[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

I know how the bag works. I had it working that way originally when it was the "yellow" bags. Unfortunately when it decoupled the bag colliders would either make the probe explode or they would explode when rolling away so I redid it this way to avoid that. You know this as you used the old version. As soon as a bounce collider touches a regular collider the entire ship explodes there is no way to cover the probe with bags and having the colliders intersect. Fixing luna 9 is at the bottom of my priority list right now though so don't hold your breath.

You had two spherical bags, though, attached at a single point. Perhaps if they were hemispherical, joining together at the center (and attaching at different points), then it'd work better somewhat. It's tricky, but I think it should be doable with some clever trickery.

Though that's less important than cutting down memory usage now. Try to work out baking textures onto a single UV. It'd be really useful for every model you make, they take too much memory right now, especially with BobCat's mods installed as well.

Updated with new R7 ROCKETS! You will finally be able to launch all these probes the way they were intended. Textures by DECQ(Kickasskyle)

WARNING: If you have the old version of Desolator/DECQ's rockets you MUST delete them before installing this or it will not work properly!

V0.91

-Added Vostok-8K72 and Soyuz-FG rockets

-Fixed various cfg errors

-Added new craft files for Luna 2,3,9,10 & Molniya-1

TpfGr3w.png

xiXBCv9.png

Edited by raidernick

Updated with new R7 ROCKETS! You will finally be able to launch all these probes the way they were intended. Textures by DECQ(Kickasskyle)

WARNING: If you have the old version of Desolator/DECQ's rockets you MUST delete them before installing this or it will not work properly!

V0.91

-Added Vostok-8K72 and Soyuz-FG rockets

-Fixed various cfg errors

-Added new craft files for Luna 2,3,9,10 & Molniya-1

http://i.imgur.com/PWGMB1I.png

http://i.imgur.com/62sQhns.png

Re-DLding now.

Wow. That's something. Do you intend to expand and modify those? I mean upper stage verniers, an RD-0124 equipped Soyuz upper stage, perhaps additional fairings.

Looking at it, the exposed hull on the Soyuz is a bit too green. It should probably be gray. It's also a good time to "refurbish" (better textures, working coast-phase RCS, model improvements) the Blok L. This is looking very promising.

His Proton is still good, though. I'd say, this mod should focus on early hardware, like Luna/Vostok and Molniya. Denny might come back in the meantime.

Check these configs:

RN_R7/8k78/blockL_ullage/ullage/blockl_ullage

RN_R7/8k78/blockL_ullage_decoupler/ullage_decoupler/ullage_decoupler

RN_R7/master/Luna_Base/luna_base/luna_base

You've got:

// --- asset parameters ---

scake = 1

should be scale

Thanks for the report. It is fixed for the next release, which will be sometime today. Although in the mean time it won't cause any problems, the parts are made in 1:1 scale already so you really don't even need that parameter.

Edited by raidernick

Updated V0.92.6

-Fixed staging error in luna 2&3 vostok rocket and subassembly. Please replace your old craft and subassembly files with the updated ones.

Ok so as a test project I'm working on the Baikonur launch clamps. So far I have finished clamp R090, there are many many more left to do. Before anyone complains, "oh they didn't stick up that far in real life", you need to realize that the baikonur cosmodrome launch pads have the rockets lowered into a cement pit hanging off a cliff so only the upper half of the rocket is visible. In KSP on the stock launchpad this isn't going to happen so I made the clamps extendable like the stock clamps so you can drag them up and down and they won't "float" at least.

QUFrFcR.png

t1MaS7u.png

Lysjm6b.png

Edited by raidernick

There is just something about the r7 rockets shape. Anything based on that thing just looks so nice. Im feeling compelled to make my own model based on it one of these days.(straight to the moon/mun!:P)

Also. Themz clamps!

Edited by landeTLS

Neat. The green metal would look better with some dents and scratches, but it looks nice. Keep in mind it's multi-use, so it'd have scratches, burns and everything. Also, could you try making the "pedestal" a truss tower? A solid block doesn't really look that good.