[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

@raidernick, apologies if this has been asked before, but do you have anything in the works for the N1? Or if not, could you recommend a suitable N1 mod that would work well with your 7K-LOK/LK stack?

12 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

@raidernick, apologies if this has been asked before, but do you have anything in the works for the N1? Or if not, could you recommend a suitable N1 mod that would work well with your 7K-LOK/LK stack?

no and there are none that fit it

UPDATE v1.8.5

• Fixed vernier engine sound to be deeper and less terrible
  • Made a module manager config to hopefully stop the null refs caused by fasa on the R7 engines, this is a FASA problem not a problem with my mod and needs to be fixed in FASA!

WARNING: FASA will still cause null refs on it's own parts that are broken, this is something that needs to be fixed in that mod, not my mod. Also, my fix is just a band-aid for my parts, not a long term solution, it needs to be fixed there.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v1.8.5

On 5 May 2016 at 2:51 AM, raidernick said:

UPDATE v1.8.5

• Fixed vernier engine sound to be deeper and less terrible
  • Made a module manager config to hopefully stop the null refs caused by fasa on the R7 engines, this is a FASA problem not a problem with my mod and needs to be fixed in FASA!

WARNING: FASA will still cause null refs on it's own parts that are broken, this is something that needs to be fixed in that mod, not my mod. Also, my fix is just a band-aid for my parts, not a long term solution, it needs to be fixed there.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v1.8.5

Whell if fasa is so annoying than why do you use it? And by the way fasa is an american pack and yours is a soviet one!:cool:

2 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

That would be perfect but i still would like a n1.

He literally just said he wasn't going to make one. Please think before you hit "Submit Reply." Or maybe it was misunderstood, and he's just not working on one at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

FInally got around to downloading this, and wow. It's amazing. The modelling and textures are superb. Going to check out all the other ones you do now.

One odd thing, I can't get the Molniya to launch. EVerything fine, till about 2 miles out, then I lose all control. Cant control via Remote Tech, or Mechjeb, or manually. Game doesn't crash, but craft becomes complety unresponsive. Not had the problem with any other craft. Rather perplexed by it. Anyone encountered it?

Mod looks great, any chance on getting a Buran cockpit fitting for the Mk3 ?

I made a shuttle video recently, and was hoping to make a Buran one:

I did find Energia parts but am missing a Buran - alike looking cockpit, also some decals on the wings would not hurt. Any ideas ?

47 minutes ago, Grunf911 said:

Mod looks great, any chance on getting a Buran cockpit fitting for the Mk3 ?

I made a shuttle video recently, and was hoping to make a Buran one:

I did find Energia parts but am missing a Buran - alike looking cockpit, also some decals on the wings would not hurt. Any ideas ?

I think that's a bit outside RN's scope. Have you tried asking @Pak back over at Cormorant Aeronology? I know you posted the video there but I didn't see you ask them.

Hey raidernick, just stopped by to thank you for so many hours of fun using you creations.

All the probes and rockets are all amazingly well done and fun to play around, especially for me that i'm a huge fan of RSS/RO.

Thanks man :)

On 22/05/2016 at 11:59 PM, BinaryBad said:

FInally got around to downloading this, and wow. It's amazing. The modelling and textures are superb. Going to check out all the other ones you do now.

One odd thing, I can't get the Molniya to launch. EVerything fine, till about 2 miles out, then I lose all control. Cant control via Remote Tech, or Mechjeb, or manually. Game doesn't crash, but craft becomes complety unresponsive. Not had the problem with any other craft. Rather perplexed by it. Anyone encountered it?

I'm having the same issue with Molniya rocket but in the 3rd stage, the vernier engines simply don't seem to take control over the stage, it starts turning left until it spins out of control.

EDIT: Turning on RCS on fine tune, allows it to keep on route till orbit. 

Edited by RickKermen
problem solved