[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

4 hours ago, raidernick said:

None of them are balanced for stock so I find that hard to believe. They must be REALLY overpowered for their size since I fudged the values, and the rockets I DID spend time on, I did before the aero changes in (1.1 or 1.0?), so they have way more DV than required for the new atmosphere.

It’s not as bad as you may think. I haven’t encountered any flipping, rolling, or tumbling out of control. Now on stock 1.3 with FAR, yeah...way out of balance. Soyuz would make orbit on the core and boosters alone. In 1.4, I’ll have just under 1/2 fuel left in the third stage. That’s to an 80km orbit, if I go to a 100km orbit, it burns up quite a bit more fuel. Yes, I know the 20km height difference, but it almost burns all the third stage. I ain’t knocking it at all though. I do have one question, how hard is it to make the meshes? I’d like to try to make a Soyuz TMA mesh, maybe even an animated one that looks scorched after reentry. 

9 hours ago, Hafym said:

I do not know whether this question was asked before, but is there any for these missiles real plume?

only in RO

4 hours ago, Frylovespi said:

I think he means the Russian modules of the ISS

I think you missed the point of what I said, I know they are from the ISS

UPDATE Soviet Probes v2.4.2

Changelog:

• Replace reflection plugin with Textures Unlimited support, this is the new dependency!
  • Update textures for some parts

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietProbes/releases/tag/v2.4.2

UPDATE Soviet Rockets v2.8

Changelog:

• Add N1 rocket to use with existing LOK/LK(do not complain about lag if your computer sucks)
  • Replace reflection plugin with Textures Unlimited support, this is the new dependency!
  • Fix some part categories and add tags

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v2.8

vHzuaD8.png

Finally finished the DU-802 stage I started over a year ago and posted progress pics of. It had been finished but I was too lazy to texture it.

This was designed a replacement stage for the Dnepr third stage which is terrible.

fQwT2HQ.png

On 5/10/2018 at 9:45 AM, Jim123 said:

you made a n-1 thank you :) rating this 5 stars

Just be aware that if you are using RSS/RO the N1 lags quite a bit. I can't seem to pin down the cause. It works fine in stock. It isn't causing any errors in FAR either. The file size is large but that DU-802 I just made is larger than the entire N1 pack combined. I've been thinking of removing the N1 because it doesn't meet my expectations for proper game performance.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, VaderExMachina said:
why there's no N1 craft file in the zip archive? i see molniya,vostok,voskhod and everyother but no n1...

i dont do stock crafts only RO ones, any stock crafts left are old leftover ones from old releases.

this issue with the n1 is just as bad with TantaresLV, since he changed the .craft files,his n1 now just loads the second stage and thats it.

please raidernick listen to us, you did a n1 stock craft file before,why not make it again? or at least make a RO one like delta wee said.

2 hours ago, delta wee said:

Is there an RO craft file for the N1? 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:17 PM, raidernick said:

This is the final image of the N1 stack I'll be posting. It's the exploded view of all the parts in the completed rocket. I'll be releasing this alongside the next RO update, which will be in about 10 or so days.

tUs2W2a.png

For those looking for a craft file, here is how you can build the N1, then save it in the VAB as a craft file and voila, future usage availability. Took me less than 10 minutes to build it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.