ground. Done!

this is such kerbal logic right here, but as tery said just going in the save folder you should be able to edit it easy

Hi,

Ya why didnt I think of that Spatz...the only problem is the recovery amounts; I think they are too high; they should be at least a 25% drop; any way to change that?

That funding number listed above is only for the initial starting funds; so I guess there are 2 things here; payouts and recovery.

People are talking about 3.5x and 6x; where do they get their info on how to set these?

I am lookin in the 'How to make the game more challenging thread' as well ...

Cmdr Zeta

Hi,

Heh I wonder what that does? I know the debug menu comes up I hope it doesnt ruin the game; I dont like to be curious. Some bloak told me to do just the debug menu but it counts as a cheat and messes up the game mission requiring a complete restart. (?)

Cmdr Zeta

Hi,

I did...nice find lol. It does not do what I need though; only adds or takes away from current; also you have to completey restart the game to get rid of the menus; I did see the no revert thing; maybe that is in the persistant file too I will check.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hi,

Ya why didnt I think of that Spatz...the only problem is the recovery amounts; I think they are too high; they should be at least a 25% drop; any way to change that?

That funding number listed above is only for the initial starting funds; so I guess there are 2 things here; payouts and recovery.

People are talking about 3.5x and 6x; where do they get their info on how to set these?

I am lookin in the 'How to make the game more challenging thread' as well ...

Cmdr Zeta

There are mods.

Hi,

I found this info :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87395-Harder-economy-and-progression-in-0-24

its a partcost.cfg file that just goes in a gamedata dir (highercost dir etc) and looks like this:

@PART[*]

{

@cost *= 2.0

}

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[*]

{

@unitCost *= 2.0

}

I replaced 6 with 2 to get a double cost of things; the only problem is that the recoveries will only be HALF of the total part now; which is okay by me but this might not work; I will give it a whirl on the next game restart.

Cmdr Zeta

One fix is to download module manager then make a txt file, name it what you like, rename the ending to .CFG and put in the file the line

@PART[*]:FINAL

{

@cost *= 3

}

Dump this and the module manager .dll in the gamedata folder.

Now every time the game loads while this code is in there, all parts should cost 3 times as much. The loading screen should talk about 185 parts changed or something like that. You can change the number to anything you like, mine is set to *= 8 so everthing costs 8 times as much and a mk1 pod costs 4200.

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but it certainly makes it harder.

I replaced 6 with 2 to get a double cost of things; the only problem is that the recoveries will only be HALF of the total part now; which is okay by me but this might not work; I will give it a whirl on the next game restart.

Cmdr Zeta

Honestly, half price for an item recovered from space seems like a good deal. I may make this change myself.

Well done answering your own question BTW. :)

Heh I wonder what that does? I know the debug menu comes up I hope it doesnt ruin the game; I dont like to be curious. Some bloak told me to do just the debug menu but it counts as a cheat and messes up the game mission requiring a complete restart. (?)

That's not true. There's no "cheat tracking" in KSP AFAIK.

But there are some sliders on the gameplay tab that you can use to alter rewards.

Hi,

Hitting AltF12 shows attempted cheat - maybe it is a result of the KSP Players Chat MOD that also supposedly gives me REP altho I have not confirmed this yet; it may be only a website REP along with the pics publishing it does.

REP isnt affected by any funding/rewards change as far as I can tell.

The highcost.cfg file I posted earlier worked; everything was twice as much and the part recovery was equivalent; I decided not to change the funds as my Science requirements are upped by 30% or more on all the nodes; I am restarting a new game.

Now parts return at 75% would be nice but then it gives you less time to run missions; it may be too much' gosh the sensorTemp thermometer was 1800 alone; parts orbiting in space may not be recoverable; more losses; maybe those mini boosters can send them back to the surface..

So as this may not apply to the thread I still wonder about parts return price changes and how that can be done.

In the long run it really doesnt matter cause I want to have fun and play the game too so there is the time and fun factor both of which were cut in half with the funds change and the Science requirements I increased; Science is enough !

Cmdr Zeta

Cutting your funding in half is easy. Every time you launch something, launch a second one and crash it into the ground. Done!
That doesn't actually work, it just increases your expenses. Sometimes the funds are many times higher than the cost of the rocket even when not recovered.

One could calculate how much money they want to not have, build a rocket of that cost, and crash it--but that takes some work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.