[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

One question: why? I know that some may not agree with your models, but that doesn't ive them the right to verbal attack you.

Yes, the models look pale but that's not the point.

The point is that you made one best looking models for this mod and that alone is good enough for me.

I would be very sad if this mod is ever gonna be stopped right when it's blossoming.

I still don't know if I am ever going to pick this up again but here is what you all WOULD have had as an update for Luna 9/10, had I not been verbally abused by a member here. I'm going to decide in the next few days whether or not to continue with these mods and release or just keep all of them for personal use.

http://i.imgur.com/Tm58JbD.png

Continue to enjoy doing what you do. There are so many people in the community that truly enjoy these models. Don't let one person ruin that fun you get from making and releasing this wonderful parts.

I personally like the way the textures are, it has a KSP style look to it which is good because most people like mods that have textures resembling stock textures.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

As long as you like doing it you should continue. There's one constant in life other than death and that is you cannot win universal acclaim on the internet. People will criticize and complain and say things you won't like but you can also assume that they are looking at your work. :)

You gotta take it where it's coming from man. Dragon has been saying stuff like that to modders on these forums for a long time. He was doing it before I joined these forums and he will be doing it after I am gone. I have told him in the past that he needs to use more tact and diplomacy. The bottom line is he doesn't have tact or diplomacy. What you perceive as abusive he sees as constructive criticism. Now I personally feel that if you want to take them down because of one person and keep them down because of one person then thats your prerogative. If you expect an apology from him then you are going to be waiting for a long time. By taking your links down all you do is give dragon the power, it might seem like by taking down links and teasing us with what could have been proves something, but all it does is show that someone got to you, nothing more. So if you don't want to share your work and let us give you our opinions good and bad then keep them down, its a shame but I promise you people will eventually move on. If you released your models just because you wanted people to blow sunshine up your butt then you are definitely in the wrong place. I guess my point is that it makes me mad that the opinions of one person provoked such a reaction from you. So good luck in whatever you decide to do and if you don't come back I understand. I hope you decide to stay because you have some great models but you got to do what you got to do.

Best of Luck

Edited by sp1989

I'm not upset with what he was saying. I'm upset with how he does it. I've been watching him for a long time, even before I registered here and he always does this. It's not that "he doesn't have tact or diplomacy", he is just a cyber bully, plain and simple. The fact that nobody has done anything about him until now is appalling as he has been skirting around the rules for a long time. You didn't see the posts he made that were removed they were far beyond his normal rudeness, so see where I'm coming from here. Also, I don't need an apology, I am satisfied with the moderators response to this and I don't think anyone will be receiving abusive language from him from now on.

Edited by raidernick

I'm not upset with what he was saying. I'm upset with how he does it. I've been watching him for a long time, even before I registered here and he always does this. It's not that "he doesn't have tact or diplomacy", he is just a cyber bully, plain and simple. The fact that nobody has done anything about him until now is appalling as he has been skirting around the rules for a long time. You didn't see the posts he made that were removed they were far beyond his normal rudeness, so see where I'm coming from here. Also, I don't need an apology, I am satisfied with the moderators response to this and I don't think anyone will be receiving abusive language from him from now on.

I understand but of you're satisfied then why pull the links? Also like I said before if you believe he is a bully, pulling the links down gives him exactly what he wants.

Because the airbags are a broken mess that are likely to cause major issues with your flights. I am currently working on a fix for myself, whether or not I release it I don't know yet.

Alright. I wont belabor the point. Whatever decide is what you decide.

Is there a ban button we can just turn him off that would be great, I really think modders should have a ban button for people like him and banned him from download there stuff too and for his constructive criticism his just mad he can't do what alot of you modders do, Just look at any mod he talks someone in to letting him so called maintain he can't fix much at all then again can't think of anything he has fixed.

EDIT- Your work looks great by the way hope you keep it up thanks for all the time and work you do.

