[PLUGIN, PART, KSP 0.14+, REL 0.91] Position/Navigation Lights

RPGprayer

(because of non-existant forum skillz, no image here; see below)

Credits goes to: Guybrush (For helping me trying to make some sense of C#)

and N3X15 for giving us the basics.

CUSTOMIZEABLE POS/NAV LIGHTS

Comes with four models: White, Green, Red and Blue navigation light.

Can be found under 'Decals'.

Activates by default with the 'L' key (can be changed in each cfg)

Toggles between five modes: Defaults are: On (Cannot be changed), 1 second interval, 5 second interval, Epilepsy mode and Off (Modes 1-3 can be edited in each cfg).

Colour for each model can be changed (also in the cfg), the higher the number, the brighter the light. (Default 1)

NEXT/FINAL VERSION:

The reason this isn\'t ver 1.0 is simply because we have not figured out a way to make lens flares or particles. In the next version they will be included, also customizeable with size, colour and intensity.

New stage icon (Possibly change between lit and unlit)

Flare/Particles

More models

NOTES:

Activates on Part Start, so put the navlights in the first stage (The parts are color coded)

Sometimes, you have to press the key a few times for it to change mode.

The source code is available in the rar, feel free to use it as you wish, as long as you give credits.

Also, feel free to post any comments, bug reports, etc.

EDIT:

Sorry about my absentness, guys.

Due to popular demand (Who knew?) I\'ve reduced the size slightly,I hope it\'s more to your liking. Still no idea how to add particles, though.

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/egsak6

Working as intended, however I hope a little bit of critique is ok. :)

Imo it would be a bit better if a few things were changed.

1) The lights are pretty large, I think they look good, but they are practically the size of RCS thruster blocks, and while I cannot say I have ever compared the two, it kinda seems like they should be a tad smaller. (i see custom size in the future, but the default might look better smaller) Maybe the size of a strut hub?

2) The icon for them was a lightbulb, maybe with little rays coming off signifying they are lit? The fact that they are the color they blink is great, but they are kinda odd being shown as a structural object. I am OK in photoshop/illustrator, and I can make something for you if you give me the parameters it needs to be as I have not made a mod before. (if it is possible to change the pic at all)

Besides those two things, I love em :)

Working as intended, however I hope a little bit of critique is ok. :)

Imo it would be a bit better if a few things were changed.

1) The lights are pretty large, I think they look good, but they are practically the size of RCS thruster blocks, and while I cannot say I have ever compared the two, it kinda seems like they should be a tad smaller. (i see custom size in the future, but the default might look better smaller) Maybe the size of a strut hub?

2) The icon for them was a lightbulb, maybe with little rays coming off signifying they are lit? The fact that they are the color they blink is great, but they are kinda odd being shown as a structural object. I am OK in photoshop/illustrator, and I can make something for you if you give me the parameters it needs to be as I have not made a mod before. (if it is possible to change the pic at all)

Besides those two things, I love em :)

1. Do you mean the illumination effect for the lights or the models themselves? For the next release, I could resize the models. If you mean the illumination, I can change the default values for the next release. For now, all you have to do is change the value for color (ex: colorR = 0.5).

2. For the icon, I\'m not sure if there\'s anything that I can do about it right now, apart from switching to another default icon; since there\'s no documentation for adding new icons yet, either. Definately a good idea for later though the suggestion about the icon switching to a 'lit' icon. Adding it to TODO.

Thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone attach their working zip/rar file for this plugin, or direct me to a working link? I\'ve searched & searched.. can\'t find one.

I\'ve been craving this plugin for quite some time.. The file is corrupt for me (using several different comps & programs).

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

Reuploading since the OP doesn\'t seem to check this thread anymore :P

I have two requests for the community:

1) I CBF to upload this somewhere more reliable. Someone should do something about that.

2) Surely someone has the competence to make a smaller model...

Anyway, there\'s the uncorrupted file, and since we now have SPACEPLANES, position lights are even more awesome.

CyoMj.png

(Yes, I\'m aware my colors are backwards, was fixed later).

Thanks man :)

Regarding the particles, I honestly am not sure how you\'d go about that, but an interim fix to help improve the look of the lights once they\'re on - would it be possible to change the texture of the lights itself to appear lit? Similar to how the BigTrak floodlights \'light up\', as well as the MechJeb AR202 case\'s blinky lights? (You can see the landing light lit up in my picture on the previous page).

It\'s not quite the same thing, but would work better than them just being dark with light radiating from nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.