[WIP] MJY Future Space Industries , New Mesh pack

mjy

yes I finally got to modding again, WOOHOO NEXUS GOT A SITE FOR KSP!!!!

all will be custom meshes and I might released a few freeware, mostly for testing. if I do they will be posted with the autors name, readme, etc

************ RELEASES ************

ALL MODS RELEASED HERE WILL HAVE A LICENSE OF: BSD License

RELEASED SECTION

1] DS9 , update = DS9 v1.2

DS9.jpg

released at curse, finally got it out after a hard time getting everything on it to work, collision wasn`t nice

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal...y-deep-space-9

License: BSD License

2] Daedalus

deadalus04.jpg

From Star Gate, but u guys know all that :), anyway a big spaceship with lots of storage for planes, vehicles, etc .

There is a front animated door on the Daedalus to capture asteroids, spaceships, aliens.. all other animated door have been put on it, set the height to what u like to get stuff into cargo bays.

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/222344-daedalus-v1

3] RUNABOUT V.1

Runabout.jpg

FROM STAR TREK ds9 shuttle, freeware mix in with custom stuff, it got a cargo bay and a iva, [ iva cfg not finish as u can`t use c, ] but u can add a seat in iva and a kerbal can go sit in it, and yes u will see him inside the iva

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223531-mjy-runabout-v-1#t1:screenshots

Mobile crane

crane002.jpg

bonus item, its yellow now and nicer

hauler03.jpg

will released in batch file, ty

***************NO ONE REPLY`S MEANS THERE ISN`T AND INTEREST IN THESE, THERE WILL BE RELEASED IN A BATCH FILE**************

Delorean, finish, will released

ANY favorite u want to see finish first???? le me know

apc 100% done freeware/custom

apc.jpg

rest will be released in the batch file, won`t do a update in this post

007.jpg

100yes.jpg

amphebian1.jpg

antiaircraft.jpg

buggyneedtomodifiedit.jpg

craneparts.jpg

goingin.jpg

goingin2.jpg

goingin3.jpg

maybestillneedtotouchitup.jpg

modifiedandgoingin.jpg

mothership.jpg

partsgoingincab.jpg

partsmaybegoingin.jpg

truckpartswillgoin.jpg

withtimemaybealmostready.jpg

workingbee.jpg

yesforsurefinish.jpg

yesalmostdone.jpg

yesneedtoredoalotofit.jpgyes4.jpg

Edited by mjy

The texture is simple but give a very nice look, good job on this.

For lights, you may add lights in unity (maybe one single quite big point light in the center of the mesh itself)+ emissive texture, no anim, just full light power (white everywhere there is a light), so they will really glow ! (And with distant object enhancement mod, it may be really nice)

ty Volculus I love star trek to, so many spaceship to make, its unreal.

ty Jeffersonflight, usually if I got idea, inspiration, I will follow through them. 3dmax is pretty easy for me, but unity is new.

yes, like I said I`m fairly new to this game, texture is ok for now, man I want to add so many stuff on it but afraid I would have to cut down on the parts,etc.

so still learning how it all works, yes unity lights would be great , will look it up to see how it works, great idea for middle light

might make a shuttle for it, seems empty, that should be fast, anyone got idea of what could go with it, pics would be nice.

p.s any idea how to delete a pic in my first post??

Edited by mjy

getting close, collision are done, what a pain to make, no wonder no one ever made something this huge :), but I will have fun with it when done, can almost have a city in there, ... wait it is a city in space 0o

wonder how the cfg should look like, will it have a lot of fuel, etc, not sure, can we land on it to refuel? any suggestion?

Edited by mjy

To remove a pic just edit your post and delete the link enclosed in and tags.

I strongly suggest you to read as much as possible modding help/tutorials threads for every single aspect of how things works (part cfg, resources, modules to add some features to parts, nodes, ...). You may also need hyperedit plug-in to "drop" this huge city in space. And I don't big space station like this land near to a gas station to fill the tank then go back in space :) (regarding the size of USS enterprise or starwars star cruiser, they're almost too big to go on the surface of a planet).

Typical service would be mining/refining propellant on surface and ship it to space to refuel those huge things.

