[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

19 hours ago, raidernick said:

I'm not going to remake them. I had originally removed them because of problems like this occurring so frequently. Someone made a PR on the github for craft files so I included those. If you want to fix them and make a PR for it I'll include them in the next release otherwise I'm just going to delete them again.

Ok, I'll fix them and make a pull request

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided to take a break from US stuff to work on soviet parts again. My next project is the Dnepr launcher. I plan to make the entire rocket and silo launching mechanism but not the silo itself. I am not making the silo because the only way to use it would be to have the entire thing above ground sitting on the launch pad and it would look ridiculous.

4IHk8qo.png

14 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Beautiful? Will it have the gas canister launch mechanism?

I wasn't planning on it. It still needs some more work though. I need to do the larger black fairing, add the thermal blankets to the engine bells and a few other minor tweaks. Maybe I'll add the launch tube that it is stored in if that is what you are talking about. If you are talking about the actual black powder charge it uses to eject itself from the silo it already has that and the picture above shows it.

Dnepr is officially 100% done including tweaks. I am currently deciding whether or not I want to release it as is, or include another rocket. I am currently in the pre-planning stage to make the Strela/Rokot launchers.

GIF showing the launch sequence:

uZZGKtY.gif

Edited by raidernick

2 hours ago, shizzak said:

I while back you were making Baikonur launch clamps for the soviet probes mod. Did that ever did get released? If so they are not in the mod

no i never finished them and since then other people have done them so I won't bother to finish them now.

UPDATE v2.1

Changelog:

• Add Dnepr rocket
  • Changed folder structure to combine all rockets into 1 parent folder, you MUST remove the old rockets COMPLETELY before installing this or you will end up with duplicate parts

https://github.com/KSP-RO/SovietRockets/releases/tag/v2.1

vDOS2yh.png

J2rUzN8.png

Edited by raidernick

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

All of your parts packs are officially supported by the Historical Progression Tech Tree!

ok thanks, it's too bad my stock configs all suck so using it with that mod is going to be a terrible experience unless you have RO/RSS.

Edited by raidernick

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, romanasul said:

Any chance of making the vernier engines capable of yaw? It's very difficult to do the ascent with just pitch and roll control.

Well I would say it is considering you are installing them on the rocket incorrectly. The verniers only gimbal on ONE axis as they do IRL. You are supposed to install them in pairs rotated 90 degrees....This is a well known and simple to do fact....

If the parts rotated on all axis and you installed them in 4x symmetry, they would clip through the mesh....

Look at the engines here and you can clearly see they only move on a single axis.......

Soyuz_rocket_engines.jpg

Edited by raidernick