Energia project v1.5A / MIR v4

DECQ

12 hours ago, Max85 said:

Hey guys,

Nice Work on the Buran  DECQ! 

Man that thing barely lift during take off. 

Just a question, since you release your fuel tank and the shuttle engines use it, how do ou deorbit the shuttle?

Welcome to the forum!
You mean that the conclusions of the payload you lack the fuel  ??? Maybe you deduce it wrong, because this should be enough.

16 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Weird. Oh well. One little question, how do I attach the Buran-T container to the stack? I can't ever get it to work. But otherwise, amazing mod.

Today update now payloads will be easier to mount add-on, and that there were no more such questions)

12 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Did a fix ever get put out to stop it from being nose heavy on landing also how do you use the robotic arm I have IR installed but their appears to be no console to drive it 

I have done some updating, but is responsible for the aerodynamics of the Dragon, I am not to understand it. :D

Thx for the welcoming DECQ.

Well in this new version my fuel problem was solved but other things seems to be bugged.

- I have problem aligning the Buran tail constrol surface. (Yes I tried to rotate it)

- Energia block A can't seperate during flight and aligning them correctly while building the shuttle is very difficult. They also last longer than the other liquid fuel engines. (Maybe I builded the launcher wrong)

- Buran can spin out of control easily during reentry ending up falling like a brick. 

- OMS engine fuel icon doesn't show.

21 hours ago, DECQ said:

1.Oh, did I mention that I do not understand the script of aerodynamics in KSP, on the tail about the fast response is not received...
2.About Block A, you join a single or   pair of blocks ???
It is advisable to use the steam version, put the file VAB/...craft. in his game, there are three versions of the in package, and it should help you to understand.

3.I think Dragon reads this and looks that this metal because it's his job, as I hope will soon be finalized and the Space Shuttle, and it will take a considerable part of the aerodynamics of the Buran cfg :)
When Buran enters the atmosphere, it is desirable not to touch him, but if you need to do this very carefully, it is desirable to wait until when Buran enters the troposphere and horizon it to level flight.

4.About OMS, I put a Category - Engine. Soon add to download.

1 hour ago, Virtualgenius said:

Could someone give me a clue on how to use the robotic arms I am used to the old romfarer ones that had a little console that popped up I have no idea on how to use this IR one

You did not understand the add-on Infernal Robotics, or do not know how to build a manipulator?

12 hours ago, DECQ said:

1.Oh, did I mention that I do not understand the script of aerodynamics in KSP, on the tail about the fast response is not received...

Ok

2.About Block A, you join a single or   pair of blocks ???

Pair, single work fine

It is advisable to use the steam version, put the file VAB/...craft. in his game, there are three versions of the in package, and it should help you to understand

Sadly I don't use the steam version. I use 1.4 and craft files are not compatibles 

3.I think Dragon reads this and looks that this metal because it's his job, as I hope will soon be finalized and the Space Shuttle, and it will take a considerable part of the aerodynamics of the Buran cfg :)
When Buran enters the atmosphere, it is desirable not to touch him, but if you need to do this very carefully, it is desirable to wait until when Buran enters the troposphere and horizon it to level flight.

4.About OMS, I put a Category - Engine. Soon add to download.

Thank you

Also I can't EVA the Kermans, it's like they drop in the frame of the shuttle or something

13 hours ago, crberus said:

Awesome work and very good models! Maybe it was already answered, but I have a question. What is "Grom" here? Just another engine section for Orbiter or something like Smerch to use it with other kind of payload?

Thank you for your kind words, "Grom" this all part OS-120, in fact it is the same only the earlier version of the Buran.

11 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I dont understand how you control the manipulator I used the craft file and the manipulator is built but I have tried right clicking on it to try and and find some console to run it opened the IR interface and it makes no sense.

I'll tell you the easiest way to use it.

First you need to download two small add-on for it to work, but I think you did it.
Then launch Buran in space, right upper corner of the icon appears vvide claws clicking on it and then on the "New group", a window will appear with all controlled items.