As a final note: KSP is more limited by parts than polys, so one single part made of 100000 polys is far better than 1000 parts made of 100 polys.

ty forthat info. yes , I`know most stuff to get by, really learn a lot this weekend. learn it the hard way, as my spacestation didn`t like me . collision was a pain, will still be off a bit, wish there was a better way to add collision that could wrap a the mesh better?. no don`t need hyper edit, it would be faster or just use lcars that it was made for. its low weight so it should be easy either way

all is left is the scale in game and in unity, cfg scale is there a cap, seem I can`t go over 200? nvm I can scale it in unity, but what is the max limit for ksp, it blows every time I go out, but I got it to big anyway, scaling it down to see how far I can go

can`t go to far wit hit, it blows up when I bring it ouside??

Edited by mjy

FINALY, got it in space, all I had to do was rescale it in 3dmax, was a invisible part of the mesh, no idea why , but that is fix, I had it at the size of the kerbal base lol, but will rescale it to fit ingame, darn had a hard time getting it ready.,

won`t do a big scale mesh like this for a while, I shouldn`t have made a hard model like this one, it didn`t seem that hard 0o, but its done, just got to fix up cfg and the right scale and its done, got a bonus middle ds9 part, asi was testing it to see why it was crashing, ended up it was just the darn cfg... oh yes , another amazing low poly mesh under 20 k, about 18200 about , not bad at all, testing the limit of the ksp, not bad at all, it really doesn`t like u to rescale items to much lol, there is a cap. so learning by my mistake...so any want this?

Tommygun = oh yes maybe, maybe he got another starbase somewhere ready to attack mine with his fleet of starship, Daedalus again voyager who would win, mmm,0o

You ask who want's it?

Well - I want it.. - and something like everybody want's it..

Looks great..

Much better than mine - but mine has some secrets - I am still optimistic, that my version will also be worth to use..

:-)

So the rescale cap is in the CFG, that explains it?

Because unity does actually not have a cap - otherwise you would not have a planet under your feet..

that thing named Kerbin is also a gameobject and for sure bigger than any ship we will build..

having prob with lcars, check your pm, it blows up if I take the spacestation outside? if I take out lcars pluging it works good? and got ods stuff with voyager,etc

but the spacestation is finish and I guest only 1 wants it :)

seems there is not much scale cap, my cfg wasn`t set right. think of a panet as a scale hehe, pretty big

Edited by mjy

I've tested in .24 - can't say about your station - but my stuff still works - the game crashes a lot more now - but that is a current 64bit-issue as they mentioned in the release note..

You should (allways!!) check the logs and report the errors LCARS produces..

If there aren't any exceptions linked to LCARS, the plugin is innocent..

hmmm i saw this and was thinking if there was a way to get kerbtown to somehow put objects... IN SPACE! :D so you could have this orbiting kerbin as a static object (then again just hyperediting it up is also good...)

I manage to put something to 100 km above Kerbin with Kerbtown, but it's almost useless, as anything goes out have a null orbital velocity, and the very evil launch clamps really don't like to be there !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mjy

great release - all worked well here

btw: dedalus SAS is configured well if the ship is full of fuel - maybe the spinning some reported was when it was empty..

The weight of the ship affects torque.

And I would add an other "0" to EC resource..

your battery seems a bit small - it drains too fast..

just add a zero - that should help..

The shuttle is very beautiful and flys great with impulse - I would love some internals though..

DS9 is amazing - you went through all hoops and details.. - you will see soon, that I was too lazy for that in my version

good to know,, torque, yes never tough of that, as for shuttles, I t was just a test version, I will make some after I get Daedalus updated

ds9 was a pain in the .... for using a few vehicles at the same time , like to get the shuttle inside the ds9, I had to click on the lcars and stop it right there, the stop to save thing, then it was stable .

anything done is fun, u do it first for your fun and released if any wants, don`t matter what it is., I got 10 years of doing meshes and 30 years of doing models, etc, so don`t worry about not being perfect. as long as its fun

Just like to say great job on the DS9, And I love the Type-F shuttle you made :D Just a few things, DS9 is a little weird. When placed in the VAB is starts on its side, which makes the symmetry fo placing things like docking ports or RCS a pain in the butt. Also the emissive on the window lights don't seem work. Other then that its great. Almost as big as the 2500m Torus Station mod. Also a little request. Is there any chance that the Type F shuttle included in the download could be broken up into parts so that it can fly without LCARS (like 4 or 5 parts, wings, body, cockpit, engine, etc...)

DS9 is made to fit into sph with extended hanger, never though about VAB,= emissive on the window lights don't seem to work, yes I know, I`m trying to figure out what I `m doing wrong.

type F shuttle is in the download?? , lol, it was supposed to be just a test part for myself 0o, forgot to take it out. but I will be making shuttle and vehicles next pack, not sure what I will start with. prob a big crane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.