Energia project v1.5A / MIR v4

DECQ

Okay, first launch completed. Time for some feedback from the field.

First impressions...

Upon loading: My god, this thing is a lag monster.

Upon Liftoff: Needs more boosters. TWR of 1.13 is NOT good.

After 15 seconds of flight: This thing flies like the pilots are drunk. It's weaving all over the place.

Booster Separation: Good clean sep. Love it. The RD-0120s need less gimbal control, though. Pitch, roll, and yaw transients became worse after losing the boosters.

Coasting to circularization burn: Core stage needs RCS or a reaction wheel. It's impossible to control.

Circularization burn: Too much gimbal. Tumbled out of control.

Overall assesment: Energia needs some refinement. I love the SMERCH and DM stages, though. They're flawless.

Okay, first launch completed. Time for some feedback from the field.

First impressions...

Upon loading: My god, this thing is a lag monster.

Upon Liftoff: Needs more boosters. TWR of 1.13 is NOT good.

After 15 seconds of flight: This thing flies like the pilots are drunk. It's weaving all over the place.

Booster Separation: Good clean sep. Love it. The RD-0120s need less gimbal control, though. Pitch, roll, and yaw transients became worse after losing the boosters.

Coasting to circularization burn: Core stage needs RCS or a reaction wheel. It's impossible to control.

Circularization burn: Too much gimbal. Tumbled out of control.

Overall assesment: Energia needs some refinement. I love the SMERCH and DM stages, though. They're flawless.

Great assessment I couldn't say it any better myself. I think you made a beautiful mod but for me at least it lags so much its pretty much unenjoyable. Now I do have a few mods not alot of mods more than average but way less then some people I have seen. I would like to use this mod in conjunction with those mods but as I said its just too laggy. Would you consider a low res version or even a version with toned down graphics. Again well done but just too laggy right now for me.

Great assessment I couldn't say it any better myself. I think you made a beautiful mod but for me at least it lags so much its pretty much unenjoyable. Now I do have a few mods not alot of mods more than average but way less then some people I have seen. I would like to use this mod in conjunction with those mods but as I said its just too laggy. Would you consider a low res version or even a version with toned down graphics. Again well done but just too laggy right now for me.

I don't think that it's the textures... it's the models. If he just pulled them from the webpage he listed on the OP... they're really high poly-count. That's the cause of the lag.

1.after separation "Block A", move the rear engines Pitch-Trim At least -5

2.What TWR: -D

3 Yes, I understand why the gap, it is necessary that the number of polygons not privyshaet 1000, try to launch a rocket without the "Buran T" I found it in abundance polygons will fix it

In addition to the rocket did not staggered like a drunken struts to fix it, and download a small plug of ferram4, is on the first page

Edited by DECQ

1.after separation "Block A", move the rear engines Pitch-Trim At least -5

2.What TWR: -D

3 Yes, I understand why the gap, it is necessary that the number of polygons not privyshaet 1000, try to launch a rocket without the "Buran T" I found it in abundance polygons will fix it

In addition to the rocket did not staggered like a drunken struts to fix it, and download a small plug of ferram4, is on the first page

1. Ah. Thank you for that tip. I'll try it next time I fly.

2. Thrust to Weight Ratio. 1.2:1 (thrust is 1.2 times more than the rocket weighs) is ideal for KSP. Gets you off the pad in a reasonable amount of time, but you don't have to throttle back as you climb.

3. The Buran-T pod doesn't create a massive slowdown like the core and boosters do. Not sure what's going on.

I do have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I also used struts. It's the overreaction of the engines that causes MechJeb to have some severe control issues.

• 2 weeks later...
How's the Vulkan going? I always liked that monster. :) Really looking forward to it.

I'm working on the Vulcan and the Buran, but first I want to significantly reduce the lag of Energy.

• 1 month later...
This still alive? Would love to see if you've managed more work on it.

At the moment I'm busy with other projects, but do not leave yourself thinking continue to work further on the draft energy here, but only for RSS.

• 1 month later...
At the moment I'm busy with other projects, but do not leave yourself thinking continue to work further on the draft energy here, but only for RSS.

Hi. Speak Rissian? I can help you with setting for RSS, I have a lot of different configs, the last lie here. https://drive.google.com/drive/#folders/0B2Ipy7ifKTJNVUpacTdnc2ZlT1E

Among the Russians, they settled down, but on the forum all not fall for other people.

I have problems with English because of this, I write through the translator.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, I have not been on this page, this addon is suspended due to unexplained lag. I did everything that they were not, but they disappear. But I do not lose hope.

Here is the latest version of the block "A".

8533177_m.png

• 4 weeks later...

It resumed work on the program Energia-Buran.Here are some pictures reanimated Buran. New textures.

8840509_m.png

8840529_m.png

8840537_m.png

8840543_m.png

8840559_m.png

- - - Updated - - -

Rocket ENERGIA is now also optimized and does not create such lags as before.

8840604_m.png

Wow, these models are stunning! Are all parts compatible with 1.0? I'll definitely have to check these out when I get a chance!

No, the shuttle slowly but steadily being introduced to the game, but it is not configured for 1.0.

Draÿon01 said he could help me set up a drill for this version, and I trust him completely.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.