10985454_m.png

Not difficult to understand how to manage them, here's an example.

10985506_m.png

The final part of almost get close to the details and click on "Magnet On / Off", this is the work plugin KIS. Then you separate the item from Decoupler / DockPort and details of the magnet to the manipulator already without your help. :)

10985556_m.png

Thanks for that its a shame the Romfarer ones are busted as he had a nice little interface that you could control the arm from. the camera and the magnet, thats why i didnt understand the IR one its each individual moving component 

Update 

I got the old arms working

z8KpXnC.jpg

Edited by Virtualgenius

3 hours ago, DECQ said:

Thank you for your kind words, "Grom" this all part OS-120, in fact it is the same only the earlier version of the Buran.

By the way, OS-120 was a preliminary project of "Buran" just as copy of STS' Orbiter with copies of SSME. And if it's interested, I'd really like to see Vulcan in KSP. Is this monstrous rocket planned? And if it is, are you going to make some payloads for it (e.g. LEK)?

51 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

Thanks for that its a shame the Romfarer ones are busted as he had a nice little interface that you could control the arm from. the camera and the magnet, thats why i didnt understand the IR one its each individual moving component 

I loved Romfarer, very sorry that he has no more updates ...

Edited by DECQ

39 minutes ago, crberus said:

By the way, OS-120 was a preliminary project of "Buran" just as copy of STS' Orbiter with copies of SSME. And if it's interested, I'd really like to see Vulcan in KSP. Is this monstrous rocket planned? And if it is, are you going to make some payloads for it (e.g. LEK)?

Yes, I'm well enough to deal with the second stage of Vulcan and  notified of LEK, I'll work on a monster.

Edited by DECQ

8 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Yes, I'm well enough to deal with the second stage of Vulcan and nice notified of LEK, I'll work on a monster.

There are a lot of payloads for Energia, Vulcan, Energia-M, e.g. Mir-2 Modules and Tsiolkovsky Probe. Will you make some of them? If you need some help with information about that, I could help.

Edited by crberus

1 hour ago, crberus said:

There are a lot of payloads for Energia, Vulcan, Energia-M, e.g. Mir-2 Modules and Tsiolkovsky Probe. Will you make some of them? If you need some help with information about that, I could help.

About Mir 2 not sure, the reincarnation of the Mir bobcat is. I do not remember about the probe Tsiolkovsky, can you show me what it is.

24 minutes ago, DECQ said:

About Mir 2 not sure, the reincarnation of the Mir bobcat is. I do not remember about the probe Tsiolkovsky, can you show me what it is.

I don't think that Mir-2 is just the reincarnation of Mir, but it may look not so different for others. Tsiolkovsky was a probe to study Jupiter and close area of Sun (4 millions km). It would have small Jupiter atmospheric probe and big probe to fly near Sun. Here are some paints and blueprints of it: http://epizodsspace.airbase.ru/bibl/otchet-jup-sat/tsiolk.html . If you can't read russian, i can translate it, but it will take some time.

Edited by crberus

3 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Update 

I got the old arms working

z8KpXnC.jpg

How did you get the working ones?

On 08.01.2016 at 1:38 AM, Virtualgenius said:

I recompiled the DLL by following the instructions on this page http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/9905-090-lazor-system-v35-dec-17/&page=74 and it worked unfortunately it cant be distributed 

What do you mean "can not be distributed"? You can release the update on it, Romfarer left but KSP community would be very pleased.

On 30/11/2015 at 8:59 PM, Cdodders said:

This has started happening (I have used the updated files but the aft end is stubbornly black) and now it is constantly producing these effects, Im not sure if this is the cause but when in orbit and the SAS turned off, it starts tumbling out f control with no input form me w3b4TmN.jpg

Downloaded the new version, and I am still getting this effect with both rear fuselages (GROM and Normal). It also occurs before launch while on the pad. Does anyone know what could cause this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.