I don;t care what that cyber bully thinks, I really appreciate your work. You released and developed your three mods really quick. They've been essential for my historically KSP save game.

But of course the decision on the releasing of your work is down to you alone. Just wanted to let you know that most of us on the forums love all the stuff mod developers make. Thank you!:wink:

He posted some really nasty personal attacks here that were deleted. It wasn't constructive criticism, it was just nasty rude remarks that had no value. And it's not just this thread, everywhere he posts is just nasty and rude. I know I'm not the only one who sees this.

Well I have no way of seeing it now, but I've been accused of the same, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

I'll just give you this advice. Learn to accept criticism, and don't be stubborn. Those are big problems with some modders here.

Taking your links down because of some emotional issue is just bizarre. If you're not in control of your reactions then who is? And if you really think that HE is the one being immature then why aren't you rising above it? Instead you delete links.... come on.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Well considering it escalated to an administration standpoint and he has been punished instead of me there is no need to reserve judgement as he is clearly in the wrong. Not to mention I've been approached by many people privately already about the SAME issue with him. And I'll say this again it had NOTHING to do with criticism he was just personally attacking me so it has nothing to do with being "stubborn". I am going to continue working on this with the new policy of "don't like get, get over it." Nobody is forcing you to download this. Also since you have no knowledge of the situation at all I think you have no right to judge the decisions I made.

Also about modders being too sensitive, this is incredibly false. We are not here to serve you. Nobody is entitled to the mods. They are released as a courtesy. Dragon acts like he is entitled to everything and demands things of modders and that is why everyone(including me) gets upset, because of users who act like that. I don't why why I need to even defend this point it is ridiculous.

Finally, I'm done arguing about this. I'm just going to ignore any more posts about this and just return to working on the models.

Edited by raidernick

I have to say I am a big fan of your work. I don't know if you recall but I sent you a thank you message on Curse a week or so ago.

It is an unfortunate truth that most of the time people only provide feedback when they want to complain about something. In the time I have spent with KSP it is almost guaranteed that if a mod is good then 1 of 2 people will stop by to crap all over it with excessive criticism. Unfortunately I see the same two people time and time again. Personally I would look at it as a badge of honor if you get trolled by one of these 2. I wouldn't let it get to you.

Admittedly it would really suck if you decided to not to share your work as I have really been enjoying it. If you did decide to I would understand but it would suck.

Thanks again for the great mods.

-JP

Finally, I'm done arguing about this. I'm just going to ignore any more posts about this and just return to working on the models.

Now this is what I want to hear. Keep it up. I'll PM you later about the balloon issue.

Regarding the textures, I think any sentiment that they're inadequate is taking things a little too seriously. Good textures are important, but they're far from the top of the list. The first thing I said in IRC upon looking at your pictures is that they were a little simple, but your models are great. For your money, the fastest way to make basic textures look better is by spending some time making the UV unwrap more workable, and then do an Ambient Occlusion bake; which will add shadows to the texture and make it look less.... made out of wet clay.

Then, because what you've got is pretty awesome already; ask for help?

I've spent a lot of times on my mod recently redoing models to optimize the UV map to support AO bakes and boy do I wish I had done it the first time around.

The problem is that all the old soviet probes are just a chromed color with no texture or definition. The parts that aren't chromed are just a flat black or white paint scheme, again with no texture or definition. It's very difficult to make something like that look good on ksp, even using the reflection plugin can only help so much.

I am going to continue working on this with the new policy of "don't like get, get over it." Nobody is forcing you to download this.

OK. I'm still not clear. Are you open to criticism or not?

The problem is that all the old soviet probes are just a chromed color with no texture or definition. The parts that aren't chromed are just a flat black or white paint scheme, again with no texture or definition. It's very difficult to make something like that look good on ksp, even using the reflection plugin can only help so much.

I'm thinking that AO bakes would help the plain flat look. It's something I just discovered and I wished I knew about it earlier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.