[Early development, 0.24] Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

Wow!

What I thought was a mod on life-support, it looks incredible now!

Unfortunately, I cannot find the latest version, I've been looking through the last few pages.

If anyone could point me towards the right direction, I appreciate it!

Is there any chance the guys maintaining this could be given the first post, etc...?

It would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

Wow!

What I thought was a mod on life-support, it looks incredible now!

Unfortunately, I cannot find the latest version, I've been looking through the last few pages.

If anyone could point me towards the right direction, I appreciate it!

Is there any chance the guys maintaining this could be given the first post, etc...?

It would make it a lot easier to keep track of.

Click on one of the dev's signature.

Just a quick question: What is the heightmap, and the normal map, and what file type are they? I've read the entire thread, but in a haste, so forgive me if this has already benn answered. Also, I have a .obj, .rep, .ply, and .stl file for a planet I made in an online sculpting program, and I was wondering if those would work for the heightmap/normal map.

...How do you make the maps?

There's no single way to make the maps. Most people, including myself, get their textures from a software called Space Engine. However, those more invested and talented with their maps (such as the developers of Outer Planets) may make their maps by hand or use more advanced softwares. In end, you just need a grayscale height map, a color map, and a normal map. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The height and normal map are simple .png images. The heightmap is a greyscale image, that specifies the height at a specific point of the planet. Black is deep and white is high. The normalmap makes the ScaledSpace mesh a bit more sharp and nicer. It's type is blue-ish / Unitys own normal map format.

Loading Planets from a mesh isn't possible, but it's a really cool idea to have a model, that we can use as a ScaledSpace mesh and automaticly compute the PQSMods from the Mesh. :cool:

I think I once saw just a screenshot in the RSS dev thread in blender or something where a cylinder-map was generated from a model of phobos, or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...