[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

Hey, i think this a great mod, but i have one problem with it. the craft files that came with the mod, their price is always NaN, any advice?

probably because the prices of some of the parts aren't set properly. As I've stated before I don't really cater for career mode since I don't like or use it. If somebody wants to go through all the parts and set proper tech and prices for them all I'll gladly include it with the mod but I won't be doing any work on it.

probably because the prices of some of the parts aren't set properly. As I've stated before I don't really cater for career mode since I don't like or use it. If somebody wants to go through all the parts and set proper tech and prices for them all I'll gladly include it with the mod but I won't be doing any work on it.

Ok thanks, i've checked out the parts and they seem good in price, maybe its the just the Craft files or do i have to mess around the MU and MBM files?

You don't need to do anything to the model or texture files. There must be an error somewhere for the prices to not be working in craft files, try double checking each part in the afflicted craft files. If they are ok still, try rebuilding the craft in career mode and see if exiting and reloading it if the prices work. I made them in sandbox mode.

Ah, I know what the problem is. It has to do with the configs. At least in the version of the pack I have, in each part with an EC-generating engine, there's this part:

RESOURCE{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0

}

It should be:

RESOURCE{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0

isTweakable = false

hideFlow = true

}

It's needed for proper handling of 0-capacity tanks.

Ah, I know what the problem is. It has to do with the configs. At least in the version of the pack I have, in each part with an EC-generating engine, there's this part:

It should be:

It's needed for proper handling of 0-capacity tanks.

I'll try that, thanks.

Let me know what files you changed and I'll fix the same ones for the next update

I have success! i have both changed the configs as well as rebuilt the first and second, here is a list of what was changed: First stage of 8k71ps, block A - Engine, Block BVGD- Engine, master engine, Engine - Block I.

Updated V0.94

-Changed file structure and reduced file size. Decreased overall size by 130mb!

-This is NOT compatible with previous versions! YOU MUST COMPLETELY DELETE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE, THE FOLDER STRUCTURE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

-updated craft files and subassemblies to fix NaN bug with career mode

-added hullcam support for probes that have cameras

Edited by raidernick

• 3 weeks later...

Rebuild is going fine. New computer came with garbage 5400rpm hdd's. I am still waiting for the wd re replacement drives to come in. I was making the clamps directly on my dropbox so I have them still, no worries. It was just the US probes stuff that I lost.

Went on one of my other comps to do some texturing work, as that's all I can do ATM. I completely retextured the Luna 9 and 10 probes(because they looked like crap) which I have been promising to do for a while. These will be in the next release, which won't be for a while as 0.25 will likely break all of the plugin dependencies and I will need to wait for all of these mods to be updated.

hq5HKtg.png

Im4IL9z.png

Edited by raidernick

I fixed the normals/invisible mesh problem with the decoupler. I also tweaked all of the weight, engine and fuel values to be more realistic and changed the fuel over to mono propellant. The monoprop ports on the luna ktdu now also work. Lastly I started working on polyot. Once 0.25 comes out and all plugins are updated I will release v1.0 in a new thread.

EDIT: I was unable to get the airbag problem solved, even using the airbag plugin. The probe was so light it barely bounced on the Mun's surface anyway so I just removed the bounce module. Overall this makes very little difference to the function but fixes the major collision issue that caused the probe to explode when deflating the airbags.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.