Energia project v1.5A / MIR v4

DECQ

5 hours ago, DECQ said:

11994087_m.png

*drools uncontrollably*

Out of curiosity, what is this variant of Energia called? I'm making stock-alike versions of the Energia launch vehicles (including Energia II :cool:) and I want the right names. Is it Energia T?

Edited by MrMeeb

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You're awesome @DECQ Seriously, you are doing an amazing job at this!

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:
27 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

*drools uncontrollably*

Out of curiosity, what is this variant of Energia called? I'm making stock-alike versions of the Energia launch vehicles (including Energia II :cool:) and I want the right names. Is it Energia T?

Container? You can write Energia/Buran-T :)

Good luck with creating stock versions.

59 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Good luck with creating stock versions.

I'm halfway there - still need to do Polyus, Vulkan and Buran. You don't happen to have any information on potential Vulkan payloads?

21 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

I'm halfway there - still need to do Polyus, Vulkan and Buran. You don't happen to have any information on potential Vulkan payloads?

http://nickd.freehostia.com/OrbiterVault/lek.html

As the author says the device is made not with historical accuracy because of these projects is almost nothing left, but they can be used as a basis.

Incidentally LEK unit carried a Soyuz capsule emitted to return сosmonauts to the Earth.

20 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

I hope you release that! Will it be made with lots of mods like your cooperation .crafts?

4 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

I hope you release that! Will it be made with lots of mods like your cooperation .crafts?

I'll probably release them with the video(s) they'll feature in under a large disclaimer:

"THESE CRAFT HAVE BEEN MADE FOR 6.4 SCALE KERBIN USE AT YOUR OWN DEMISE"

they honestly don't use too many part mods, and it could definitely be simplified. However, in the case of Energia II, it requires like a billion mods to make it actually fly straight, it's payload fraction is basically 0 tons for however many tons it is, and I don't even know if it can reenter. It's basically a film prop (...)

That being said, Energia-M and Energia-T work really quite well, and can get a hefty payload into orbit! But, as I said, I have no idea how they'll behave in a stock environment. It's not that I've done any part tweaking, but I've been using SMURFF so who knows 

1 hour ago, Moose Rocket Science said:

Um.... your missing two engines on the polyus.

Maybe you're confused between Polyus and Energia-T? Either way, they're both launched the same way - the Energia main stage carries the thing to orbit, and the payload is strapped to the side (but doesn't use any engines) Where are the engines missing?

20 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Maybe you're confused between Polyus and Energia-T? Either way, they're both launched the same way - the Energia main stage carries the thing to orbit, and the payload is strapped to the side (but doesn't use any engines) Where are the engines missing?

This is called the Buran-T :)
By the way, note the location of the pair of blocks, they are shifted away from the payload.

12053338_m.png

P.S. Also, to be honest, Energy never deduced payload two steps should always be the third stage, in any case, the vehicle must have been their engines, the second block   deduced apparat  into orbit around 200km 98km.

Edited by DECQ

On 3/26/2016 at 8:50 PM, DECQ said:

This is called the Buran-T :)
By the way, note the location of the pair of blocks, they are shifted away from the payload.

12053338_m.png

P.S. Also, to be honest, Energy never deduced payload two steps should always be the third stage, in any case, the vehicle must have been their engines, the second block   deduced apparat  into orbit around 200km 98km.

I think the boosters are only shifted when carrying buran aren't they?

14 hours ago, eirexe said:

I think the boosters are only shifted when carrying buran aren't they?

No, they have always been biased in any payload. It made sense for the safe separation "Block A" from of the payload, and in case of emergency stops the engine of the first stage (if one RD170 disconnected, energy could not bring the cargo into orbit) Blocks safely lead away solid-fuel engines, then they merged all the fuel in flight. By the way, almost no one knows, but the Buran had their own solid engines,in emergency situations. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Angara in Unity3D, though elaborated version only 1.2pp

12193907_m.png 12193908_m.png 12193909_m.png 

Just preparing a new model of Buran (!), And work is Soyuz continuing .

12193957_m.png 12193958_m.png 12194206_m.png 12194207_m.png 

While all too shaky in beta, should wait for the full release 1.1.

Edited by DECQ

10 hours ago, JoseEduardo said:

@DECQ btw, it just occurred to me, do you plan on having Vostok, R-7, Molnya (I guess it only needs a new fairing for this one), and Sputnik?

I know there's Raidernick's, but I was wondering if you were going to work on that...

For Molniya need block L, although little information about it think that it will not take much time, as may be other options but at the moment I can not guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Virtualgenius said:

Will we see soyuz soon

He is now in the hands of Dragon01, as soon as it does with all that he wanted to release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.