raidernick

[1.6.x, 1.7.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Kosmos - 7-14-19

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Fenyx said:

Dear autor! I just install you mod and i am surprised that the parameters of engines and fuel tanks do not match reality. The engine RD-171 thrust should be 8180- kN, and you in 1800 .. At the RD-120 thrust 912 and not 750 as in your fashion. The diameter of the Zenit rocket - 3.9 meters, and you have it is less than the diameter of 3.7m stock tanks! Why is this so?

Like every other mod, the parts use stock values unless you have realism overhaul installed. If you don't know why parts use stock values in the stock game vs real values, I advise you learn a bit more about the game first before jumping in and doing a ton of modding on realistic parts.

Edited by raidernick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm .. I thought that your mod is designed for cooperation with the RSS. Why do we need a real model rockets in a fantasy world? And if mod is made for stock game, then why in the description mention about working with RSS and RO? For reference, I fly in the KSP since version 0.23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fenyx said:

Hmm .. I thought that your mod is designed for cooperation with the RSS. Why do we need a real model rockets in a fantasy world? And if mod is made for stock game, then why in the description mention about working with RSS and RO? For reference, I fly in the KSP since version 0.23

if you don't understand something simple like this, I can't help you sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using this mod and it's great! But, could anyone let me know how you are suppose to attach these engines? The RD-107 Engine to the R7-Sputnik-PS Boosters. Thanks!5EXAryJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hylonomus5 said:

Been using this mod and it's great! But, could anyone let me know how you are suppose to attach these engines? The RD-107 Engine to the R7-Sputnik-PS Boosters. Thanks!5EXAryJ.jpg

ummm, wth are those engines supposed to be? Those are not the engines from my mod....I don't know where you got those but they are definitely not the ones you should be using...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.01.2017 at 7:08 PM, Fenyx said:

Hmm .. I thought that your mod is designed for cooperation with the RSS. Why do we need a real model rockets in a fantasy world? And if mod is made for stock game, then why in the description mention about working with RSS and RO? For reference, I fly in the KSP since version 0.23

Very good when add-ons can operate in different modes, especially as the real things in the KSP is sufficiently small and it is very disappointing given the opportunity to this game and add-ons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, LNGN19 said:

Ey, Where the heck can I find those Soyuz mast towers?

 

on your computer after you model them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about adding some more rockets to this pack again and I'm wondering if there is any interest in early soviet ICBM designs. I know typically the packs should contain orbital rockets only but I've been wanting to work on some of the early R series missiles. I'm thinking of doing an R-16 to start things off because of its notoriety with the nedelin disaster, which could later be converted to an R-36OKB and used as one of the converted ICBM orbital launchers like Tsiklon. I could maybe even make the warheads functional by using something like the kerbin dynamics mod for nukes or something.

857c160f051605edd827997e43e4b708.jpg

Edited by raidernick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of the ICBMs would be great. I'd really like to see an R-1, R-2 and R-5A just for the sake of launching dogs. Perhaps using probe core (with dog) or warhead, optional. Love your mod pack, BTW. I use it in conjunction with ISS Community Revived and ShadowWorks SLS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarthVader said:

Could you also add warhead parts for your Dnepr/R-36?

the dnepr is a modified r-36m, it has some significant changes to the upper part of the rocket that would need to be redone to add the warheads. I'll think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started work on converting the Dnepr to be able to be used as an R-36MUTTkh Mod 4(SS-18 Satan). This is the older variant that held 10 0.55 Mt MIRV warheads with a range of 16000km. It dispensed them out of the 3rd stage while it was burning and then the 3rd stage would pull itself away.

So far I have finished the conversion of the textures and models. I still need to make the warheads and dispenser and give it compatibility with North Kerbin Dynamics.

Here is a video showing an SS-18 Satan being launched from Vasny, it obviously would've been launched out of a silo, but seeing as there are no working silo mods for ksp/RSS/RO currently I have to launch from above ground(which they could do anyway, it doesn't need to be in a silo).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the R-36 Mirv warhead. This particular version carried 10 of these 0.55Mt warheads.

These warheads are each individually controlled by 4 single axis engines to the target. I'm not sure how a player would be able to control 10 of these at the same time in the game though as they will quickly go outside of physics range of each other, plus controlled 10 ships at the same time to hit 10 different targets by hand is pretty much impossible. I'm guessing you will just have to control one and let the rest hit a random target.

h0rBxvo.png

4XFj3Sx.png

 

Only image of real mirv warhead I could find, this is what I used for reference:

 

pervomaysk-r-36m-warhead-01.jpg

Edited by raidernick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, i've always been a big fan of this mod and your works period, i've really been a big fan of your Soviet/US Rockets and Probes and Stations including your Skylab and DOS stations. But as of lately i've been having issues which i seem to have singled down to some of these addons, for example i had nothing enabled but the Soviet Probes addon and i keep crashing at random intervals and sometimes when i recover a spacecraft that has returned to earth it will crash. I was wondering if there is some sort of dependency or requirement that i need to have that i have forgotten to install, i know some addons have required mods in order to get them to work. From my error logs i usually get errors about memory violation if that helps. I haven't been really able to enjoy these addons as of lately based on how they treat my game anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2017 at 0:23 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

I think some of the ICBMs would be great. I'd really like to see an R-1, R-2 and R-5A just for the sake of launching dogs. Perhaps using probe core (with dog) or warhead, optional. Love your mod pack, BTW. I use it in conjunction with ISS Community Revived and ShadowWorks SLS.

Come on! I want to focus more on early spaceflight. Like really early spaceflight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magnetom said:

Hey, i've always been a big fan of this mod and your works period, i've really been a big fan of your Soviet/US Rockets and Probes and Stations including your Skylab and DOS stations. But as of lately i've been having issues which i seem to have singled down to some of these addons, for example i had nothing enabled but the Soviet Probes addon and i keep crashing at random intervals and sometimes when i recover a spacecraft that has returned to earth it will crash. I was wondering if there is some sort of dependency or requirement that i need to have that i have forgotten to install, i know some addons have required mods in order to get them to work. From my error logs i usually get errors about memory violation if that helps. I haven't been really able to enjoy these addons as of lately based on how they treat my game anymore.

A memory access violation means you are running out of RAM and the game is crashing so either you are using the 32 bit game, or your computer is just not good enough to use these mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT FIXED:

hey @raidernick

I found this issue in RO, which was closed and fixed. 

RN plume issues on multiple engines from multiple mods#1492

 

I had the same issue, and updating SmokeScreen did solve it for the Soyuz booster engines. However, i have the same issue (no plume coming out) for the Zenit RD171, even after updating SmokeScreen. Did you test that one with the new SmokeScreen? 

 

THE FIX: 

In Ro_realPlume config files, the rd171 was referenced as zenit_rd171 and not rn_zenit_rd171. fixed that in the RO folder and it all works great. 

Edited by ragusila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ragusila said:

EDIT FIXED:

hey @raidernick

I found this issue in RO, which was closed and fixed. 

RN plume issues on multiple engines from multiple mods#1492

 

I had the same issue, and updating SmokeScreen did solve it for the Soyuz booster engines. However, i have the same issue (no plume coming out) for the Zenit RD171, even after updating SmokeScreen. Did you test that one with the new SmokeScreen? 

 

THE FIX: 

In Ro_realPlume config files, the rd171 was referenced as zenit_rd171 and not rn_zenit_rd171. fixed that in the RO folder and it all works great. 

Thank you for pointing that out. It will be fixed in the next RO release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.