[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Probes & Soviet Rockets - R7/N1/Soyuz/Proton/Zenit/Dnepr/Kosmos/Tsiklon - 7-24-21

raidernick

That's from the API... cool for stuff like FAR, I suppose (I always found it silly to fly a jet and have an antenna extended off it, or worse, a dish...)...

As for the ranges, I have no idea, I just copied them exactly as is. :P

Edit: And from the looks of it, Molniya needs a DishAngle...

cool work so far, let me know when you have a final posted and I'll add it. Since I don't use remotetech I'd ask that anyone else with RT test the script before I add it to make sure it works on their systems.

That's from the API... cool for stuff like FAR, I suppose (I always found it silly to fly a jet and have an antenna extended off it, or worse, a dish...)...

As for the ranges, I have no idea, I just copied them exactly as is. :P

Edit: And from the looks of it, Molniya needs a DishAngle...

I don't use FAR but from the RT post alot of people had problems with FAR breaking the antenna off even when not extended because of MAXQ.

EDIT- But maybe thats fixed

EDIT- And Great Job raidernick love the parts but why the Soviet pack get a launcher and not the USA pack hehe :D just had to ask.

Edited by Mecripp2

EDIT- And Great Job raidernick love the parts but why the Soviet pack get a launcher and not the USA pack hehe :D just had to ask.

Because frizzank already did a great job on US launchers, and he is still actively updating them. The soviet launchers packs on the other hand get one update a year(if that) and haven't had any substantial content added since 0.22(or earlier), that is slow enough to consider them dead in my eyes.

Also, does the remotetech config above work? Is it finished or am I waiting for something still?

Raidernick you do awesome work would you consider doing the blackarrow there is one on the forums somewhere but it needs fixing I will try and find the link if your interested

It has the blender file

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95438-Blender-Model-Donation-Post-all-your-unfinished-models

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25136-Black-Arrow-British-satellite-launcher

Edited by Virtualgenius

Hi raidernick, the Delta II rocket from my mod will be soon finished I think, and a lot of the probes you made were launched by a Delta II rocket, so I wouldn't mind about launchers. :)

I'm actually waiting for that so I can make craft files to distribute with my parts. Are you making a variety of payload fairings for them? There are several different types of fairings depending on the payload size.

Looking forward to this release then Kartoffelkuchen.

Also, holding back the release until the gimbal plugin is fixed. Right now the newest version doesn't properly limit the gimbal axis as it should and I don't want to redistribute an older version with it. Once sarbian fixes it I'll release the update.

Edited by raidernick

Awesome cant wait thanks for your efforts Raidernick did you see my other post

I did see it and I really only work on US and Soviet "space race" related parts. I may consider this as a side project but I am currently juggling more than I can handle at the moment.

UPDATE V0.98.1

-Added Molniya-M rocket, updated luna craft files to use this rocket

-Tweaked mass and DV values of all parts, rockets are not ridiculously overpowered anymore

-Replaced all nosecone and base textures to match rockets

-Consolidated textures to save memory

-Fixed remote tech mm config

-Added mm config for texturereplacer reflections, this will override the default reflections if you have texturereplacer installed

-Updated version of km_gimbal, DELETE YOUR OLD ONE!

-Updated craft files and subassemblies

-COMPLETELY REMOVE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS!

QfVDLbP.png

Edited by raidernick

I was going to point out some weird behaviour with Sputnik-1's reflections with PlanetShine installed, but seeing as there's an update, I'm going to install that first before I report more...

Though it's kind of interesting (in a weird way) to see it turn completely pale blue for a few moments... haha.

Edit: yeah, reflections are perfect now. :D

Edited by Nitrous Oxide

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE V0.98.2

-Separated R7 rocket fins and made them into control surfaces, all craft files will need updating

-Added Fregat-1 booster block

-Updated all craft and subassembly files

-Removed some duplicate textures

-YOU MUST REMOVE OLD VERSION COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS!

Kukzgcn.png