raidernick

[1.6.x, 1.7.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Kosmos - 7-14-19

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

hey man, I'm using ro/rss but every time I try opening the game with Soviet rockets inside gamedata folder, it just crashes. What can I do? (salyut and soyuz are working great)

Edited by elamiramir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elamiramir said:

 

hey man, I'm using ro/rss but every time I try opening the game with Soviet rockets inside gamedata folder, it just crashes. What can I do? (salyut and soyuz are working great)

The first thing you can do: post a log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

16 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The first thing you can do: post a log.

I'm not finding any log file inside the ksp data directory

Edited by elamiramir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, elamiramir said:

 

I'm not finding any log file inside the ksp data directory

It`s directly in the root directory: Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

It`s directly in the root directory: Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log.

ok, thanks, I found it. here's the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5onptu01c7byh0c/KSP.log?dl=0

just out of curiosity, how do you notice what's wrong reading the .log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whenever I fly the Soyuz-FG rocket it starts spinning out of control. I have the vernier engines on yet I can not control it.

 

Edit: It works fine now

Edited by spacefreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rocket flys fine when there is no payload attached. However, when I add the soyuz spacecraft the rocket starts flipping out of control after first stage seperation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

UPDATE Soviet Probes v2.5

Changelog:

  • Update for KSP 1.6.x/1.7.x
  • Fix mm errors with TR config
  • Fix reflections
  • Add proton 1 satellite
  • Add proton 4 satellite

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietProbes/releases/tag/v2.5

 

UPDATE Soviet Rockets v3.0

Changelog:

  • Update for KSP 1.6.x/1.7.x
  • Fix mm errors with TR configs
  • Fix Dnepr silo tubs colliders and rd264 crash tolerance
  • Fix reflections
  • Fix kosmos 3 second stage rcs position
  • Add Kosmos 2 rocket
  • Add fairings for N6 proton satellite
  • Add ur500 stage 2 for N6 satellite bus
  • Add support for N4 satellite bus to proton
  • Separate R7 Block I engine covers into their own part
  • Fix proton rocket normals

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v3.0

REM0i0S.png

SLAre1I.png

SGFcGEv.png

LiAEIzu.png

Edited by raidernick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Hello.

I built a sputnik 1 in RSS/RO (1.6.1) and using mechjeb to fly. After decoupling the boosters, the core doesn’t gimbal on yaw. How can i solve this? https://kerbalx.com/KnedlikMCPE/Sputnik-1

The verniers need to be placed in pairs and rotated at 90 degree angles from the previous pair. They only gimbal on one axis. Take the 2 that don't work and rotate them 90 degrees and they will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, raidernick said:

The verniers need to be placed in pairs and rotated at 90 degree angles from the previous pair. They only gimbal on one axis. Take the 2 that don't work and rotate them 90 degrees and they will work.

Thanks. Also, do you plan to make a node on R7 engines to support modular launch pads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE Soviet Probes v2.6

Changelog:

  • Add transforms to sputnik 2 for o2 venting

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietProbes/releases/tag/v2.6

 

UPDATE Soviet Rockets v3.2

Changelog:

  • Update rd216 plume nodes for kosmos 3
  • Fix mesh intersect with rd214 for kosmos 2
  • Add o2 vents to sputnik 1 and 3 bases
  • Fix sputnik 3 nosecone colliders

Required Dependencies below:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v3.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to use the Soyuz fairings to act as a launch escape system (like Soyuz MS-10)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SpeedShot7 said:

Is there any way to use the Soyuz fairings to act as a launch escape system (like Soyuz MS-10)?

No because of the way fairings work in KSP. They need to attach to a bottom node on the base and ONLY the base to separate properly. This means they aren't attached to the pod itself. To separate like IRL during that particular abort you'd need to have it attached to the pod in ADDITION to the base and when separating it the fairings would need to not separate but stay together but still separate from the base. It's incredibly complicated to do in ksp, I'm fairly sure impossible in stock. You'd need multiple decouplers and node attach points on the same part, which means you could no longer stage the fairings off. This means the invisible sep engines wouldn't work which are required for fairings that separate the old way and not procedural generated ones. Basically you have two options here, make 2 fairings, one for use when not aborting and one for use when aborting.

 

So the short answer is no, the long answer is no. If you want it for that one mission modify the parts yourself to use for that specific purpose, but they won't be regular fairings anymore then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just update all ur mod to 1.7 however something goes wrong.Firstly, all the 3rd stage firings of the Soyuz Rockets were gone. Secondly, when I try to launch any vessel from proton such as Salyut TKS Almaz and Zond,after couple of seconds of the launch,those vessel will osculate horizonally therefore breaking the rocket into parts. Are there missing parts in the mod, since I didn't build then launch by myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MonanMuller said:

Just update all ur mod to 1.7 however something goes wrong.Firstly, all the 3rd stage firings of the Soyuz Rockets were gone. Secondly, when I try to launch any vessel from proton such as Salyut TKS Almaz and Zond,after couple of seconds of the launch,those vessel will osculate horizonally therefore breaking the rocket into parts. Are there missing parts in the mod, since I didn't build then launch by myself.

The third stage fairings are not missing, I made them into a separate part from the third stage for more realism so that you can separate them after igniting and separating the stage. You need to add them manually now when building the craft. As for the flipping, I'm assuming you are using stock, I can not and will not help people fly rockets in the stock atmosphere sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, raidernick said:

The third stage fairings are not missing, I made them into a separate part from the third stage for more realism so that you can separate them after igniting and separating the stage. You need to add them manually now when building the craft. As for the flipping, I'm assuming you are using stock, I can not and will not help people fly rockets in the stock atmosphere sorry.

Well first of all,the problems I have mentioned were solved soon after I install Real Overhaul,however new problems coming up. All the my rockets can't get into orbit.All the vessels(Soyuz,TKS,Salyut,Almaz) ends up around 20-30km with insufficient fuel.Ps I have install all the Dependencies mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 6:34 AM, MonanMuller said:

Well first of all,the problems I have mentioned were solved soon after I install Real Overhaul,however new problems coming up. All the my rockets can't get into orbit.All the vessels(Soyuz,TKS,Salyut,Almaz) ends up around 20-30km with insufficient fuel.Ps I have install all the Dependencies mods

you are using the stock craft files instead of the RO ones... The RO ones are clearly label RO in the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey i was building a N1 and it seems that when the launch escape tower is connected to the soyuz 7K-LOK it is way to short for the L3 shrouds and it doesn't fit right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, erwinrommel1939 said:

hey i was building a N1 and it seems that when the launch escape tower is connected to the soyuz 7K-LOK it is way to short for the L3 shrouds and it doesn't fit right 

you built it wrong then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to stop the warheads from shaking in the dnepr rocket? I'm not sure if this is a ckan fault or mine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 7:48 PM, Dnepr said:

Does anyone know how to stop the warheads from shaking in the dnepr rocket? I'm not sure if this is a ckan fault or mine 

kjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.