[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

17 minutes ago, raidernick said:

wrong, there are 2 versions of the N1 the N1-7L and all the versions before that. Mine is based on the earlier version.

Where have you found this information?

Please, give me links

And,

Will you make later version?

• 2 weeks later...

game version 1.3.1.ships that use a proton carrier rocket are not loaded .installed the mod manually according to the instructions, with all the dependencies .what could be the problem?.Thanks. P.S. I don't use neither RO nor RSS

Edited by serg1983

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE Soviet Probes v2.4.3

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.4.X

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietProbes/releases/tag/v2.4.3

UPDATE Soviet Rockets v2.9

Changelog:

• Update for KSP 1.4.X
  • Update luna base tags
  • Add Kosmos 3 rocket
  • Add DU-802 stage for Dnepr rocket
  • Fix Dnepr silo tube to be more realistic

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v2.9

Cwc3K1J.png

fQwT2HQ.png

Hey, so sorry if you've already answered this, but are you going to be creating any of the Venera/Vega probes? I know that some of the later Veneras have already been recreated by other mods like Tantares or ProbesPlus, but I can't seem to find anything for the early Venera probes that just did things like flybys and such. I ask because I'm trying to create a historically accurate recreation of the space-race using several mods, and I'm committed to recreating every launch that was even remotely successful, if it achieved orbit or left Earth's general area entirely.

• 3 weeks later...

I Seem to have a problem with the R7 rocket's core vernier thrusters. Whenever the 4 boosters detach, the rocket begins to veer off course to the left or right. Now, this normally wouldn't be a problem with any other rocket. However for one reason or another, the R7 core stage doesn't have yaw control. I have followed the in-game description very closely and attached the verniers thrusters in 2x symmetry, but it doesn't solve the problem and i resort to either firing my launch escape system, or try to correct it via spin-stabilisation, which works about 0.01% of the time. Are the thrusters bugged or am i not attaching them to the rocket properly. 

1 hour ago, ChickenBot448 said:

I Seem to have a problem with the R7 rocket's core vernier thrusters. Whenever the 4 boosters detach, the rocket begins to veer off course to the left or right. Now, this normally wouldn't be a problem with any other rocket. However for one reason or another, the R7 core stage doesn't have yaw control. I have followed the in-game description very closely and attached the verniers thrusters in 2x symmetry, but it doesn't solve the problem and i resort to either firing my launch escape system, or try to correct it via spin-stabilisation, which works about 0.01% of the time. Are the thrusters bugged or am i not attaching them to the rocket properly. 

Attach the first pair of vernier and the second pair must be turned 90 degrees before attaching.

10 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Well that makes sense. Thanks for the reply

I get complaints about them a lot since it's hard to tell how to place them. I've thought about adding a small red arrow or mark to them to show how to orient it but it would look ugly and unrealistic so I decided not to. Just assume all verniers from all of my packs only rotate on 1 axis(as pretty much all verniers do). This means they need to be placed in pairs at 90 degree rotations.

• 1 month later...